Old July 11, 2002, 16:02   #31
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by moominparatrooper
Well, that's rather my experience as well. One of the thing SMAC did well was how meek the AIs would become when you stomped them - I really liked to hear'em beg.
To tell you the truth, I can't recall how it behaved in SMAC. I have not played in years. Strange as It was such a great game. I just got burnt out with the unhapiness factor (staple them all). I would come back after 4-6 months and have to figure out what all the tech was and how to best use all over again. I never did play that add on even though I bought it.
I think Moo2 at 1.2 was so over eager to give up stuff, they had to fix it, but just went too far. I would like to have seen them be considered. That means do not declare war and then when no one attacks, you still offer gifts for peace. It does not mean that no matter how much I spank them, they never even seek peace. Some where in between seems fair. One other thing I never liked, was the AI surrenders it empire to another AI. That seems wrong to me, unless they are down to the last colony. I have seen them do it with a number of systems remaining.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote