Old July 6, 2002, 12:03   #31
LordImpact
Warlord

Local Time: 22:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

A fellow by the name of LordImpact.
NANI!!! WHAT!!! I'm running for SMC!? I think not!

I SWEAR UBER ITS NOT ME! PUT DOWN THE SPEAR! IT'S RANDOM ENTITY YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

Not only would I have no chance of winning, but I would never run against a fellow UFC member either!
Old July 6, 2002, 12:07   #32
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 23:50
Quote:
Originally posted by LordImpact
NANI!!! WHAT!!! I'm running for SMC!? I think not!
You watch too much anime.

Quote:
I SWEAR UBER ITS NOT ME! PUT DOWN THE SPEAR! IT'S RANDOM ENTITY YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!
What's that? Did I hear something? I only hear someone screaming...

Oh well.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:10   #33
LordImpact
Warlord

The only position I'm applying for is an ambassadorship. I have no dreams of political glory. Uber is doing a fine job, i have no desire to see him unseated.

Although it's probably true that i do watch too much anime, I also took a one month after school course in Japanese
Old July 6, 2002, 12:14   #34
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
The only position I'm applying for is an ambassadorship. I have no dreams of political glory. Uber is doing a fine job, i have no desire to see him unseated.
I thought everyone lived for honor and glory like me.

Quote:
Although it's probably true that i do watch too much anime
Of course you do.

Quote:
, I also took a one month after school course in Japanese
They offer Japanese there? They sure don't do that here.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:15   #35
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:

You didn't capitalize it Panag.

Vote for me then!

Of course, one more term.

A fellow by the name of LordImpact.

Indeed.

Chance to do what, by the way?

What about them?

Of course I will.
hi ,

new citizens should put them selves up for the job to , ....for any job in the government , come on people , we are waiting for some new young blood

to do what , well , new ideas for on , in some office's that is needed , ...

, should assistant ministers be voted in also , ...

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 12:18   #36
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,
Hullow.

Quote:

Quote:
new citizens should put them selves up for the job to , ....for any job in the government , come on people , we are waiting for some new young blood
So they should... we have many vacant spots, we need more competition.

Quote:
to do what , well , new ideas for on , in some office's that is needed , ...
Of course.

Quote:
, should assistant ministers be voted in also , ...
There is no need to make them official, and ministers can simply appoint who they want, I don't see any need to elect them.

Quote:
have a nice day
So I shall.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:19   #37
LordImpact
Warlord

Quote:

They offer Japanese there? They sure don't do that here.
It was a program that I signed up for through the Central Connecticut State University. Its called a "target" program. Its offered to GT (gifted and talented) students.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:21   #38
Jon Shafer

Quote:
It was a program that I signed up for through the Central Connecticut State University. Its called a "target" program. Its offered to GT (gifted and talented) students.
Oh, trying to plug your incredible talents, eh? I'm on to you, don't think I'll let you get off easy now mister, I WILL BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES!!!!!

That's cool, I take German myself. I'm taking 3rd semester this fall, so I'm going to get a minor in it.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:29   #39
LordImpact
Warlord

German is an awesome language. I wanted to take that in High School, but they stuck we with Latin (the must useless language on the face of the earth) Instead. 3 FREAKIN' YEARS OF LATIN AND I CANT EVEN GET COLLEGE CREDIT FOR IT!!! I'm gonna take Japanese both semesters when i'm a freshman in the fall.

But back to topic. This question is for Random Entity:
What is your view on the upcoming war with America? How can you serve us better than Uber has, and what is your plan of attack? I personally dont believe in changing the SMC at a sensitive time like this. We need a stable position in the war ministry.

Last edited by LordImpact; July 6, 2002 at 12:42.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:30   #40
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Oh, trying to plug your incredible talents, eh? I'm on to you, don't think I'll let you get off easy now mister, I WILL BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES!!!!!

That's cool, I take German myself. I'm taking 3rd semester this fall, so I'm going to get a minor in it.
hi ,

you can anything you want , ...well in maybe you have to go to NY state for some , but most are in CT .
German , there is only two languages that are spoken all over the world , French and English , ...
ask yourself why you need that German , ....

TOPIC ; more competition is good , ....
now find a way so that new people can post themselfs as a candidate more , ....

if the ministers appoint them , fine , but they should be checked by a senate or court , ....and the President , ...

UberKruX , where are you , .....you are needed here

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 12:36   #41
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,
Hellow.

Quote:
you can anything you want , ...well in maybe you have to go to NY state for some , but most are in CT .
Oh well, I'm not in NY or Connecticutt.

Quote:
German , there is only two languages that are spoken all over the world , French and English , ...
ask yourself why you need that German , ....
Ever asked a German that question?

Quote:
TOPIC ; more competition is good , ....
now find a way so that new people can post themselfs as a candidate more , ....
Yes, competition = better.

Quote:
if the ministers appoint them , fine , but they should be checked by a senate or court , ....and the President , ...
Why?

Quote:
UberKruX , where are you , .....you are needed here
Planning world conquest no doubt.

Quote:
have a nice day
So I shall.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:46   #42
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Hellow.

Oh well, I'm not in NY or Connecticutt.

Ever asked a German that question?

Yes, competition = better.

Why?

Planning world conquest no doubt.

So I shall.
hi ,

, intresting , ...

yes competition is good , ...where are all the people , ...are they scared to run , ....

why , well , otherwise we could have some troubles , some people might get that job only because they have nice eyes or so , ....

and they should not have the same rights as a minister , but when something should go wrong , they should pay the same price , ...
and they should explain their actions when needed , like a minister , to the President , trhe court , etc , ...

OT , Colorado

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; July 6, 2002 at 13:08.
Old July 6, 2002, 13:01   #43
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
German is useful for anime too. There is a lot of German in Neon Genesis Evangelion.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 6, 2002, 13:07   #44
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
German is useful for anime too. There is a lot of German in Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Of course. "Evangelion" is a German word, after all.
Old July 6, 2002, 13:22   #45
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Along with Neon, Nerv, Gehirn, Seele, and much of what Asuka says. I'd be really nice if I knew German so I could learn more about Asuka.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 6, 2002, 14:50   #46
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Random Entity is running, not LordImpact.

Old July 6, 2002, 16:02   #47
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Apocalypse :
Asuka has a dreadful Japanese accent. I speak German fairly (spent a year there), and I have yet to understand what she says, even when it's "auf wiedersehen"

Edit : oh, wasn't this thread a campaign ?
Old July 6, 2002, 16:05   #48
Apocalypse
Emperor

Have you tried watching the English version? She speaks German there too.
Old July 6, 2002, 16:22   #49
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I only watch anime in Japanese, or dubbed in my mother language (French). I see no point watching anime dubbed in a foreign language (well, I've seen Princess Mononoke in English and German, and it made me think American dubbers suck anyways )
Old July 7, 2002, 21:38   #50
LordImpact
Warlord

Anime belongs in it's pure unadulterated Japanese form... with subtitles in your native language of course.

BUT we have a new candidate for SMC that makes 3. Benjamin_Berman, please post your views!

Last edited by LordImpact; July 7, 2002 at 21:44.
Old July 7, 2002, 22:41   #51
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 04:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain

although I am not a hawk, I would like to see Uber keep his position until at least Case Pink/Blue is carried through. Continuity is important to a smooth execution.

Same here... He should hold that position until the tension eases. Flinging the battleplans into the hands of some fresh elected hotshot (yet unknown) could end in a disaster. Suddenly an uninformed minister does a terrible mistake?
Such disasters have actually happened in real life, by the way...
Old July 7, 2002, 22:47   #52
LordImpact
Warlord

I also concur. Recall what happened to Russia during World War II. Stalin Purged almost all of his officers before the war began, and when Germany started pressign into the eastern front, they got all the way to the gates of Moscow. The only thing that stopped the Nazis was tthe russian winter, which we dont have in this game, and reinforcements from Siberia. Reinforcements is something else we wont have. We need every advantage we can get in this war, and Uber's leadership and competance is among the most important.

--Impact
Old July 7, 2002, 23:07   #53
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
Naturally you'd think I'd vote for someone in the DIA, because I am a member too, but war is war, and we need someone who is aggresive, someone who is understanding of it. So for the sake of the people's security and for the sake of winning a brutal war, we'd need someone who is a brutal leader. So in the best interests for the people, I will most likely be voting for UberKrux.

Sorry Entity, but unless you change party or prove yourself aggressive and war-like, my vote may not go to you.

Btw, can candidates vote?
Old July 7, 2002, 23:12   #54
Timeline
King

Random Entity is not primarily here to win the election, we knew there was little chance of that happening, but he is so here to make a statement on behalf of our party, that the DIA are not opposed to this war.

We put this candidate up because we have something to say, that the DIA can fight a war just as effectively as a pro-war militarist. Even if you don't vote for the DIA for the SMC position, remember that we are a balanced party and VALUE war, but it's not the end all of our nation - in the future we will aspire to better things.
Old July 8, 2002, 01:12   #55
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

don't remember that, thats just what the WANT you to remember. :P

i cant wait for the polls.
Old July 8, 2002, 06:55   #56
Robber Baron
Prince

Case Eagle offers us an ideal opportunity to test both candidates' military acumen.
So Uber, Random:
1) Do you support Case Eagle?
2) Do you support a 2-stack, 2-pronged attack strategy?
3) How many archers should go in a stack?
4) Do you favor a sneak attack, or a declaration of war before moving into American territory?
Old July 8, 2002, 10:27   #57
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

1) Do you support Case Eagle?

No.

Firstly, we'd need more time to build up 2 stacks. We don't have much time. Sure a "Lightning Strike" would be great, but we can't wait until America has horsemen/swordsmen.

Secondly, Trip's plan doesnt account for rivers / geographical formations We need to stack the odds in our FAVOR, not against us.

Thirdly, it calls for the utter destruction of America, which is still in debate (although it is winning).

Fourthly, we haven't even firmly decided we're taking on America fisrt, that debate rages on, and will continue to do so until we are prepared to attack. A lot could change in the meantime.

Fifthly, this is a violation of the code of laws. and i quote, "The Military Advisor is granted the power to set up the army's strategy. He tells what troops to move where, and which battles to engage". There is no such clause under the President.

He refers to case pink not being written by the ministers, attempting to defend his plan as legitimate. Case pink was composed from several threads in which ministers were talking. the IE was considering placing "Red" and "Blue" cities. the SMC asked for barracks, then archers, and the City planner was willing to agree. The actual plan was drawn up by NYE, Sir Ralph, and myself, and OKed by all respective ministers.

There is also a clause in the City Planner's area of the code of laws, and i quote, "The City Planner is strongly recommended to accommodate all Ministers who approach him/her with their various needs".

No such clause appears in the Military Advisor's Section, or any other section for that matter.

I approve of the buildup, I approve of the Goal, but I do no approve of or condone the strategy in any respect.

2) Do you support a 2-stack, 2-pronged attack strategy?
No.

As I have stated, we need to strike as quickly as possible, and we do not have the time to build up 2 strong stacks. I believe we should attack with 1 strong one, take Washington, leave a few as garrison, and hit NY.

It's not a lightning strike, btu it will get the job done in less time.

3) How many archers should go in a stack?
6 is the Absolute Minimum.

4) Do you favor a sneak attack, or a declaration of war before moving into American territory?
Declaration of war. I see no reason to harm the reputation.
Old July 8, 2002, 11:27   #58
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 21:50
Ah, another instance where Uber shows he is not the maniac he would like us all to believe he is. There is a deep tactical mind in there somewhere...

It surprises me how many actually favor America's destruction, though...

In each of YOUR OWN VIEWS, although the public will likely ultimately decide, do each of you favor their destruction, or just a trimming?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 8, 2002, 12:26   #59
Robber Baron
Prince

Now I want to see a slate of Uber, Trip, Sir Ralph and Spiff elected, just to watch the sparks fly.
Old July 8, 2002, 13:39   #60
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Robber Baron
Now I want to see a slate of Uber, Trip, Sir Ralph and Spiff elected, just to watch the sparks fly.
that would be an interesting Regime