Old July 6, 2002, 14:44   #31
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anyway...you're thinking of cooperative think, not collective thinking. Collective is like a hive mind. We aren't that nor should we be.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 6, 2002, 14:58   #32
Timeline
King

Quote:
Collective is like a hive mind. We aren't that nor should we be.
That is extremely vague.

Allow me to give an exact explination of what I mean,

Collective Thinking: The way our government generates its plans and course of action. A way for us to develop intelligence and ability greater than the sum of any individual members' talents.

Case Pink is an excellent example of collective thinking. NYE proposes a course of action, Sir Ralph refines, others comment and a better plan as a whole is developed.

Collective thinking comes about through common understanding, the key that constructs our differing ideas into a cohesive course of action.

Last edited by Timeline; July 6, 2002 at 15:39.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:01   #33
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

No, that is cooperative. Collective is "We propose a course of action, we refine, we comment and develop."

Resistance is futile.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 6, 2002, 15:13   #34
Timeline
King

Once again you are attempting to tell me what I am trying to say. You don't have to tell me what I am saying and what I mean, I already know.

Try this: Go get a dictonary and go ahead and look up the word "collective", or "collective thinking" if it is available to you . You may be suprised by the definition.

You will find: "Formed by collection of thoughts"

Pretty simple eh?

We "collect" the "thoughts" of many individuals, and form a collective whole. -Collective Thinking.

Last edited by Timeline; July 6, 2002 at 15:18.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:18   #35
Apocalypse
Emperor

You are using it in the wrong context. Mine is more accurate.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:27   #36
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
hi ,

so guys , what is your program going to be , ....

any thoughts on that you want to tell the people , ....

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 15:31   #37
Timeline
King

The context is in the dictonary, and is undisputable. Your warped sense of the word because of a fictional government in Alpha Centuari does not mean my text book definition is flawed.

Both ideas presented work. I have explained my meaning simply so now there should be no more question. I do not stand for enforcing ideals and terms of thinking upon people, but I encourage diversity of thought, so that we may pool our mental resources to build a better nation!
Old July 6, 2002, 15:34   #38
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

so guys , what is your program going to be , ....

any thoughts on that you want to tell the people , ....

have a nice day
Program? Basically my program is as follows:

Be present at every turn chat so I can assist the President or take over if needed.

Be educated about our current plans, so that if any minister is missing I will know what he wanted us to do.

Be active in the forums to help encourage collective thought and development of plans.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:35   #39
Apocalypse
Emperor

I didn't bring SMAC up once.

Anyway, we both agree on the type of thinking, so in value of progress, let us move on.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:35   #40
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
The context is in the dictonary, and is undisputable. Your warped sense of the word because of a fictional government in Alpha Centuari does not mean my text book definition is flawed.

Both ideas presented work. I have explained my meaning simply so now there should be no more question. I do not stand for enforcing ideals and terms of thinking upon people, but I encourage diversity of thought, so that we may pool our mental resources to build a better nation!
hi ,

, intresting , the only thing that can build a better nation is more turns , so we can start to take some action , ....

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 15:37   #41
Apocalypse
Emperor

Program: Work for the will of the people and making sure their rights don't get trampled on.

I'll work my ass off too.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:46   #42
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Program: Work for the will of the people and making sure their rights don't get trampled on.

I'll work my ass off too.
hi ,

do you care to post some more details , ....

and maybe your background and skills that you might have that could help you with this job , ....

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 15:52   #43
Apocalypse
Emperor

Sure thing.

I've been heavily involved in the Civ3 demo game since the beginning. I discuss it all the time in the chat. This is how I became good friends with so many of the main participants. This will allow me to get things done.

I play a lot of TBS games too, including Civ3. I've played it quite a bit even after being disappointed with the state it was released in. Unlike my opponent, I've also been in the community for a long time.

Most importantly, I care about our Civilization. I want it to succeed. Nothing pleases me more than making people happy. This gives me a level of motivation that my opponent seems to lack.
Old July 6, 2002, 15:57   #44
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Sure thing.

I've been heavily involved in the Civ3 demo game since the beginning. I discuss it all the time in the chat. This is how I became good friends with so many of the main participants. This will allow me to get things done.

I play a lot of TBS games too, including Civ3. I've played it quite a bit even after being disappointed with the state it was released in. Unlike my opponent, I've also been in the community for a long time.

Most importantly, I care about our Civilization. I want it to succeed. Nothing pleases me more than making people happy. This gives me a level of motivation that my opponent seems to lack.
hi ,

, making people happy , in the long run or the short , ...
its going to be a hard job , ask Trip , people are sometimes happy , yet they dont see that their course in the long run makes them unhappy , ....

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 15:59   #45
Apocalypse
Emperor

Both. I look to the long run and convince them why it is good so that they'll also be happy in the long run.
Old July 6, 2002, 16:08   #46
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 03:50
Apocalypse,

I'm very disappointed in this thread. I'm disappointed in how you handled it. It seems, from my point of view, that from the beginning you have been mud flinging and more mud flinging. It is really discouraging me from voting for you.

To me, a vice president should not only be one who is efficent at his job but one who can communicate with the people, and with the ministers efficently. All this mud flinging makes me think that you are unable to do this important task.

So I ask you please stop flinging mud. At first I thought it was a joke and laughed, but it continues to happen and it is happening more often. It makes you look bad, and it turns this thread into an unproductive one.

Tassadar
Old July 6, 2002, 16:11   #47
Apocalypse
Emperor

I'm not mud flinging. Me and Timeline are just having a lively debate.
Old July 6, 2002, 16:23   #48
Timeline
King

You are mudflinging, but you can't see it....
Old July 6, 2002, 16:29   #49
Apocalypse
Emperor

I'm just trying to make this about the issues.
Old July 6, 2002, 16:31   #50
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

Timeline , any changes or plans for when you are vice , ....

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2002, 16:38   #51
Timeline
King

Yes, as I stated earlier:

Quote:
Basically my program is as follows:

Be present at every turn chat so I can assist the President or take over if needed.

Be educated about our current plans, so that if any minister is missing I will know what he wanted us to do.

Be active in the forums to help encourage collective thought and development of plans.
Hope this answers your question!
Old July 6, 2002, 16:41   #52
Apocalypse
Emperor

I never said you weren't. It is basically the same as what I want.

This is why I've focused on how I have the advantage in that I'm not tied to a political party.
Old July 6, 2002, 16:47   #53
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Yes, as I stated earlier:

Hope this answers your question!
hi ,

no details , ....