Old July 1, 2002, 22:50   #121
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 20:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9
Somehow I get the feeling that these websites you are visiting are all lies, as it is human nature to do so. You should quote a reliable source.
Ah yes. It's the everyone-else-is-insane-and-against-me argument. The sources are more reliable than yours, as they cite reknowned geologists. Every claim as to that site being the Ark has been debunked on a scientific basis. There is nothing supporting the claim except the shape of the rocks. Rocks, mind you. Not wood. Rocks. Did he make the Ark out of rocks?

How about finding a non-religious, scientific analysis of the site and the evidence? Wait, I linked to that already. And I even threw in ones of Christian geoligists who debunk it. No one thinks this is real except Wyatt's partners in lies and the readers of the Weekly World News.

Quote:
If you can't keep an open mind on this, then there is no point in me continuing this discussion with you. I will put you on my Ignore List, and continue it without you.
I have a feeling you will end up putting everyone who dares argue with you on your Ignore list because you can't handle it. That's called a "cop out." You're going to find yourself very lonely if that is your tactic. You'll also find that burying your head in the sand isn't a particularly good way to face things.

Your mind is the one obviously not open, as with the plethora of evidence that Wyatt was propogating a lie, deliberate or not, you still keep trying to say there is something here, when there isn't.
Old July 1, 2002, 23:07   #122
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 21:31
So, be it then. . .

<--- Ignore!
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old July 1, 2002, 23:09   #123
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
Look Cloud, the burden of proof is on you.
As far I'm concerned, this investigation is not over.

<--- Ignore!
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old July 1, 2002, 23:12   #124
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Isn't the next Indiana Jones movie about Noah's ark?

They're gonna call it "Raiders of the Lost Ark" just to f*ck with us.
Old July 1, 2002, 23:12   #125
Boris Godunov
Emperor

I'm crushed.

Of course, I can just have others do what I was doing with Asher...feeding my responses through via having someone else quote them.

Any takers to quote this post?
Old July 1, 2002, 23:13   #126
Boris Godunov
Emperor

See what I mean about him ignorning anyone who disagrees with him? Just like an ostrich...
Old July 1, 2002, 23:14   #127
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Post all you want here people, but I swear with my hand on the Bible, your words are not heard.
Old July 1, 2002, 23:17   #128
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Such willful pride of ignorance...wonder what Jesus would think about that?
Old July 1, 2002, 23:53   #129
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 11:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Cloud9, this is a hoax. It's been proven it's a hoax. The guy behind it admitted it was a hoax. Why would you embarrass yourself further by continuing to believe it?
This reminds me of the whole crop circle hoax. Even after those two guys responsible for the circles came out and admitted they did it, even after they demonstrated how it could be done at night by two people with just ropes and planks, there are still those who believe that crop circles are made by aliens.

Old July 1, 2002, 23:54   #130
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Post all you want here people, but I swear with my hand on the Bible, your words are not heard.
That's fine, it just reflects bad on you.
Old July 2, 2002, 00:03   #131
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 13:31
I know its Noah's Ark because when you stand real close to it you can hear the ocean

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old July 2, 2002, 00:08   #132
CygnusZ
Warlord

It doesn't matter how much research you do if you have it in your mind that only one result is correct. This is meant for all parties.

Of course, this is an especially dangerous statement to Cloud 9, whom has a belief structure based on this policy of only believeing there can be one answer.

Third of all, the main problem I have with those sites discrediting Ron Wyatt is that they tend not to cite their sources. It's not my initiative to believe that they're lying, but reasonable doubt can still exist as long as the claims aren't being appropriately cited.

When a harsh standard is applied to proving that the Arc is real I haven't seen proof on this high a level either.

I believe Boris said it himself, and idiot with an internet connection can say whatever he wants.
Old July 2, 2002, 00:32   #133
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Local Time: 22:31
Sorry Cloud, but it's a hoax.
That said, it is still very possible that Noah's Ark may still exist somewhere.
Old July 2, 2002, 00:49   #134
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by CygnusZ
Of course, this is an especially dangerous statement to Cloud 9, whom has a belief structure based on this policy of only believeing there can be one answer.
How can you say that? I changed my mind about things many times in this thread. Just look for yourself.
Old July 2, 2002, 00:50   #135
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider
Sorry Cloud, but it's a hoax.
As I said before, there is more detective work to do.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:03   #136
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
That's fine, it just reflects bad on you.
Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.--Phillipians 4:19

That speaks for itself.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:06   #137
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:

Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.--Phillipians 4:19

That speaks for itself.
Yes it does but what the hell does it have to do with your credulism?

Old July 2, 2002, 01:23   #138
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
Yes it does but what the hell does it have to do with your credulism?
I should not associate in any way with these kind of people. Period.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:29   #139
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Do you know what credulism is?

Old July 2, 2002, 01:32   #140
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
Do you know what credulism is?
I don't see how this relates to credulism. I don't know where your coming from.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:34   #141
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:

That speaks for itself.
Thank you for proving my point. Or rather, proving the point your "opposition" on this thread.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:37   #142
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
As I said before, there is more detective work to do.
Even after the perpetrator came forward and admitted it is a hoax?

*insert incredulous smilie*

Do you, by chance, believe in the so called "bible code?"
Old July 2, 2002, 01:38   #143
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:

I don't see how this relates to credulism. I don't know where your coming from.
No, you wouldn't

Old July 2, 2002, 01:41   #144
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Even after the perpetrator came forward and admitted it is a hoax?
Their never was a hoax. Jammal just said that to throw everybody off.

Quote:
Do you, by chance, believe in the so called "bible code?"
I've heard of that, but haven't really looked into it.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:48   #145
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
I've heard of that, but haven't really looked into it.
Guess that proves I'm not so credulistic after all, as Alexander's Horse thinks.
Old July 2, 2002, 04:50   #146
Tingkai
Prince

Quote:

Guess that proves I'm not so credulistic after all, as Alexander's Horse thinks.
Not at all.
Old July 2, 2002, 05:18   #147
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I wonder if this would have come up if the Turks had actually won the World cup ...
Old July 2, 2002, 09:38   #148
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Their never was a hoax. Jammal just said that to throw everybody off.
Does he just not have any comprehensive abilities?
Old July 2, 2002, 09:59   #149
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:31
If Noah's ark is really true, and humanity is descended once again from 2 people, no wonder there are so many problems in the world. INBREEDING!!!

I'm sorry cloud9, you are wrong. People evolved, and there was no Noah's ark. The story in fact came from a Sumerian myth. You claim to be religious. Why don't you take some classes to learn about where your religion comes from. It would at least give you some credibility.
Old July 2, 2002, 10:57   #150
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

The is the best religious thread in the history of Apolyton.