Old July 2, 2002, 11:14   #151
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010

Cloud9, you had me going for a moment.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old July 2, 2002, 12:04   #152
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 21:31
Just so you all know, I am still investigating, and I am on to something, but haven't got all the information yet. . .
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old July 2, 2002, 12:06   #153
CygnusZ
Warlord

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9

How can you say that? I changed my mind about things many times in this thread. Just look for yourself.
I was referring to your entire belief system. After all, there are certain things you do believe without any proof or good reason.
Old July 2, 2002, 12:37   #154
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by CygnusZ
I was referring to your entire belief system. After all, there are certain things you do believe without any proof. . .
It is all a matter of faith, buddy.

Quote:
. . .or good reason.
That good reason is yet to come.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old July 2, 2002, 12:42   #155
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 20:31
Funny think is that he's doing all this "investigating," but he's put on ignore the people who are going to rebut his evidence and argue with him.

Isn't that just typical of a delusional fundamentalist? Don't let yourself hear anything you don't want to...
Old July 2, 2002, 12:57   #156
CygnusZ
Warlord

How can you claim to hold things to a high standard of investigation on one hand, and on the other hand just dismiss me by saying "I have faith"? Sounds like a double-standard to me.
Old July 2, 2002, 12:58   #157
chequita guevara
Emperor

Boris, don't you get it? This is all one big silly troll.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old July 2, 2002, 13:02   #158
Lincoln
King

Cloud9 is getting the last laugh. Didn't you all see the laughing smile on the board (to the left of the title).

etc...
Old July 2, 2002, 13:17   #159
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Che, that's what he's trying to make it look like now.

He was serious at first until he realized how stupid it was, and now he's trying to pass it off as "Oh, I was joking all along" and some people are buying it.

This isn't the first time he's done something like this.
Old July 2, 2002, 13:18   #160
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln
Cloud9 is getting the last laugh. Didn't you all see the laughing smile on the board (to the left of the title).

etc...
That's not the laughing smilie, that's the "Cool studly" smilie.

It's quite clear from his first post he thought it was true, plus it's very consistent with his ideas posted in other threads.

So we've got two possibilities:
1) He seriously believed this crap for a while until the last couple posts here, where he's trying to play it off.
2) He has way too much free time on his hands and the lack of brain capacity to find something better to do. Because this is very much what he posted in similar religious threads.
Old July 2, 2002, 13:51   #161
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Che, if it weren't for my past dealings with Cloud9 in other threads, I might buy that. But you have to understand him. He really does believe this stuff. And everything in this thread so far from him has been uttered with conviction, no matter how inane and silly.

No, alas, he was serious. If he weren't, he'd have no logical reason to put anyone on ignore, now would he?
Old July 2, 2002, 13:55   #162
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Che, that's what he's trying to make it look like now.
I should have written more specifically. Rather what I meant was this putting people on ignore lists and just pretending he couldn't understand the whole Wyatt lying/Jammal hoax thing.

I do think he believed it at first, but now he's just trolling.
Old July 2, 2002, 21:39   #163
Lung
King

Local Time: 13:31
*Lung jumps on the bandwagon*

Another delusional religious nut, i see

What is it with these guys? Because the answer must be strictly in accordance with the bible, then all "research" must result in a particular answer, irrespective of how much it defies all logic and known fact! It is the most absurdly illogical endeavour ever undertaken by mankind. Scarily, it is also the most common

What gets me is that the people who insist on others "opening their eyes" invariably are the ones who are the most closed-minded Seriously, if everything in the universe must fit inside a strict dogma, can one possibly be any more closed-minded?

Face facts, Cloud9, you were indoctrinated into your faith, and brainwashed in the extreme. Scientists are open-minded by virtue of the fact that they will believe to be true whatever proves to be true. You believe in the bible alone, irrespective of truth. That makes YOU the closed-minded one. And a delusional one at that
Old July 2, 2002, 22:58   #164
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by CygnusZ

I was referring to your entire belief system. After all, there are certain things you do believe without any proof or good reason.
as somes everyone

some assumptions must be made for reality to make sense

some peoples inital assumptions include the existence of a God, as such it is not a ludicrous action to have as an inital set of assumptions a set of beleifs which are internally consistent

now those beliefs which are derived (in this case Cloud9's belief that this is Noah's Ark) can be investigated and even changed without bringing into question the core beliefs

you do this also, you just do not realise it

Jon Miller
Old July 2, 2002, 23:34   #165
CygnusZ
Warlord

No, I pretty much agree that things are fundamentally based on faith. Aren't you assuming that what you see is true? Isn't it possible that you're dreaming or that an evil demon is controlling you? Isn't science based upon the assumption our senses are true, even though they may well be not? So yes, I do believe there is much faith in this world.

I can live with the possibility that nothing I know is true. Surely it isn't asking very much that Cloud9 not abandon his faith, but examine the exact composition of it.

edit: Just for the record, I do not confirm or deny the existance of a God.

Last edited by CygnusZ; July 2, 2002 at 23:49.
Old July 2, 2002, 23:39   #166
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lung
Face facts, Cloud9, you were indoctrinated into your faith, and brainwashed in the extreme. Scientists are open-minded by virtue of the fact that they will believe to be true whatever proves to be true. You believe in the bible alone, irrespective of truth. That makes YOU the closed-minded one. And a delusional one at that
Not so. I have now come up with a new theory, since all others have led to dead ends, that the boat like shape discovered upon the mountains of Ararat is not the Ark itself, but a fossilized imprint of the Ark. I am still doing my research, though, and will have more information on this later.
Old July 3, 2002, 00:25   #167
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

http://www.noahsarksearch.com/ronwyatt.htm

It seems on this site that they have many implications that they are inconclusive about the Ark site, saying that "a complete excavation will need to be made before any doubts can be confirmed."

I still think it's just a fossilized imprint of Noah's Ark, by the way.
Old July 3, 2002, 00:27   #168
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

It's utterly amazing how you can throw logic and reasoning to the wind to try to keep your faith, rather than conceding that it's simply a rock formation or something else, much like it wasn't a face on Mars...

Edit: Fixed some weird word usage since I just got back from the pub
Old July 3, 2002, 00:28   #169
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 11:31
I have now come up with a new theory, since all others have led to dead ends, that the boat like shape discovered upon the mountains of Ararat is not the Ark itself, but the imprint left by a spaceship crewed by little green men from Mars. I am still doing my research, though, and will have more information on this later.
Old July 3, 2002, 01:01   #170
MosesPresley
Prince

Local Time: 22:31
I have this theory about coffee. Every job I have ever had, they have a coffee machine and almost everyone drinks it in the morning and throughout the day. When you show up for work on your first day, they offer you a cup of coffee. So you drink it. The next day you have another. This goes on for awhile, and before you know it, you are only going to work for the coffee. You are now addicted and you can't quit your job even if you want to and ten years of your life have slipped by. Can someone investigate this for me?

Am I in the wrong thread?

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame63.html
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
—Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Last edited by MosesPresley; July 3, 2002 at 02:06.
Old July 3, 2002, 03:39   #171
Sikander
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9
http://www.noahsarksearch.com/ronwyatt.htm

It seems on this site that they have many implications that they are inconclusive about the Ark site, saying that "a complete excavation will need to be made before any doubts can be confirmed."

I still think it's just a fossilized imprint of Noah's Ark, by the way.
If I thought you were remotely serious I would point out that fossilization takes far longer than a few thousand years.
Old July 3, 2002, 05:31   #172
Jack the Bodiless
King

Ah, yes, Ron Wyatt.

I've seen his site before. I remember being amused by the lab results which "proved" that there were "metal oxides" in the rock. Wyatt even posted pictures of the assay slips, revealing large concentrations of silicon and aluminum oxides: apparently unaware that this is what rocks are normally made of!
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
As we mentioned earlier, Ron is a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, one of 23,000 in the U.S. Since 1984, however, he has had little time to practice his profession.
I suspect he tests his anaesthetics on himself. That could explain a lot.

The "second site" claim is a standard creationist ploy to attempt to hang on to another exploded claim. The same thing happened with "Moab Man". Creationists claimed that human bones had been found in an impossibly advanced stage of fossilization, completely transformed into green malachite and buried fifty feet down in solid sandstone. They were actually normal bones (carbon-dated to a few centuries old) stained green by copper salts and buried fifteen feet deep in sand. After these facts became common knowledge, creationists started talking about a second find nearby. These bones allegedly ARE composed of solid malachite, but were recovered and stored by faithful creationists who won't let those nasty heathen scientists examine the holy relics this time.
Old July 3, 2002, 09:36   #173
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sikander
If I thought you were remotely serious I would point out that fossilization takes far longer than a few thousand years.
Details, details!

Don't you know that God could have made it fossilize faster by snaping His fingers?

Old July 3, 2002, 17:36   #174
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Is it any surprise to anyone that the name, Asher, is a biblical name?

And Leah's maid Zilpah bore Jacob a second son. Then Leah said, "I am happy, for the daughters will call me blessed." So she called his name Asher.--Genesis 30:12-13

Well, well, well. . .
Old July 3, 2002, 17:39   #175
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

The Jews named a star after my first real name.

And yeah, I know about the roots of the name. It's what my parents initially wanted to give me as a middle name (they're Protestant -- if that matters), but ended up settling on a different "more common" name that I don't like. And since my first name is so popular here, my closefriends started calling me Asher and it's stuck with a lot of people ever since. And I kinda like it.
Old July 5, 2002, 16:05   #176
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Well, as far as I'm concerned about the discovery of Noah's Ark found by Ron Wyatt is that it probably is Noah's Ark. I take back when I said that it might be an imprint of Noah's Ark, though this is still a possibility. Here is why:

Like I've heard you all say before, and I feel it is true, anyone can put whatever the heck they want on their website, as well as in a book, magazine, video, etc.

Between the opinions of people that say Ron Wyatt's discovery is Noah's Ark and those that deny it contradict each other. The information that I found in both opinions doesn't add up; in that it is entirely different and unique from each other. Therefore, this would come to an inconclusive result. I have found evidence of opinions concerning the other discoveries of Ron Wyatt that also contradict each other.

Now the Bible does say that most people will be decieved by Satan and refuse to acknowledge the truth in the Bible. So in effect most will refuse to acknowledge the discovery of Biblical artifacts or evidence of truth in the Bible. Even those who are Christian may refuse to acknowledge such discoveries so as to protect the element of faith in religion, which is so important.

So my final judgement is that it is inconclusive wether or not Ron Wyatt has discovered Noah's Ark. Only someone who goes to the Noah's Ark site themselves to see what is there and is honest about it can really know the truth about it. But I strongly lean toward the belief that it is Noah's Ark because most people seem to say that it isn't and Satan will decieve most people.

Case closed.
Old July 5, 2002, 16:08   #177
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Good, now that it's settled this thread can be closed.

Do It Ourselves
Old July 5, 2002, 16:09   #178
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Osweld
Good, now that it's settled this thread can be closed.
I agree.

edit: Ming, can you please close this thread? Thank you.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:27   #179
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:31
Cloud9, your lame myth came from a Sumerian story... go to school and stop believing in your bible....
Old July 5, 2002, 21:30   #180
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
Cloud9, your lame myth came from a Sumerian story... go to school and stop believing in your bible....
Don't even go there. Have I ever told you to stop believing in your Bible. No. You make that choice yourself.

Sumerian myth, eh? Not so. Wait for my response.