Old July 15, 2002, 15:49   #31
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ok, it's decided then
PBEM and we'll size it down from a HUGE planet to something more manageable, probably LARGE. One AI player if SmartFart's out which I believe he is. It will probably be Gaia's Stepdaughters so we can have an eco-friendly faction in the mix. If you want me to hold passwords since this is a friendly game, send them to my e-mail at Arcainite@aol.com. If you think we need a neutral party to hold the passwords and set the game up, I'm still looking for a volunteer. Any takers? We'll give you a hug!...
Arcainite
Old July 16, 2002, 08:13   #32
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

I don't mind Arcainite holding the passwords. It's just a game for fun.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old July 16, 2002, 09:16   #33
waab
Prince

Local Time: 05:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No problem for me that Arcainite is fixing the passwords...
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 16, 2002, 20:28   #34
Phobos
Warlord

Local Time: 04:37
Im also ok with that
Old July 18, 2002, 01:55   #35
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Send in your passwords
to Arcainite@aol.com and we'll get the game started finally.
Arcainite
Old July 18, 2002, 08:42   #36
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

k sent mine in, i bet i start next to deirdre nd she declares war on me for running planned or my first base gets overrun by worms i hate luck
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; July 18, 2002 at 08:51.
Old July 21, 2002, 08:56   #37
waab
Prince

I have sent mine...
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 21, 2002, 19:05   #38
Sprayber
Emperor

Mine has been sent
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old July 22, 2002, 21:41   #39
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Lonestar_jpm?
Ok, if I don't hear from you in 48 hours we're starting the game without you and you will be replaced by AI. Thank you for sending me your desired passwords waab, Lazerus, Phobos, and Sprayber. Hopefully we can start this game by Wednesday if not sooner.
Arcainite

Last edited by Arcainite; July 23, 2002 at 00:12.
Old July 23, 2002, 15:59   #40
waab
Prince

Great let us now pray for a good game...
Old July 25, 2002, 01:19   #41
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

The game has begun
I just hope I did everything correctly. The game order is as follows: Arcainite, waab, AI #1, Lazerus, Sprayber, AI #2, Phobos. Good luck everybody, and remember to have fun.
Arcainite (Data Angels)
PS - this is my first time playing as them.
Old July 25, 2002, 15:38   #42
Lazerus
King

do we need a turn tracking thread or r we just gonna use this ?

btw since i havent messed around and tried all the multiplayer options yet im guessing PBEM goes something like this:
get saved game in email , put it into save file , load game , goto multiplayer and load file , take turn , save and send off to next player. That about right ??

So its waabs turn right now ?
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old July 25, 2002, 16:14   #43
waab
Prince

Yeap it's my turn or was and you have totaly right about PDEM, it works exactly as you say...

turn 2001 Hive is sent to Lazerus
Old July 26, 2002, 09:05   #44
Lazerus
King

turn 2101 sent to sprayber , cant wait till the turns take longer then all the saving nd loading heh :P
Old July 26, 2002, 17:06   #45
Sprayber
Emperor

One quick question. I'm assuming we save it as the same name we got it as.
Old July 26, 2002, 17:37   #46
Lazerus
King

well i got sent it as AAhive2101 so i just saved it as AApeacekeeper2101 so i was sure i was sendin the right turn to the right person
Old July 26, 2002, 17:53   #47
Sprayber
Emperor

Thats cool. I just wanted to be on the same page.

Turn 2101 sent to Phobos
Old July 26, 2002, 18:48   #48
Phobos
Warlord

Hmm Sprayber. I think you sent me the wrong turn. I got the the PK turn. Im playing as the Cyborgs.
Old July 26, 2002, 21:39   #49
Sprayber
Emperor

Sorry Phobos. I didn't save and exit properly. i went back exited properly. Sorry for the foul up guys.
Old July 27, 2002, 03:12   #50
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Just hope you got it worked out?
I'm still waiting to start turn 2, so apparently Phobos still hasn't gone yet? Or else he just hasn't sent out the turn to me yet. So shall we stick with this thread for our turns then? Or start a new thread now that we HOPEFULLY know what we're doing?
Arcainite
Old July 27, 2002, 07:29   #51
Phobos
Warlord

Hmm Sprayber. This is wierd man. I got your new turn that said Cyborgs and everything but when i load it in the game I get the PK turn again
Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?
Old July 27, 2002, 08:06   #52
Sprayber
Emperor

i moved my units, saved and exited and then sent the saved file to you.
Old July 27, 2002, 08:27   #53
Sprayber
Emperor

OK the problem was when I save a scenero ,and it appears multiplayer, it doesn't save it to the save files but it appears outside where the general files are. Dont ask me why, cause i dont know. Any way that should be the correct file.
Old July 27, 2002, 08:56   #54
Phobos
Warlord

It worked now. Thanks

2102 to Arcainite

Good Luck guys!
Old July 27, 2002, 10:24   #55
Lazerus
King

yeah that happened with me aswell i paniced for bout 5-10mins looking in my save file for it then did a search on my whole comp to find out it just puts it in the alpha cent. folder
Old July 27, 2002, 12:01   #56
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2 well underway
It was the year 2102 and the Data Angels were fortunate not to have encountered any hostile aliens yet. Go Data Angels! Go Data Angels! It's your birthday! It's your birthday! Watch, now I just probably jinxed myself for the next turn. Hope not! Anyway, it did say that Brother Lal of the Peacekeepers may have taken an extra turn, but I am going to assume that's just because of the aforementioned difficulties so I'm not worried about it. Have fun folks! Let's see how fast the Free Drones can move..
Arcainite

Last edited by Arcainite; July 29, 2002 at 21:23.
Old July 27, 2002, 14:12   #57
waab
Prince

Okay I guess it is time to give some instructions. To get a save file that is something worthy for the next player you have to correctly end you turn.

You shall get up a new box with the next player in turn. And there you shall press save and exit.

Arcanti resend the turn please I can't play it...
Old July 28, 2002, 02:17   #58
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

I tried sending from the non-save folder sav file
See if that works? I guess that was the same problem as before with the others?
Arcainite
Old July 28, 2002, 06:10   #59
waab
Prince

And please everybody, use winzip...I am sitting on a bad conection...
Old July 28, 2002, 06:25   #60
waab
Prince

Turn 2002 sent to Lazerus