Old March 13, 2003, 12:30   #301
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2136
Don't you think that calling each turn a year is a bit much? It should really be weeks not years. I guess they just did years to account for the populations of the cities and learning new technology. Still it doesn't make much sense for the logistics of the game on the map.

Tensions are high for the Data Angels. Will the offer to their pactmate to cease and desist work on a previously agreed forbidden project be accepted in exchange for a generous offer? Will he trust me to pay up knowing that I have posted this here if he does accept? Or will this be the end of the dynamic duo? Tune in next turn! Same bat time! Same bat channel!
Data Angel Arcainite
Old March 13, 2003, 13:39   #302
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
True for movement, but then maybe their magtubes and roads are as bad as our trains and roads
oo people starting secret projects! i wanna see , we do get a little popup stating that a faction has started an sp even if we haven't contacted that faction right ??

by the way about secret projects i've read in some other threads that the empath guild is a 'no build' project in MP games, whats the rules concerning it for this pbem??
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; March 13, 2003 at 13:45.
Old March 13, 2003, 15:56   #303
waab
Prince

Local Time: 05:38
No concern for me if you get it you have probely earned it...
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old March 13, 2003, 16:10   #304
waab
Prince

Turn sent, it starting to happening things...

Election for planetary govenuer(sp?) are one the way, sveensgard started it.
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old March 13, 2003, 17:53   #305
Lazerus
King

You sent me your turn waab
elections.. hmm my high pop means i should be one of the candidates, will see soon i guess.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 13, 2003, 19:40   #306
Thrar
Warlord

Local Time: 03:38
Being Peacekeepers with decent pop, i should be a candidate too i think...we will see how it turns out
Old March 14, 2003, 02:25   #307
waab
Prince

Right turn will be sent to night about 8-12 hours from now, I have a lot to do in school.
Old March 14, 2003, 15:13   #308
waab
Prince

Turn sent or will be soon, sorry for the delay
Old March 14, 2003, 16:11   #309
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

Election status so far :

Sven -- Lal
Drones -- Yang
Yang -- Yang
Deidre -- Abstain

Future friendship and other more lucrative incentives will be rewarded to supporters of the Hive if I am voted in.
Old March 14, 2003, 17:49   #310
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent

Elections:

Sven (10) - Lal
Drones (7) - Yang
Yang (15) - Yang
Deidre (3) - abstain
Lal (16) - Lal
remaining:
Cyborgs (5)
Data Angels (3)

gonna be interesting...
Old March 14, 2003, 22:14   #311
Lazerus
King

Not really, its over unless your ally decides to vote for me or deidre actually talks to some1 (shes gonna declare war on me soon, and im gonna kill her)
Old March 15, 2003, 15:59   #312
Phobos
Warlord

turn sent
Old March 16, 2003, 18:29   #313
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2137
Thrar becomes planetary governor. Data Angels become a democracy. Nothing else of real interest.
Data Angel Arcainite
PS - turn sent.
Old March 17, 2003, 06:15   #314
waab
Prince

Turn sent...
Old March 17, 2003, 09:05   #315
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

Let the gaians preach their religion but one way or the other I shall see this compound burned, seared and sterilised until every hiding place is found and until every last mind worm egg, every last slimy one has been cooked to a smoking husk. That species shall be exterminated, I tell you EXTERMINATED!

Damn that fungal tower I'm going to surround and destroy it

Last edited by Lazerus; March 17, 2003 at 09:13.
Old March 17, 2003, 11:07   #316
Phobos
Warlord

lol. Is Deirdre giving you a hard time?
Old March 17, 2003, 13:29   #317
waab
Prince

it's seems that she doesn't like Lazerus planned economic
Old March 17, 2003, 17:34   #318
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent

have fun with deidre :P
Old March 17, 2003, 19:41   #319
Phobos
Warlord

turnt sent

Things are getting VERY interesting
Old March 18, 2003, 03:34   #320
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn sent (2138)
I'm so behind everybody else....once my police units pull their switcheroo from how I have it after the mindworm invasion, I think I should be fine. I may be in last place for awhile though...
Data Angel Arcainite
PS - I have no problems with you building the Empath Guild. Go for it if you wish.
Old March 18, 2003, 03:45   #321
waab
Prince

Damn it this is going fast now

Turn will be played after I get home from the university.
Old March 18, 2003, 07:21   #322
Thrar
Warlord

Two things about the rules:
Is it allowed to load old turns from some years ago again, to see how the situation was back then?

and second, are the settings for this game somewhere in this thread? I couldn't find them, especially I'd be interested to know if spoils of war is on or off.
Old March 18, 2003, 07:53   #323
waab
Prince

I don't now the settings, so I can't say but ask Arcai he shuold know.

About loading old turns, I don't think that is any problem.
Old March 18, 2003, 10:45   #324
Lazerus
King

I think thats banned loading old turns ? allows you to see where pods and other people are which is abit unfair isn't it ?
Old March 18, 2003, 12:16   #325
waab
Prince

Hmm Lazerus is correct turn will be sent in some minuts
Old March 18, 2003, 12:23   #326
waab
Prince

turn sent
Old March 18, 2003, 13:13   #327
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

Nearly got that tower surrounded now, just gotta remember what tech i need for empath ability so i can get a few rovers to hunt worms. 4 or 5 nice rocky squares under that damn tower aswell.
Yeah speed has improved alot
Old March 18, 2003, 13:56   #328
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent

if we can keep up the pace of 1 turn per day, we might finish the game next year

arc, do you know about spoils of war?
Old March 19, 2003, 16:59   #329
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Your questions answered.
Spoils of War is OFF. So is One For All, Look First, Tech Stagnation, Intense Rivalry, No Unity Scattering, Bell Curve, Time Warp, Iron Man, and the random faction personalities/agendas.
Here is what is ON: Higher Goal, Total War, Peace In Our Time, Mine All Mine, Do Or Die, Blind Research, and No Unity Survey.
LARGE;50-70% water; 1 moon (weak erosion);average cloud cover, average native life, TRANSCEND difficulty.
Here are the players also just to cover everything:
Arcainite = Data Angels (Arcainite@aol.com),
A.I. #1 = Nautilus Pirates,
waab = Free Drones (waab_ambar@hotmail.com),
Lazerus = Human Hive (Kris_no1@hotmail.com),
A.I. #2 = Gaia's Stepdaughters,
Thrar = U.N. Peacekeepers (Thrarxx@hotmail.com),
Phobos = Cy. Consciousness (syrad_alien@hotmail.com)

If the order is incorrect, please let me know, but I'm pretty sure this is what it got changed to from the rough draft.
Arcainite
Old March 19, 2003, 22:05   #330
Phobos
Warlord

turn sent