Old July 5, 2002, 02:49   #1
Darkworld Ark
Warlord

Local Time: 03:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
TerraNova ~ The Roman Invasion of Zululand
This is my first story, so go easy on me.

This story isn't nessicarily based of one game, it's just something I made up with my knowlage of Civ3.

First, some backround on the world of TerraNova;
~ Rome, the major civilization in The West. While not technologicly advanced, they've got the largest military in The West, & are unchalanged by any of the other Western Civs. Rome has for a long time been hostile towards the Zululand raiders & the 'do nothing' government of Zululand, & is currenty considering stopping the raids once & for all.
~ Greece is the most advanced Western civilization. It stays to itself on it's home island & is known to be xenophobic.
~ Egypt is a matriarchy. It prefurs peace, but is no well liked by it's neighbors because of it's 'unorthadox' government
~ Persia, in between it's allies Babylon & Zululand, has very little need for a military. What it lacks in military, it makes up for in gold. It is by far the richest civilization in The West, & quite possibly, the world.
~ Babylon is the one of the sronger powers in The West, only beaten by the Romans. They have an age old vandetta against the Egyptian, & will stop at nothing to destroy them.
~ Zululand is known as the scumpit of The West. With very little central government, it is a home for criminals & other 'unwanteds'. Zululand is also infamous for it's tendicy to raid other civilizations.
~ Germany, while with only having two small islands in The West, is one of the greatest military powers in The East. the Germans are highly advanced technologicly, think of the Westerners as backwords. They feel it's their responsiblilty to protect The West from outside interfearence until The West is culuraly fit to handle more advanced weapons.
~ France, a long time enemy of Germany, has been in many territory wars with Germany. While they have no presence in The West, they have been rumored to be smuggling guns into Zululand, Babylon, & Persia to destroy the German peacekeepers in The West & conquer the 'backwords barbarians'.

Now, the Story;
The Senate is busling with noise, all the Senators are talking to one another & finding their seats. Once they are all seated, Presiedent Ceaser gets up out of his chair & walks to the poddiom. "Hello Senators. I have called this emergancy meeting of the Senate because of some late breaking news. An organized group of Zulu Iron Impi broke through the Fronteir Wall & burnt Verona to the ground!" The Senate broke out with noise as they spoke about this development. "ORDER! The local Mounted Legion has succesfully killed these murderers, but we can not stand by while their murderous brothren plot more such attacks. That is why I propose that we attack now & end these raids once & for all!" Most of the Senators yelled out in approvel. Then one of the Senators, by the name of Rutilius Livius stood up. "But Ceaser, what about Zulu's allies, Babylon & Persia?" "Do not worry about them, Babylon is too weak to fight on both the Egyptian front & the Zulu front & by the time the Persian is able to create an army we'll already have taken over Zululand." "Okay then, I stand down" Rutilius Livius sat back down in his chair. "It's unanimous then! We shall mobolize the Legions for war!"

The Roman Mounted Legion had marched south to what once was Verona, a bustling border town, but was now only ruble & ashes. The place had the feeling of death looming it, & the soldiers wanted nothing more than to leave this god forseken place & use another road, but the only road to Zululand lied through here, so they had to go on. After about a two hours march, they had reached the ruins of the Fronteir Wall. It seemed that the Zulus had used explosives to destroy a section of the wall, but the hole was too big for conventional black powder explosives, so this was definitly not Babylonian explosives 'smuggled' into Zululand. The soldiers didn't have enough time to think about it though, since once most of the forces had passed the gate, a large force of Iron Impi sprang out of the nearby forest & charged at the legion. The leader of the Legion, Mark Anthony, yelled out "Steady men! Defensive possitions!" The Mounted Legions jumped of their horses & got into a wall formation. "Forward march!" The Legions slowly moved forward, killing any Impi that got close enough. It only took 20 minutes to dispatch of these brigands, since they were poorly equipped & poorly trained, but it boosted the moral considerably. Mark Anthony shouted to his men. "Although small, this battle shall go down in history as the first victory of Glorious Rome over the murderous Zulu!" After a short break, the Legions mounted their horses & headed south, to the Zulu Capital of Zimbabwe.

And here's a rough map of The Western Continent I made in MS Paint because, as I said, this isn't based of a game & the scenario editor's not done yet.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	the west.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	18803  

Last edited by Darkworld Ark; July 6, 2002 at 03:34.
Old July 6, 2002, 03:35   #2
Darkworld Ark
Warlord

Local Time: 03:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm open to suggestion...
Old July 6, 2002, 09:16   #3
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 23:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Nice but needs some meat on describing characters.