You're forgetting the UCS - GHE alliance. the UCS would love to help Earth out
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2002, 17:08   #92
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 22:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
By the way, History Guy

I just read your post and it has me wondering. What happened to Pravin Lal? Did he retire, die, get assassinated, or what?
Old July 29, 2002, 17:22   #93
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Oh yes. The UCS-GHE-EC Triad. The Greater United Empire Coalition Commonwealth of Hive, University and Earth States.
Old July 29, 2002, 18:08   #94
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

The Spartans and Drones have fought the mighty Bree. Your puny alliance means nothing to us .

Since no one wants a jump(including me) then we wont have one. But we do need to get our people to the coference and get it over with. Sparta has business in the Cadre's system to take care of. We have some Hiverians to dispense with.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2002, 19:33   #95
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 21:49
Yeah yeah! Let's drop the time warp! That's more than OK with me.

The only jump I want to make is a jump back into this story. Let's do the peace conference!

Since Mellian seems to be gone, I guess you can dissolve the Terrans when you wish, Kass. However, you also must control the peace conference.

As for Civ3, I don't like it more, but I don't like it less. Actually, one can build empires in Civ3. I'm German, in 1700, and I've got Europe, Africa, India, Greenland, part of Russia, and part of Asia. Pretty good that.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2002, 19:47   #96
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Yah. It'll turn out interesting with the Terran insides getting all fjorxcedTM up. IIRC we're setting them up on Firaxis?
Old July 29, 2002, 20:15   #97
Sprayber
Emperor

For those wondering what a Spartan Fleet may look like, below is a preview of what some of you will be facing in battle.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/Sp...?1027995297130
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old July 29, 2002, 20:20   #98
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*figures out what do with all those Battlecruisers*
Old July 29, 2002, 20:25   #99
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
*figures out what do with all those Battlecruisers*
Kill or be killed
Old July 29, 2002, 20:30   #100
Sprayber
Emperor

If you click on the ship names you'll find a few more ships not shown. Everyone one commanded by a Spartan eager to up their kill total.
Old July 29, 2002, 21:01   #101
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
Quote:
IIRC we're setting them up on Firaxis?
The peace conference? Yes. Look on about page 5 of the story, and you'll see the Prime Minister preparing for the conference. I checked the earlier Firaxian posts, and battleships are required to remain at the system perimeter.
Old July 29, 2002, 21:03   #102
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

P.S. I hope no-one tried to follow the e-mail link to Commodore Franco.
Old July 29, 2002, 21:48   #103
Sovereign
Prince

Kass I got some nifty ideas of what to do with these BattleCruisers.

Expect a PM from me on that.
Old July 29, 2002, 21:54   #104
Sovereign
Prince

History Guy I'm curious, how do you manage to build an empire that big? Isn't corruption terrible in an empire that size, or did the patches fix the corruption? Just wondering.

Are you going to write for both the Morganites and PK's now, seeing that Guardian isn't seriously doing any writing for them? Or will you "major" write about Morgan, while "minor" write about PK's?

Sprayber

What about the Gaians and Cyborgs? I don't think Alyznia and the Cyborg authors are coming back. It has been a year IIRC. I wonder if anyone here is willing to take a bit extra, and write for these factions, or should we "kill" them off? What do you suggest we do?

Just asking, because I'm wondering what will become of them in the next few years when things "heat up" between the major factions.
Old July 29, 2002, 22:01   #105
Mr. President
Emperor

Unless anyone objects to me governing three factions, I could cover the Gaians. This semester I have only one hour of class every Tuesday, so that's one day a week almost guaranteed goofing off (including BAC ).

Quote:
I got some nifty ideas of what to do with these BattleCruisers.
Is it like synchronized swimming where they spin and twirl and sail in formation?
Old July 29, 2002, 22:06   #106
Sovereign
Prince

President

Or some BattleCruisers standing upright on their thrusters doing Space Jigs

Old July 29, 2002, 22:08   #107
Sovereign
Prince

P.S. I've been wondering if we could start up that Temple sub plot that we discussed again? Or should we wait until the peace talks calm down?
Old July 29, 2002, 22:22   #108
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 21:49
Sovereign-- The corruption doesn't seem to bother me as all that. I do what I can to make the people happy, and I jack up the culture for them by building improvements, wonders, etc., and that keeps corruption in check. I myself don't have a single patch, and yet the game always works fine with me...and I've only got a Windows 95!!!

Major writing for Morganites, minor for Peacekeepers, to develope the plot that Guardian and I had created.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2002, 22:49   #109
Mr. President
Emperor

Ooh, Temple subplot, yes please. Would you like to do the honors of re-introducing it?

Read the new story post. Assassination-suicide . . . I guess we'll find out, eh?
Old July 29, 2002, 23:06   #110
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

The peace conference? Yes. Look on about page 5 of the story, and you'll see the Prime Minister preparing for the conference.
Don't look on about page 5, since I just realized the story is about twice as long as that and that the post in question is closer to the end. Oops.
Old July 30, 2002, 00:29   #111
Mr. President
Emperor

At risk of being accused of spam, I have another story post for your edification.

At long last, Sam Mendes and Brian are in Sparta. Is the post kosher with you, Sprayber?
Old July 30, 2002, 00:44   #112
Sovereign
Prince

Spam is the BEST meat! Just kidding.

Okay, President I'll include the Temple in my upcoming post, hoping and assuming that my computer doesn't get Artifical Intelligent again, and screw over my hard typing work

I'll introduce the ruins on Berrik, sorta like a Bespin style city, like Bespin from Star Wars. But with collapsed buildings, weird hieroglyphics, unidentifiable energy signatures, and new material like Solid Hydrogen from the Sci Fi planet Nona in the game Civ 2:ToT.

I got plenty to account for. I'll definitely write about the floating city ruins, some prototype quantum reactors being drawn up and built, one or two more terrorist attacks from Yevan Androids, and an invitation to the EC to send delegates or start up treaty talks. Maybe some more extras, dunno... but I think its gonna be a long post. Bear with me
Old July 30, 2002, 01:04   #113
Sprayber
Emperor

Just a quick idea for your temple thing.

On the planet that Sparta has sealed off there is a gigantic structure that is built underground that the Spartans have been trying to get into for a long time but have had to ease off on because of quakes in the area. The spartan experts believe that the aliens that brought the Epo to the planet built that structure.

Now MR. President would the drone investigations into your temple be wide known. Would the drones have mentioned it to the spartans at anytime. Cause Kessel would most likely seek quiet assistence from the drones in unlocking the secrets if the knew of their succes at the temple.

Basically what i was gonna have happen is to have a few things be found in the temple to shed light on the rest of the galaxy and some of the aliens including the Bree and Gorn. Of course most of the info there would be difficult for humans to understand but we would get things like maps of unexplored territory(dont worry Franky, not the Hive ) And things to shed light on the nature of the Bree Gorn conflict.
Old July 30, 2002, 01:17   #114
Sprayber
Emperor

I read your post Mr. President and everything looks cool to me.
Old July 30, 2002, 03:01   #115
Mr. President
Emperor

That sounds neat Sprayber. The research into the Temple is in fact known to the public (I made an interlude with a bunch of newspaper headlines, one of which involved the most recent breakthrough), but the Spartan government could probably find out more detailed information by going through scientific or government channels.

I think the three temples could represent a great chance to develop the "mythology", if you like, of the Beyond Alpha Centauri universe. We can reveal more about the ancient history of the galaxy, such as the beginnings of the Bree-Gorn conflict like you said, and write about fantastic discoveries (since science is also a part of human progress, feeding and fed by conflict) in both applied and theoretical areas. Of course, that's a heck of a large area for us to think about, but we can take it at whatever pace is necessary.
Old July 30, 2002, 03:04   #116
Mr. President
Emperor

Elsewhere . . .
I made a Free Drone Republic flag. It's not a very good specimen (I think it might not be exactly symmetrical), but it's a start, especially given that the Drones are my main faction and even Firaxis got a flag before them. What do you guys think? Is it too ugly for words?

Edit; Sorry that it looks to have come out a little on the grainy side. It was made by splicing the flag of Micronesia onto that of Kiribati (or some place like that, I can't remember exactly) and glueing a Free Drone logo onto the corner.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	flag1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	20936  
Old July 30, 2002, 03:20   #117
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:49
Quote:
But Civ3... never gonna happen In AC I can do the same thing. Civ3 has just too much corruption. I got so fed up, I decided to make a "scenario" and ear-mark every damn structure to reduce corruption, and it worked. Too bad I can't do it in a "real" Civ3 game.
Assuming you mean in a 'normal' game, you can. Just edit the civ3mod.bic file.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2002, 03:31   #118
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:49
Mr. President: I think the flag might look a little better with the four stars in the middle and the Free Drone logo in the middle of those.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2002, 04:13   #119
Mr. President
Emperor

Hmm. Thanks for the input. I'll play around with it a little and get back to you.
Old July 30, 2002, 04:42   #120
Sprayber
Emperor

I couldn't resist.

I the template I'm giving you looks a little familiar. It's an older varient of a current flag in use by a well known country.

Yes i modified the stars.

Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	flag1.gif
Views:	28
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	20938