Old July 22, 2002, 09:50   #61
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 22:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Oh. Btw. I'll make a request. Promise me that in some phase, we will have an epic space battle. Like in the scale of entire fleets of two opponents clashing. For now, IMO the best candidates for such an encounter would be the EC and TA... I wonder what happened to Mellian?
I dont mind about the space battle. What do you have in mind
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2002, 21:20   #62
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm not too sure yet. Just a thought, like a saying, "every good space opera needs an epic battle" - sorta thing. Several different forces'd be interesting. And it would last long like any self-respecting battle. I'll think more of it.

Re: Mellian - oh. Interesting. That surely does not mean she's addicted to Civ3? Good gracious!
Old July 23, 2002, 01:12   #63
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
If you want the Drones to get medieval on someone, I've got a nice picture in my head of what it looks like when you activate Firebrand Omega.
Old July 23, 2002, 15:49   #64
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Read this (from Elfwood's Wyvern's Library):

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/libr/w...girty.htm.html

Me likes.
Old July 24, 2002, 02:36   #65
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 17:49
*rubs hands together 'Mr. Burn's style'*

Ex-cellent.

A grand space battle would kick start BAC quite nicely. Of course with anything involved with words such as "epic" and "grand", you know the GHE will have its hands in it somewhere.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind having a space battle someday soon. I could work it in with my plot quite nicely...

Quote:
Be careful Franky, the Spartans wouldn't mind removing one more gangrene. Especially when the dogs of war are released by a war starved society.
Hmmm, the war-mongering Spartan Federation wants to let loose the dogs of war, ey?

***Transmission Broadcast from Hive Territory***

[Emperor Yang] "It holds true, my dear citizens, that the despicable Colonel Marcus Kessel of the Spartans would like nothing more than to see all of our glorious society wiped clean from the galaxy. I promise you this, my children. The sadistic, bloodthirsty Spartan menace will never see this come to light. I will not let this come to pass! POWER TO THE GREATER HIVE EMPIRE!!!"

Just my little 'Hive-propaganda' again...

On a side note, just watched "Starship Troopers" again on FX. Started thinking how that Earth society sorta reminded me of the Spartans....only less brutal.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2002, 02:51   #66
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Don't you mean more brutal?

A war would not only give us a chance to write about massive explosions and cosmic fireballs, but also to ponder some of the questions behind war. It would be ironic to see the Hive against the Drones, societies which were born under the banner of collective good but which (courtesy of me and Franky) took different paths.

I know I was arguing against war a few months (that feel like a few years) ago, but when you've reached a dead end there's often nothing to do but blast the walls down.
Old July 24, 2002, 02:53   #67
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Me likes.
I liked it too. Even though the ending is rather inane ("Wow, the universe just got a whole lot bigger for me, folks," is exactly how I talk ).
Old July 25, 2002, 06:06   #68
Sprayber
Emperor

General: I apologize for the delay in responding. I'll get it incorporated in my post early tomorrow morning.

Before we go and have a big war, we need to end the first one.

Are there any suggestions as to the fate of the TA. Mellian isn't here to write for them. and Apparently CyberGod is MIA as well.

Do they go into limbo or are the absorbed? Give me your comments and thoughts. Kass what do you think.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old July 25, 2002, 06:36   #69
Mr. President
Emperor

Limbo. Either that or we go on a hunt looking to hire from outside the company.
Old July 25, 2002, 06:55   #70
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 17:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
A war would not only give us a chance to write about massive explosions and cosmic fireballs, but also to ponder some of the questions behind war. It would be ironic to see the Hive against the Drones, societies which were born under the banner of collective good but which (courtesy of me and Franky) took different paths.
Yes, I believe with this war, we would let readers not only see the carnage from different viewpoints, but we can also explore the different motivations behind our factions/ideologies/relationship w/other factions/etc.

I forgot how similar the Drones and Hive were! Both striving for the good of society and its people, but our two governments taking polar opposites in the form of government....a republic-democracy and a monarchy-totalitarian regime. Should prove interesting in battle how our two ideologies clash w/each other. I think the Drones ideology and the Spartan's-Hive's rivalry will play out very interesting!

Speaking of the Spartans...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
General: I apologize for the delay in responding. I'll get it incorporated in my post early tomorrow morning.

Before we go and have a big war, we need to end the first one.

Are there any suggestions as to the fate of the TA. Mellian isn't here to write for them. and Apparently CyberGod is MIA as well.

Do they go into limbo or are the absorbed? Give me your comments and thoughts. Kass what do you think.
Hmmm, well....the majority of BAC authors (before we all went our separate ways for the 'summer') agreed that we should have a time jump forward. Now that Menelaus has given transmissions to both the Spartan Fed's and the Drone Rep., I think that if we are to warp, it should only be a couple of months. I still am working on building relations between the UCS and the GHE and right now I have them taking place a few months since their arrival on Hive world: Drone Mound.

[Yang's political jab at Kristy Adams and her "Free" Drone Republic ]

But with the Earth Coalition shaking things up in the Sol System, I think Kass has the best idea on what should happen with the 'Earthers'. But I'll remind everyone that the Hive has a so-called secret diplomatic ship in the Sol System.

My thoughts, just in case I can't get in contact w/you guys beforehand------

It seems to me that if we are to have a galactic confrontation, from the Hive's P.O.V. it seems that the Laekdaemon Cadre's system will be the flash point to start the war.

Yang's involvement w/the Cadre is suspected/known by the Spartan's and Drones. Menelaus has asked for help from both these govt's. Kessel has already warned Yang to stay out of Cadre affairs and Yang has rebuffed Marcus in turn. Adams and Sheng-ji haven't had commlinks opened yet, but if you guys think she should talk to Yang, I'm up for it. The internal political strife of the Laekdaemon Cadre seems like our best bet for the reason to begin a galactic war....but if you guys think we should shift it to another reason, I'll go along w/it.

So far, Lonestar and History Guy are both on hiatus (military basic training and vacations IIRC). So we may want to limit the engagement to a few sectors or within existing authors territories for now until they show up.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2002, 19:47   #71
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I could come up with a plan/plotline of what to do with the TA. I was expecting this to happen...

I think it should dissolve as a faction altogether (and, frankly, save us some trouble in the long run, with only me writing Sol), most of the parts (all there is to divide is the military hardware and the few colonies) of it incorporated to Earth Coalition, some parts to the former member states.
The forthcoming turmoil in Earth internal politics would serve as the best function to clear off the TA.

I'm not sure about Titan. Too bad CG is apparently gone. "Something" might happen to it in the crisis-to-be.

*thinks of what do with all the Battlecruisers*

Kerensky could get a cozy desk job at Earthdome... I'm getting ideas all the time... which is good.
Old July 26, 2002, 19:09   #72
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Ah. I'm starting to whip up a story segment. So, any objections to dissolving the Alliance?
Old July 27, 2002, 09:25   #73
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 21:49
Well...I'm back. CEO Morgan is back in business, and the Peacekeepers will be jumping on the bandwagon. Ahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha! (insane laughing)

As for dissolving the Alliance, it'd be best for Morgan. He'd love to see the Earthers in as much dis-order as possible.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2002, 20:27   #74
Kassiopeia
Emperor

A-hem. There will be a little disorder, but after that there shall be nothing but order (and obedience).
Old July 27, 2002, 21:20   #75
Sovereign
Prince

No objections here at all. Mellian seems like she isn't coming back, and is unlikely to do so.

BAC is starting to dry up, so we need to put up plenty of fresh segments and plots and excitement to rejuvenate it. Giving it new life, ya know?

I had my post all ready and written, but KA-POW, it got corrupted or something. When I opened it, all I saw were these little cube rectangles, and I guess I gotta write the whole post all over again!

But I'm still in the game
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2002, 21:26   #76
Mr. President
Emperor

You'll hear no objections from me, on literary counts or otherwise. A great man once said, "Keep it simple, stupid."
Old July 28, 2002, 17:29   #77
Kassiopeia
Emperor

No prize for guessing what I listened to when writing that story post.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; July 28, 2002 at 17:37.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2002, 18:07   #78
Sprayber
Emperor

Ok guys.

I like the idea of a two month skip.

What we need is to agree with what happens and I will write an intermission type piece saying what happened purely from third party standpoint.

Then we can get on with starting the other war

Everyone needs to think about what they need to happen in the two months to set up whatever they have going.

First and foremost. What should the terms of the treaty be. I assume that this will exclude Sol going to war with the Spartans and Morganites at least for now. Any ideas.
Old July 28, 2002, 18:24   #79
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Umm? This is 2702 and we are skipping two months? Well I guess that's long enough. I think the entire Sol system should turn out a single Police State faction, i.e. the Coalition. Well, Mars etc. could hold nominal independence but would be Coalition's puppets.

So there will be peace between Morgan and Earth. What I've understood, Morganites will pay reparations and return the conquered territories to Earth.
Old July 28, 2002, 23:33   #80
Mr. President
Emperor

In the Drone Republic, Ethan Maxwell and some of his followers incite riots in major cities. The authorities arrest or terminate Maxwell and most of his people. (Possibly tensions rise with the Peacekeepers as a result - I'm thinking of having a contrast between their relations with Domai and their relations with Adams.)

Meanwhile, the Firaxians tend their trees, walk in their parks, and kick their soccer balls.
Old July 29, 2002, 00:52   #81
Sprayber
Emperor

Kass IIRC the only one that really wanted a skip was mellian. The point is we need the peace conference to be over and done with. If you all think we should have a longer jump then thats ok, but some of the stories are not really done. The cadre story is kind of just beginning.
Old July 29, 2002, 01:28   #82
Mr. President
Emperor

I don't like the idea of "jumping" in general, but two months should be short enough so as not to disrupt anything storywise.
Old July 29, 2002, 02:38   #83
Sprayber
Emperor

If we dont jump then we need to get the peace thing done with so we can get our leaders back to their places and on with the story.

Kass: What do you expect Sol to do in the upcomming hostilities? basic stuff. you dont have to tell all your secrets. Our spies will take care of the rest

Kass are you wanting a longer time skip?
Old July 29, 2002, 03:45   #84
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:49
wrt the time skip, I think that it might be best if we either don't do it or delay it a bit. It might be a bit strange to have nothing concerning the other factions going on in the civil war for two months.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2002, 06:09   #85
Sovereign
Prince

I agree with GeneralTacticus

I think we should hold off time skips until some major story-lines are tied up. My Quantum reactor and engine experiments *could* happen during the time skip then I can describe its successes and failures afterwards.

Peace Talks

I think we need to allow the peace conference to occur first. I remember Mellian saying that Morgan will keep Capella, and the Earthers keep the 3 minor systems. Or, Morgan gives back Capella, gives Earth 50 million dollars, and Earthers give back the 3 minor systems in the peace talks.

I think it'd be more equitable if both sides get a fair settlement, rather than a lopsided settlement.

Cadre Civil War

I think the civil war should continue to the point of when the Hive and Sparta ships warp in-system. Then the 2 fleets either make a stand-off, or destroy each other.

Then the fighting can continue for several months on the planet's surface, giving both sides time to condosliate their territory, support, and military. This can happen during the time warp.

Time warp

IIRC, we all agreed that we'd have a 2 year time warp or something, a while ago, just before Mellian, Cybergod, and Silence disappeared.

Should we do a 1 year time-warp, 2 year time-warp, or hold it off until early 2703?

I say we hold it off until 2703, then many major stories would have probably have their loose ends tied up and ready for the time warp. Maybe we could time warp from 2703 to maybe 2705 or so.

Just throwing around suggestions.

Just giving my 2 cents. I think a time warp *right now* is a bad idea, especially with several major stories going on... i.e. civil war, Coalition doing "liquefication" and asserting its authority, and the GHE - UCS alliance talks.

I seriously think a time warp at the beginning of 2703 would be better.

What do you guys think?
Old July 29, 2002, 06:49   #86
Mr. President
Emperor

New post in the house, y'all! This one, I thought afterwards, is a little on the inane side, but it does more or less suggest what Commodore Franco's strategy is. I left the issue of confrontation with the G.H.E. to be resolved explicitly in a later post. For now he just wants a little intelligence on Hiverian assets.
Old July 29, 2002, 06:50   #87
Mr. President
Emperor

I actually agree with you Sovereign. I'd particularly like to tie up my Firaxian travel story. If I can squeeze it in between school, I will.

Additionally, I would suggest mutual return of territory in the Morgan-Terra settlement. The General and myself are figuring out exactly what the Drone involvement in the Cadre's Civil War should be, and we'll let you know what we decide.
Old July 29, 2002, 12:08   #88
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 21:49
Just as long as we get to the dang peace conference, everything is OK.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2002, 12:51   #89
Sovereign
Prince

BAH! History Guy

You took off Morgan's avatar.... shame on you! I guess I gotta use my "trans-reality" relay communications to inform CEO Morgan that you dissed him

Hehe... you prefer Civ3 more than AC? I quit Civ3, since it had too many bugs and the damn corruption crap. I can't build fun and grand empires in Civ3 that I could on Civ2. Hell, I built an Grand Russian Empire that spanned Europe, Asia, India, and Africa, and the puny American civ had their 2 contients.

But Civ3... never gonna happen In AC I can do the same thing. Civ3 has just too much corruption. I got so fed up, I decided to make a "scenario" and ear-mark every damn structure to reduce corruption, and it worked. Too bad I can't do it in a "real" Civ3 game.

Sorry, I just had to vent my anger at Civ3.

Anyways, I'm getting my sorry butt back to re-writing that post.

My computer perhaps got a mind of its own and decided "Hey I'm tired of being abused with the Word Processor, so PHFFFFT I decide to screw it up so you can't post the BAC story post! Bwhahahaha!"

Hehe....
Old July 29, 2002, 16:13   #90
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I do think that we should forget the whole idea of a time skip for the time being, especially since there seems to be no one particularly wanting it. Once we do it, maybe late 2703, it could be a lot longer, like seven years, so that things can develop to produce a new scenario; the Hive-Earth alliance would begin to show up more clearly, Earth would become a devilish Police State, that sort of thing. Those seven years would be peaceful, except for maybe some small skirmishes, and then we could get a new war rolling.

I have no pressures to tie up any storylines; seven years would fit my plans pretty nicely.

What comes to the peace talks, I think that if Morgan offers that territories are returned to the ownership they were in before the whole sordid conflict, and will throw in a decent amount of energy, that 50M, we'll have a deal. All hostilities regarding this conflict should cease, meaning that the Conclave and Pirates and whatnot will stop fooking about for the time being.