Old June 27, 2002, 23:57   #1
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I have two errors with the forums.
Whenever I vote in a poll it says it didn't work and it has a retry button but that doesn't work either. Does anyone else get that?

And does anyone else have a problem with using the browsers back button? When I use it, the text gets screwed up. It just completely bypasses all the text formats (I know this because it displays the commands at the very top of the page:

"ZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee; COLOR: #21182F; } TEXTAREA { FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eeeeee; COLOR: #000000; } .bginput { FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #CCCCCC; COLOR: #000000; } .thtcolor { COLOR: #000000; } .invtable { BACKGROUND-COLOR: #F8F8F8; BORDER-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-STYLE: outset; } #all A:link { COLOR: #001090; } #all A:visited { COLOR: #001090; } #all A:active { COLOR: #001090; } #all A:hover { COLOR: #001070; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } #cat A:link { COLOR: #222222; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } #cat A:visited { COLOR: #222222; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } #cat A:active { COLOR: #222222; TEXT-DECORATION: none; } #cat A:hover { COLOR: #222222; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; } A{text-decoration:none} .bf { font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt} .nf { font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt} .sf { font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 8pt} "

It shows all that at the top of my page, after I use the back button.
Old June 28, 2002, 22:44   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:23
Strange. Hasn't happened to me yet.
Old June 29, 2002, 01:38   #3
tniem
King

Local Time: 22:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Standard compatibility problems questions:

What browser you using (including version number), screen resolution, and apolyton settings?

I have had no such problem with Mozilla but maybe there is some problem with that browser known as IE .
Old June 29, 2002, 06:25   #4
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

Local Time: 04:23
The back button works fine in my browser(s), i.e. IE 5.5 + 6.0. Only when you use it after you submitted a post you might get a problem, because you will go to the redirection screen and will be redirected forward again. As it's the purpose of a redirection to redirect you ( ), it works as designed, I'd say.

I often get JavaScript errors when loading a page, though (already mentioned in this thread). Maybe this is somehow connected to your problem, because if the JavaScript / the page doesn't load correctly, the history.back() command might not work properly either. Did you notice any JavaScript errors before getting your messed up screen?
Old June 29, 2002, 12:40   #5
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 23:23
Quote:
Originally posted by tniem
Standard compatibility problems questions:

What browser you using (including version number), screen resolution, and apolyton settings?
What he said, Sn00py. If you can provide us with more information on these points at your earliest opportunity, we can better assist you with your problem. Just to elaborate on one point: when we talk abuot "Apolyton Settings", we're referring to items such as e.g. forum viewing style (e.g. 'Light').

----------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old July 2, 2002, 22:41   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:23
Re: I have two errors with the forums.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sn00py
Whenever I vote in a poll it says it didn't work and it has a retry button but that doesn't work either. Does anyone else get that?
YES!!!! I am starting to get this too. I have tried voting on several polls in the Civ2 Democracy game, and each time it comes up with a message:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

Try this action again!

Trying again (clicking on the "Try this action again" link) works in some cases, but not for others eg

this thread

Sn00py - we're both NZers; maybe it's some international conspiracy thing.

What's up wit dat?!?!?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 3, 2002, 15:15   #7
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 04:23
I get that poll error a lot too. I pretty much abandoned all voting for a while.
Old July 3, 2002, 20:47   #8
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 23:23
Re: Re: I have two errors with the forums.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

YES!!!! I am starting to get this too. I have tried voting on several polls in the Civ2 Democracy game, and each time it comes up with a message:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

Try this action again!

Trying again (clicking on the "Try this action again" link) works in some cases, but not for others eg

this thread

Sn00py - we're both NZers; maybe it's some international conspiracy thing.

What's up wit dat?!?!?
I just voted in the poll above successfully.

If "trying this action again" does not work right away, try again in another hour or day even. If it persists for more than 24hrs, email Markos and I with the exact error message, the URL that it appeared on, your web browser/version and the the time(s) (more or less) that you attempted to vote.

-----------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old July 8, 2002, 00:43   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:23
Re: Re: I have two errors with the forums.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Try this action again!

this thread
This is starting to happen again, and I am gtting annoyed with it. I haven't tried to vote in a poll since the last time I posted here about the problem.

As suggested, I will keep trying for 24 hrs or so, and if I have no luck, I will email you guys with the info you need. For the moment, I have all the cookies options enabled for this site, and the poll is here .

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 8, 2002, 18:24   #10
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 20:23
I use Netscape 4.79 because IE is evil and Netscape 6+ was AOLified. I have had the poll problem once weeks ago but not since. I do have a problem with incomplete page loads. It typically starts happening with more than 8 replies on the page, always within the last 10-15% of the page however long or short (a typical message says "93% of nnnk read").

The download is always complete (no stalling message). It is php that locks up. No amount of waiting does any good (I have fallen asleep at that stage, more than once). Sometimes none of the page actually appears on screen but the mouse still rolls over invisible links. The end of the page (or the whole page if invisible) often flashes into existance only in the moment after hitting reload. I've never been able to hit [Esc] fast enough to freeze it.

In one case there was an attachment I wanted at the end of the page, so I opened 6 instances while I read another thread and kept hitting reload each time they would lock up. I cycled through this several times; then the browser commited a terminal error. I cranked it up again with 4 instances. I stopped counting after five cycles of reloads; eventually the whole page loaded.

It took well over 50 attempts to load the page! I ended up setting page length to 10 in my options panel. php lockup still occurs, although less often and it takes less time to reload.