View Poll Results: Think Carefully Before Voting...
S1: I Accept the Minister of Economy Ammendment AS IS 32 26.02%
S1: I Reject the Minister of Economy Ammendment as it is now 11 8.94%
S2: I Accept The Ambassador Ammendment AS IS 22 17.89%
S2: Nope, The Ambassador Idea Needs More Work (explain below) 9 7.32%
S2: Nope, Forget About the Ambassador Idea, it Sucks! 13 10.57%
S3: I Accept Declaration of War Ammendment, 51% is Enough to Declare War 13 10.57%
S3: I Accept Declaration of War Ammendment, 67% is Required to Declare War 18 14.63%
S3: I Do Not Accept the War Ammendment 5 4.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 4, 2002, 07:59   #31
Timeline
King

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Agh, just saw an interesting statement by Trip from many days ago.
Quote:
I'll change the Constitution tomorrow once I get back to Colorado.
It looks like he is planning on changing it, and would therefore quilify this poll as a revote, which makes it invalid.... LOL.

Maybe I am fighting a losing battle here (those are the kinds I usually fight *sigh*) but I still believe we should add what is stated in the first post of this thread to the constitution, and not just throw a bunch of

-The Minister of Econ may do this
-The Minister of Econ may not do that

Into our great constitution. The Ammendment proposed in this thread is simply putting into practice what you proposed Spiff. Just converting it into a more Constitution-like form, and will give our great Code of Laws cohesion.
Old July 4, 2002, 08:25   #32
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hmm. So many voting for "yes" to all options, yet no-one is owning up by telling us WHY they are saying yes, especially since even Timeline seems to be having second thoughts regarding (at least) the Ambassadors issue.

C'mon people! Us naysayers are hogging the floor here! Let's see some posted support for the Amendments if you vote yes for them.

And does anyone really want to forfeit the right for any citizen to propose War? Do you really want a Presidential veto, even where there may be an otherwise unanimous feeling in the other direction?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 4, 2002, 08:43   #33
Timeline
King

Well, the war section has been considered "corrupted" so the results cannot be considered "official". Unfortunately I really messed this poll up, but section 1, the main reason for starting the thread and biggest issue here, is still to be considered valid.

What are your thoughts on section 1 wia? (see my last 2 posts)
Old July 4, 2002, 09:00   #34
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:38
Well, after having read (most of) the Constitution , I feel qualified to say that option 1 is fine with me, and I certainly haven't seen any opposition from anyone else to that part.

Hopefully this means your poll wan't completely in vain.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 4, 2002, 10:12   #35
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:38
Timeline :
You are right, my amendment proposal wasn't in constitutional form. Hence, your proposal would fit better in the constitution. I think the Minister of Economy would have to remind his competences (and the 84% approval of them) in his specific thread / site, leaving the constitution details-free.
Old July 4, 2002, 19:16   #36
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 23:38
On the important issue of amendments... you could have start a discussion first (one of them there might have been, I forget though), and you could have made a seperate poll for each... The way the poll is set up makes things terribly confusing, and I even know what's going on (for the most part ). From what I can discern, most people feel that 'commanders' 'aides' 'ambassadors'... whatever you call them are a good idea, but shouldn't be required.
Old July 4, 2002, 22:08   #37
Timeline
King

Well taken Trip.

I do suggest that the MoE be placed into the constitution, as people have voted for it once, and over 2/3 seem to accept what I proposed, so let's not delay.

I will repost/rephrase a new official poll on the "aid/assistant" topic, as I feel there has been quite enough of the discussion here about it.
Old July 4, 2002, 22:40   #38
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 23:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Well taken Trip.

I do suggest that the MoE be placed into the constitution, as people have voted for it once, and over 2/3 seem to accept what I proposed, so let's not delay.

I will repost/rephrase a new official poll on the "aid/assistant" topic, as I feel there has been quite enough of the discussion here about it.
Start up a discussion on each (if there isn't already one) always, it's just easier that way. If more people say 'no it shouldn't be required' then there's no real reason to make an amendment of it. As I've stated in other threads, if ministers want the convenience of an aide, then they can appoint one themselves.
Old July 5, 2002, 00:27   #39
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:38
I'm sorry Timeline, but any poll where there are multiple choices for one side or the other is biased. Even if bias is not the intent. It skews results because it will lead to more votes falling for the weighted answer due to there being more reasons given for that answer and more things listed that any given voter may agree with towards that answer. Does that make sense?

Also. I believe the polling standards thread prescribed a prepoll discussion thread for any valid poll on such questions of such import to our constitution. These stealth polls really are a bit... opportunistic (or it may appear so). Uber and Trip are following this custom. Why aren't you?
Old July 6, 2002, 09:12   #40
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Good Points....

What do you think about my previous statement?:

I think any Minister or Executive Officer should be able to enlist as many Deputies, Ambassadors, Generals, Secretaries etc, etc, as he/she wants. And each Minister is allowed to construct their office how they see fit.

The only problem I see with this: If Ministers are allowed to appoint anyone into their office, it could give rise to the ugly head of party politics, I fear. This is more how it works in contemporary US Democracy.
hi ,

, there should be a kind of limit on it , and some form of control , ...

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 09:14   #41
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
I'm sorry Timeline, but any poll where there are multiple choices for one side or the other is biased. Even if bias is not the intent. It skews results because it will lead to more votes falling for the weighted answer due to there being more reasons given for that answer and more things listed that any given voter may agree with towards that answer. Does that make sense?

Also. I believe the polling standards thread prescribed a prepoll discussion thread for any valid poll on such questions of such import to our constitution. These stealth polls really are a bit... opportunistic (or it may appear so). Uber and Trip are following this custom. Why aren't you?
hi ,

, more Q's in a poll , and the way the Q's are asked , .....
there should be some people who could only work on poll's , a poll is asked by some-one in the government , and a small panel looks at how the Q's could be , ....

maybe we should also control or stop "unofficial" poll's , ...

have a nice day