Old July 5, 2002, 03:16   #1
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
june patch
i remember there was some talk about june patch...its still not out...
were there any clues as to when the next patch will be out?
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old July 5, 2002, 03:34   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
They meant June by the... errrm, uhhhh, well... some other calendar or other.

Seriously. It'll be done when it's done. Just be glad it's being tested. Last I heard, Mike broke something. That was last week. Gotta fix it and make sure it is fixed.
Old July 5, 2002, 04:37   #3
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 05:49
broke...what?
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old July 5, 2002, 04:46   #4
Deathwalker
Prince

Local Time: 03:49
I think we missed June
Old July 5, 2002, 05:10   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
broke...what?
Dunno. They don't publish the dirty details. That's just what was said when he and Dan dropped by for a chat last week.
Old July 5, 2002, 13:49   #6
Marquis de Sodaq
King

I'll take a working version over a deadline. This has been the most extensive and long lasting beta test known to man.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old July 5, 2002, 16:56   #7
frostycreep
Chieftain

Does anyone have any clues to what is being included in the next patch?
Old July 5, 2002, 17:13   #8
zulu9812
King

mini-map
effect of commercial trait doubled
removal of all (?) hard-coding
the abilty to set which terrain can be settled, inc. the sea (!)

and other stuff I can't remember right now
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old July 5, 2002, 17:20   #9
frostycreep
Chieftain

I hope they do double the effect of comercial as i always play the english and as far as im concerned expansionistic and comercial are the two worst traits. Babylon actually suit my style of play but when i played with them I couldnt bring myself to destroy my homeland England, which is sad really considering its only a game!
Old July 5, 2002, 17:55   #10
Carver
Prince

There will also apparently be some sort of unit naming with the next patch.

Quote:
Originally posted by frostycreep
as far as im concerned expansionistic and comercial are the two worst traits.
I think a good way to improve expansionist would be to let them build an advanced settler later in the game. The unit could have 2 moves and found cities with some basic improvements (aquaduct, temple). Such a unit could be good for mid/late game scavenging for land after warfare and razing.
Old July 8, 2002, 15:01   #11
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
I think a good way to improve expansionist would be to let them build an advanced settler later in the game
I actually already did something like that. I changed normal settlers to require 3 food for everyone (to slow the early land grab, that works well btw). Then added a new "pioneer" unit for expansionist civs that only requires 2 food and has 2 movement and becomes available in the 2nd age (feudalism I think). Both seem to work fairly well. The only problem Ive encountered is rarely an ai will get a bad starting location and never be able to expand because they can't get to size 4, but in about half a dozen games with 16 civs in them, its only happened twice.
Old July 8, 2002, 15:19   #12
Venger
King

Quote:
Originally posted by wervdon

I actually already did something like that. I changed normal settlers to require 3 food for everyone (to slow the early land grab, that works well btw). Then added a new "pioneer" unit for expansionist civs that only requires 2 food and has 2 movement and becomes available in the 2nd age (feudalism I think). Both seem to work fairly well. The only problem Ive encountered is rarely an ai will get a bad starting location and never be able to expand because they can't get to size 4, but in about half a dozen games with 16 civs in them, its only happened twice.
This is an outstanding modification. I've been toying with increasing the shield cost or population costs of settlers to stop the absolutely out of control land whoring (I use that word alot) by the AI (and possibly the human player). That it works well is good.

Venger
Old July 8, 2002, 17:23   #13
daveroswell
Settler

I'd make more comments about the name "june patch" except for one thing: I'm using windows 98...