Old July 1, 2002, 02:08   #1
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 21:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Noah's Ark Found!
I saw this on TV the other day and decided to look into it. . .

Has Noah's Ark really been found? The Turkish government says yes! Check this site out for evidence of truth in the Bible. There is other evidence of Biblical discoveries here, such as Sodom and Gomorrah, the Red Sea crossing, Mt. Sinai and the Ark of the Covenant! WOW!!!

Like I'm really surprised.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	noahsark.gif
Views:	332
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	18532  
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old July 1, 2002, 02:09   #2
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Also, there is a large man buried on Mars, here is his face:

Old July 1, 2002, 02:10   #3
Patashu
Warlord

Local Time: 13:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey! That looks like my boat!
Old July 1, 2002, 02:15   #4
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Patashu
Hey! That looks like my boat!
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old July 1, 2002, 02:19   #5
TheBirdMan
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
Location: A real Master of CTP-PBEM - together with all the others.....
2 men ran into each other just 'round a housecorner.

"Ohh my God" said the first.

"Schhhhh. I'm here incognito" said the other.

Gandhi
Old July 1, 2002, 02:22   #6
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Also, there is a large man buried on Mars, here is his face:

differenece being one more shot proved that to be accident.

The ararat anomily as it twas called has been examined dozens of times and it doesnt look like any normal rock. Damn shame we cant get up there. Stupid Kurdish guerilla's killed the last two guys who dared to seek out the ark.

either way, I doubt thats it. Tho there is alot evidence somthing wierd is up there in that spot. I still think the noah's ark thing is more of a moral story than actual fact. Perhaps a big flood did occur (which evidence shows it did) but I dont think a man in a boat took animals with him. Thats just silly, keeping in my mind there were 2 continents full of animals and the latter was not discovered till 1492.
Old July 1, 2002, 02:25   #7
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

How do you know if it doesn't look like any normal rock if you can't get up there?

For all you know it could be a crater from a freakishly shaped meteor, or just a weird rock collection. It's happened in other cases.

And as you say, the story simply doesn't make sense.

Also, wood deteriorates and breaks and moves, so are we sure the remains would (conveniently) look like a ship hull?
Old July 1, 2002, 02:30   #8
faded glory
King

Right about the story, but theres always some truth to all myths. I serouisly duobt its a boat, but I do believe in a flood that wiped out an early civilization in the black sea, and that story is most likely the origin of noah's ark/epic of gilgamesh, etc.....

Besides those dimensions arent even correct for the ark. The ark/boat, according to Genesis and the epic of gilgamesh it was a Flat-bottomed Pentagon shaped barge. That might work if Noah Sailed out on the Bismark, but not the ark
Old July 1, 2002, 02:32   #9
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory
differenece being one more shot proved that to be accident.
Yes, that was proved to be a fake; turned out to be a bunch of shadows. But these religious artifacts have actually been excavated. Archaelogists have actually seen and analyzed these things for themselves, determining them to be authentic, proving once and for all that these biblical stories are true.

Quote:
Thats just silly, keeping in my mind there were 2 continents full of animals and the latter was not discovered till 1492.
There is now new evidence that the flood waters did not actually cover the whole earth, but only the land that people lived in at that time. If you look deeper into the site I linked to you will find this information.
Old July 1, 2002, 02:32   #10
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:30
Quote:

either way, I doubt thats it. Tho there is alot evidence somthing wierd is up there in that spot. I still think the noah's ark thing is more of a moral story than actual fact. Perhaps a big flood did occur (which evidence shows it did) but I dont think a man in a boat took animals with him. Thats just silly, keeping in my mind there were 2 continents full of animals and the latter was not discovered till 1492.
there allready were people on this continent before 1492. How did they get there if it wasn't discovered yet
Old July 1, 2002, 02:33   #11
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

They've got spy satellites with resolution that would *easily* reveal just what that boat-shaped formation is.

The Face on Mars was revealed to be — through even more close-up and detailed imagery — to probably be nothing more than a natural formation. Although even in the new photos it looks odd, almost as if something may have been carved there in the distant past, but has since been eroded into a natural-looking formation.

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old July 1, 2002, 02:35   #12
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Besides those dimensions arent even correct for the ark. The ark/boat, according to Genesis and the epic of gilgamesh it was a Flat-bottomed Pentagon shaped barge.
Where do you get your information?
Old July 1, 2002, 02:36   #13
Al'Kimiya
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:30
Quote:
Originally posted by alva848

there allready were people on this continent before 1492. How did they get there if it wasn't discovered yet
You're just brainwashed
Old July 1, 2002, 02:37   #14
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Al'Kimiya
You're just brainwashed
Have you even looked at the evidence?
Old July 1, 2002, 02:45   #15
Hueij
Emperor

Local Time: 05:30
Yeah I looked at that site and I ran into this:

Quote:
Enlarged view of the measurement:
6 Royal Egyptian cubits.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Old July 1, 2002, 02:48   #16
faded glory
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9

Where do you get your information?
Genesis...Im saying the arrarat formation looks like the Bismark is up there, not the ark. Despite what you saw in the 1950's box office hit "Noah's ark", The ark was 5 sided and 300 yards long on each side. So more of a UFO if you think about it Wait a minute!? 2 of each of animal??? Flood......lights from heaven hmmm
Old July 1, 2002, 02:49   #17
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Hueij
Yeah I looked at that site and I ran into this:

Quote:
Enlarged view of the measurement:
6 Royal Egyptian cubits.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Where did you find that exactly? And what is that a measurement of?
Old July 1, 2002, 02:51   #18
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Genesis
Where in Genesis?
Old July 1, 2002, 02:51   #19
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:30
If you believe that this is Noah's Ark, then I've got some land down in Florida you might be interested in...
Old July 1, 2002, 02:55   #20
faded glory
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
If you believe that this is Noah's Ark, then I've got some land down in Florida you might be interested in...
heh.....florida, ya right. There sinking into the Ocean really fast these days Somthing like in 50 years Downtown Tampa will be under a foot of water. What there gonna do about it, who knows.

I like the "Bridge" one better
Old July 1, 2002, 02:56   #21
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

How does the "bridge" one go? I've never heard it.
Old July 1, 2002, 02:57   #22
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Has anyone read about the other archaeological discoveries on the website yet? Anyone read about the discovery of the Ark of the Covenant yet? Ohhh my God. Three words: Click on them.
Old July 1, 2002, 02:58   #23
faded glory
King

"Hey buddy, if you believe that one. I gotta really big bridge I wanna sell ya!"
Old July 1, 2002, 02:59   #24
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Hmm, you're right. The bridge one has more zing to it. (Especially the "buddy" part.)
Old July 1, 2002, 02:59   #25
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Huh?
Old July 1, 2002, 02:59   #26
faded glory
King

Omg Gay Child Porn!!!!! You perv Cloud! :doitnow:

j/k im reading/redirecting now
Old July 1, 2002, 03:02   #27
Al'Kimiya
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9
Have you even looked at the evidence?
Off course, the ancient Sumerians went to America in some vessels, they had picnic at Easter Island each journey and carved a head of their leader. The Bible (or at least the important beginning) consists of stories inherited from the Sumerians (off course largely distorted).

Source?
Old July 1, 2002, 03:02   #28
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Goodnight folks.
Old July 1, 2002, 03:03   #29
faded glory
King

Sorry, Im as good of a Christian as the next guy. But this is too good to believe.....
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-wpe109.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	18534  
Old July 1, 2002, 03:04   #30
Al'Kimiya
Chieftain

In the Sumerian story, the Ark didn't stop at Ararat.