Old June 30, 2002, 04:57   #1
bnmac3
Settler

Local Time: 03:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Cradel possabilities
Just a couple of questions about the cradle mod, since I dont know anything about it, and am just now returning back to CTP2

What is the maximum amount of civs, and what is the suggested amount to start with?

All the "hidden nationality" units still there?

Any maps come with, aka the world map?

any new units.

Those are the main 4.
Old June 30, 2002, 13:32   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 04:29
Quote:
What is the maximum amount of civs, and what is the suggested amount to start with?
The maximum is theoretically 32, I think saved games only work properly with 28. Unless you have a very powerful computer, I'd suggest starting with 7 or 8. Not more than 10 anyway.

Quote:
All the "hidden nationality" units still there?

Isn't that Civ3?
Quote:
Any maps come with, aka the world map?
Nope, but you can get them separately, and play with Cradle rules.
Quote:
any new units.
Loads. You'll have to check out the readme for details, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cradle nearly doubled the number of units in the game.
Old June 30, 2002, 15:56   #3
bnmac3
Settler

I would have no problems except I cant get it to work period. I installed the cradle and first off, when I select it, I can only play with around 30 civs. then when I start it says "unable to find the file m.lanicere medieo.TGA"

Is there something i am doing wrong?
Old June 30, 2002, 16:20   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 04:29
It sounds like you need Leonardo's graphics add-on.
Old June 30, 2002, 16:29   #5
bnmac3
Settler

I alreaedy intalled that
Old June 30, 2002, 17:17   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:29
Something seems to have gone wrong in the process. My advice would be to try installing it again, see if that makes a difference...
Old June 30, 2002, 21:28   #7
bnmac3
Settler

Thank you, that fixed the tga thing, now how do I get a senario that lets me choose all the civs, a earth map that will work (the default senario crashes when I run it with cradle) and I cant pick the more popular civs, america, france, rome, ect. It gives me 32 civs to choose from right now, and they are kinda off the wall.
Old July 1, 2002, 11:50   #8
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by bnmac3
Thank you, that fixed the tga thing, now how do I get a senario that lets me choose all the civs...
From the FAQ Thread...
Q7 How to play with more than 8 opponents?
A7 Just open your userprofile.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ directory.
At the top of that file you find the entry: NumPlayers=9. Just change the number there to a one of your choice, and you will start a game with that number of players.
As I know the max number is 29. I never was able to reload a game with more players.

Quote:
a earth map that will work (the default senario crashes when I run it with cradle)
I have never tried using a pre-made map in any of my games, so I'm not sure what needs to be done.

Quote:
and I cant pick the more popular civs, america, france, rome, ect. It gives me 32 civs to choose from right now, and they are kinda off the wall.
Since Cradle is heavily based on ancient history, the civ list uses ancient civs. However, there is a set of two files that will restore (most of) the civs from the default game to your Cradle setup. You will need to switch out those files with the existing Cradle files.

1. In the ctp2_data/default/gamedata/CRA_playing options/orig civs folder, there is a file called CRA_civilization.txt - switch that file with the existing one in the ctp2_data/default/gamedata folder

2. In the ctp2_data/english/gamedata/CRA_original civs folder, there is a file called CRA_civ_str.txt - switch that file with the existing CRA_civ_str.txt in the ctp2_data/english/gamedata folder.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...