Old July 5, 2002, 13:02   #1
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ministry of Economy campaign thread
This is a thread dedicated to Ministry of Economy elections. I thought about starting it Sunday, but Trips pre-election thread pushed me to go aead on schedule.

I'd like it if all candidates for Ministry of Economy could post their position here, and if this thread was a place of debate.
I'd also like it if all curious citizens could come here and ask questions to the candidates.

Let's go !
Old July 5, 2002, 13:06   #2
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:50
Dear citizens of Apolytonia,
Elections are to be held soon, and I hereby have the pleasure to tell you I'm a candidate for the post of Minister of Economy, in the name of DIA.

My platform will be to always keep an eye to the supreme interests of Apolytonia. I shall carefully watch every turn if our empire is well supplied with gold, luxuries and resources. This means I will check if every city is at maximum gold efficiency, and if cities / goods are well connected to our trade network.

In Trade negociations with our neighbours, I shall haggle mercilessly, and not one coin would be wasted by lack of haggling with the AI. However, if the minister of Foreign Affairs wants us to get better relations with a partner, I will soften my haggling, and give this partner better deals for them.

The Minister of Economy is a job about teamwork : he has to supply other ministries with gold and goods, so that they can work properly. I have personal experience with this kind of "intendency" job. The minister of Economy has not much decision power, but has an important role in giving documented advice. I am conscious of this, and I will not try to acquire more decision power than the one granted by the constitution.

My motto is "efficiency" : as I already made an excel file to keep track of active trades, I will also use maths to explain the various consequences of the tax and science rates. However, the decision in adjusting sliders will be up to the President or to the people, and I will post polls whenever we have important choices to make.

I am a builder at heart. However, I know there is a time for war. When I'll petition the City Planner to build marketplaces, or the minister of Public Works to connect cities and goods, I will do this with responsibility, and when the empire really needs it. Until we are an established power which can afford peace, building marketplaces is out of question.

The merger between the ministry of Trade and ministry of Finance has been developed by myself, and I already have a precise idea on how it will work. One of my missions would be to make the newly born "Minister of Economy" an efficient administration, to hand it to my successors in perfect shape.

Dear citizens of Apolytonia, vote for someone dedicated to Economy, vote for a man of experience in teamwork.
Vote Spiffor !
Old July 5, 2002, 15:20   #3
Captain
King

Local Time: 22:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think Spiffor has done a great job so far. I'd like to see him continue in this post.

Although, if the amendments that limit terms are adopted, then maybe it'd be better to hold off and have you run the economy AFTER the war, to rebuild and counter corruption. That's pretty critical and I think an experienced minister would be good for that time.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 5, 2002, 15:23   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 21:50
Well, technically, this would be the first term for this minister as it was just made...so Spiffor could run again? Ah, the first case for those Judges...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 5, 2002, 15:51   #5
Robber Baron
Prince

I think Spiff's latest tech-whoring research displayed an especially adept bit of foreign ministration.
(Yikes, am I jeopardizing my standing within the UFC here. )
(Hey, what can I say. He's proven himself pretty darn competent.)
Old July 5, 2002, 17:14   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Baron, you traitor!!!

But this is NOT the Foreign Minister position, its the money grubbing, er Economic Minister. Either way, though I, personally, do not like that proposal (I absolutely cringe at 3 GPT), it was well thought out, and nicely presented.

Oh, and Baron, I'ld be sure to stay in public if I were you. Don't want to be caught alone...without witnessess...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 5, 2002, 21:31   #7
Robber Baron
Prince

Nonsense, Unortho. We're all "Civ"-ilized here, aren't we? Sit down, have a drink with me, man. Let's discuss this democratically. I mean ---
(GACK!!) [clutches back, falls to floor. Shadows retreat into the jungle....]
Old July 5, 2002, 21:40   #8
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Nevermind.
Old July 5, 2002, 22:45   #9
JSeeds
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:50
Spiff, your research into the tech whoring plan has won my vote. That's the type of agressive action we need to get out of this mess of a jungle.