Old July 4, 2002, 06:03   #31
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You butt wipes don't know the difference between making an argument and making miles on misery?

Pity you.
Old July 4, 2002, 06:07   #32
Deathwalker
Prince

Local Time: 03:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What the hell does god have to do with a plane crash. Who could of saved those children is dumb **** who turned off the collision warning system and only had one man at his desk
Old July 4, 2002, 06:10   #33
Sixchan
Settler

Location: Sole member of the Apolyton 'let's all get along' club
I'm Agnostic, but I lean on the Atheist side, not once since changing have I looked to god. From the split with a girlfriend of 3 years, to the death of my Grandfather, I believe I need to learn to cope with the pain on my own, and I don't believe that a god, if he exists, would help me. God didn't help those kids, though if he exists, we wouldn't understand and it may work out in the grand scheme of things, after all, who's to say whether the descendant of one of those kids would become Hitler II? If he had his reasons and didnt help those kids, then I doubt he would help me.
Old July 4, 2002, 06:15   #34
Sikander
King

Local Time: 20:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
God delegated the job to Swiss Air Traffic Control.
Those SWiss Air Traffic teams are deadly!
Old July 4, 2002, 07:21   #35
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 13:41
With an infinite universe out there to tend to, if there is a 'god' (which I believe there is, since I haven't found any significant concrete evidence to prove otherwise), surely he has too much on his plate to be tending to every last detail of our existance.

For all we know, God may have abandoned us as a 'failed creation'.

Anyway, God probably wants us to live our own lives, by our own terms without bothering him all the time.
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old July 4, 2002, 07:26   #36
Rogan Josh
Prince

Local Time: 04:41
I never ceases to amazing me just how f*cking stupid some people on this forum can be.

The real question is not 'Why didn't God save these children?' but is instead 'Why was Mobius not stillborn?'.
Old July 4, 2002, 07:27   #37
Sikander
King

Local Time: 20:41
Quote:
Originally posted by Rogan Josh
I never ceases to amazing me just how f*cking stupid some people on this forum can be.

The real question is not 'Why didn't God save these children?' but is instead 'Why was Mobius not stillborn?'.
He wasn't?
Old July 4, 2002, 07:32   #38
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 05:41
Re: God could've saved those kids!
Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS
Re: God could've saved those kids!
No, I couldn´t - I was busy
Old July 4, 2002, 08:10   #39
Zealot
King

What a bunch of 'sycos
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old July 4, 2002, 08:19   #40
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

Quote:
If I lived by christian moral standards I'd have to celebrate the death of these children
If everybody would live according to the christian morals (that would include the christians themselves), this world would be a better place.
Old July 4, 2002, 09:29   #41
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

ditto islam, buddhism, scientology etc...
Old July 4, 2002, 09:34   #42
LaRusso
King

ditto communism
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old July 4, 2002, 09:35   #43
Robert Plomp
admin
Administrator

I doubt that about islam and buddhism.
I'm not very much into scientology,
but humanism would for sure result in a better world.

But again, we christians don't say things about humanists like humanists like to say about christians.

About the topic: Yes, God could have saved those kids. In fact pherhaps God did indeed save those kids.
Why do you think this world will be better than living for eternity in the presence of God ?

In one of the other threads one of you atheists / agnosts claim that abortion saves little children for the cruel lives they could have if they would've been born.

And now suddenly you claim that life is that valuable ?

You guys use double standards.
Old July 4, 2002, 09:45   #44
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:41
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberShy

If everybody would live according to the christian morals (that would include the christians themselves), this world would be a better place.
Everyone did live like that once... they called it the Dark Ages and people were burnt at the stake... no thanks...
Old July 4, 2002, 09:57   #45
Robert Plomp
admin
Administrator

No, in the dark ages people weren't living to the christian standards.

Oh, and about people being burned at stakes,
the 20th age, the humanist atheistic age, is the age that killed most people in cruel ways.
Old July 4, 2002, 09:59   #46
LaRusso
King

i reckon he wanted to say something different. no one lives by those morals, they all get distroted in the process. people just cannot seem to stand any differences. especially minor ones.
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old July 4, 2002, 09:59   #47
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

You better stop this trolling CyberShy... it's getting hard to take you seriously if you believe that.
Old July 4, 2002, 10:22   #48
Robert Plomp
admin
Administrator

don't be stupid Sava.
It's been the atheists who have killed millions of live, Stalin, Mao, Hitler..........
Old July 4, 2002, 10:26   #49
Rogan Josh
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava

You better stop this trolling CyberShy... it's getting hard to take you seriously if you believe that.
Which bit of Cybershy's post did you not believe?

The bit about people in the Dark Ages not living up to Christian morality? They certainly did not, so I can't see how you could possibly disgree with this. (You do know that that crappy movie 'First Knight' wasn't a true story don't you?)

Or perhaps about the 20th Centuary killing more people in cruel and imaginitive ways than any other time? Which centuary can complete with the 20th in your opinion. Granted, some pretty grisly event have happened in the past centuaries (like the massacres of the indigenous Americans), but 20thC takes the cake. Are you forgetting about the 2 world wars, the holocaust, the nuclear bombing of Japan, the numerous massacres of millions of people in Asia (Cambodia, China etc), the massacres in the USSR under Stalin. The list goes on and on....

I think that Sava deserves the prize for the second most stupid poster for this week. Mobius still wins the first, but maybe if Sava tries a little harder...
Old July 4, 2002, 10:36   #50
Jack the Bodiless
King

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberShy
don't be stupid Sava.
It's been the atheists who have killed millions of live, Stalin, Mao, Hitler..........
And just how many times will Christians drag out the old lie that Hitler was an atheist?

Stalin: yes.
Mao: yes.
Hitler: no.

Hence, strike the Holocaust off that list.
Old July 4, 2002, 10:43   #51
LaRusso
King

stalin was also a believer
Old July 4, 2002, 10:48   #52
Robert Plomp
admin
Administrator

hitler was not a christian.
And his reign wasn't christian in any way.

I'm not going to blame atheists for hitler,
but I'm just making clear that not the wannabe christians were the mega killers of this earth.
Old July 4, 2002, 10:53   #53
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Bodiless
And just how many times will Christians drag out the old lie that Hitler was an atheist?
As many times as atheists drag out the lie that He was Christian.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old July 4, 2002, 11:15   #54
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lung

How defeatist! You'll never become a religious nutcase with that attitude, dude!
I know, i used to be a nutcase but i've adopted this philosiphy because being a nutcase isn't as much fun as it seems and if you think rationally this only makes sense and anyone who claims to be telling you to do what god wants is only playing god himself.
Old July 4, 2002, 12:32   #55
Sixchan
Settler

Location: Sole member of the Apolyton 'let's all get along' club
Regarding Hitler, I don't really think he was either. He was very involved in Christian theology, twisting it to his own ends. And what atheist would expend state money on finding the holy grail in the hopes of gaining great power? Also, a christian wouldn't let himself be seen as a god, and neither would an atheist.

P.S. Someone mentioned nuclear weapons. Wasn't Truman Christian?
Old July 13, 2002, 10:06   #56
MOBIUS
Emperor

As usual the intellectually challenged on this forum have to resort to slanderous insults to hide the fact that they have no serious or credible arguments to back up their beliefs...

The circumstantial evidence that God does not exist (or at least does not exist in the form some of us currently believe in... ) is overwhelming...!!!

We can talk about such things as believing the World to be flat; that the World is the centre of the Universe; Creationism; that there is only one God and that the rest are therefore false etc...

That last one is a real doozy!

I mean Christians only disbelieve in one less God than Athiests - what is that nonsense!!?

Why are there so many religions anyway - whose is the right religion anyway? Imagine leading all your life as an uptight Catholic only to find out when you die that the Hindus had it right all along - answer me that!?

The fact that there are multiple religions worshipping multiple Gods itself ruins the credibility of the whole idea of religion in the 1st place!

As for the idea of Cybershy's that maybe God saved those kids after all by sending them to Heaven... That's a crock too. I mean, Hitler or Pol Pot or Margaret Thatcher probably hadn't committed any evil crimes by the age that the children were on that plane. Cybershy would probably argue that God saved the future from these people if he let them die on that plane. But that would mean that everything on this World is preordained. If that is the case, we are not responsible for our actions as, by definition, they are out of our hands!

See, it's all f*cked up - the only reason religion holds any belief whatsoever is because science hasn't been able to actually disprove the existence of God (even though none of his flock has actually proved he existed either ), even though it has disproved the other things I've mentioned above...

Funny thing is, I'm not even an Atheist - I just cannot believe humankind's multiple constructs of multiple Gods. I mean which God do you believe in, why do you pick Christianity over Hinduism...

Cybershy, if you were born in India you would probably be a Hindu because that's the dominant religion there - you're only a Christian by the accident of birth (unless you care to bring up predestination which would be a bad move on your part...) and the fact that their 'marketing department' got to you first because of 'greater market penetration'...
Old July 16, 2002, 14:00   #57
Q Classic
Emperor

but Mobius, don't you see? the Hindus can't be right, because jesus wasn't the founder of their religion!

besides. gott could have done many things. sometimes it seems that he doesn't. tough cookies. move along now.

Quote:
A man said to the Universe,
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," the Universe replied,
"That has not created in me a sense of obligation."
forget who wrote that, i think it was stephen crane... but just replace Universe for God(s), and you might get something that looks more like the world we have now.

i mean, if gott is omnipotent, why would he bother with limited creatures like us ? surely he's got better things to do.
Old July 16, 2002, 15:10   #58
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MOBIUS

As for the idea of Cybershy's that maybe God saved those kids after all by sending them to Heaven... That's a crock too. I mean, Hitler or Pol Pot or Margaret Thatcher probably hadn't committed any evil crimes by the age that the children were on that plane.
ROTFL

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old July 17, 2002, 01:10   #59
MOBIUS
Emperor

Looks like the God Squad has elected to take the 5th...
Old July 17, 2002, 01:14   #60
Dan Severn
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:41
God wants to know why this thread has not been locked.

Scratch that, he's omnipotent. He finds the explanation amusing, but is mildly put off by trolls.

He pulls out a lightning bolt...
¡Mueran todos los Reyes!