Old July 5, 2002, 22:44   #31
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 23:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
anyway, at least im telling you. im not just leaving without saying anything. that shows something doesnt it? some candidates might announce it after they are elected...
Old July 5, 2002, 22:52   #32
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:50
Yes jdd, it is appreciated. I suppose you also have a plan on how to discharge your responsibilities. So if you alluded to it, then nobody could hold the vacation against you.

I think what I'm trying to help avoid is a repeat of some of our 'incredible disappearing' officials. Actually space was probably the best of the worst. Bounced around until he hit 500 posts to get his avatar and then initiated a small constitutional crisis. I wouldn't rate his chances of returning and being elected dog catcher very highly.

All I'm really asking is for people to think about this, and not just jump in for the heck of it, then realize in a week that you'll be gone for the second half of your term to a place with no computers (let alone internet access).
Old July 5, 2002, 23:07   #33
jdd2007
NationStates
King

ok, NYE, im announcing it now that I wont be here for the start of my term if im elected, in which case Sn00py, as Senior ambassador [see applications for ambassadors] will do some of the work. however, i will have limited internet access and will post as much as possible. it will not interfere with my duties as much as it sounds...
Old July 6, 2002, 00:05   #34
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Great. Sounds like you'll be 'here' in the game sense, just not 'here' in geographical reference to your home. That's no biggie.
Old July 6, 2002, 00:56   #35
jdd2007
NationStates
King

yah u got it.
Old July 7, 2002, 11:13   #36
jdd2007
NationStates
King

*bump*

Sn00py, what are your stances on the things ive mentioned?
Old July 7, 2002, 15:10   #37
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
yes I agree with what you said

However, I can make it to the turnchat everytime and I think that's quite important. I'm curious if you can make it everytime too?
Old July 7, 2002, 16:01   #38
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

What? Real life? What's that?

My policy is that the summer = nothing but free time to do nothing (no job ). All of my friends died or moved away for college, or something (don't ask me), so we don't do anything. I probably won't be able to do what I am now later though, after this next term because of college... 20 credit hours a week, and plenty of other activities (and I'm going to be researching this 'real life' thing you speak of ).
hi ,

first of all , good luck , may the best one get the job , ...

Trip , study the game , earn points this way
write your experiences down , who knows , you might get some thing like extra points or so , ......

have a nice day
Old July 7, 2002, 17:55   #39
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 22:50
is snoopy party affiliated? he's on the DIA roster, but

Quote:
I believe that before engaging war we should suck out as much as we can from them before destorying their cities and even their entire civilization, because there are things like maps, contacts, money, etc, that you just can't get from destorying a civilization.
hrm... sounds hawkish

i'd like to see these 2 have an official "debate" thread
Old July 7, 2002, 17:58   #40
jdd2007
NationStates
King

we could have it here, except Sn00py cant say

Quote:
Originally posted by Sn00py
yes I agree with what you said
Old July 7, 2002, 18:27   #41
FrostyBoy
Emperor

UberKruX, as a Foreign Advisor, I normally wouldn't suggest going to war, but in situations there is little choice, so in which case I would rather exploit them as much I can, rather than going 'ghengis' and getting little out of the war.
Old July 7, 2002, 19:02   #42
FrostyBoy
Emperor

And citizens, jdd is head of the hawk party isn't he? Which generally supports war and expansion, sounds like a disease to me.

Who would you rather have as your foreign advisor, someone who is honost, peaceful and creates allies instead of enemies, or jdd, who'll be making sure you wet the bed at night when an army of swordsmen attack your home and kill your wife, children and dog.

Vote for me and live in peace, but in cases of war, free diapers for everyone. Now who would do that in times of war? jdd? no he will send your 3 year old daughter to war.
Attached Images:

Last edited by FrostyBoy; July 7, 2002 at 19:18.
Old July 7, 2002, 19:20   #43
jdd2007
NationStates
King

I am not the head of the Hawks yet. I fully believe in what they and what the UFC stand for. However, as FAM, I will listen to what everyone says, look at polls and make a decision based on what the people, all parties and other ministers think. Yes, I am in favor of war at the moment, but I do not want to have an extended war any more than you do. That is why we need to have short, fast and decisive wars to secure our goal. Sn00py says

"Vote for me and live in peace"

but think about it. Dont you want to expand, build cities, secure relations and construct a powerful homeland before we can have long periods of peace? As for my views on military, I (or Sn00py) will have no control over our wars once they begin, and little to stop them from starting. This means my opponents comments are irrelevent.

Vote for me and I will listen to the masses! I will make sure that ambassadors are appointed and do their duties. I will do the best I can to see Apolytonia prosper. I may not be a graphics wiz, but I will be a damn good Foreign affairs minister!
Old July 7, 2002, 19:30   #44
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sn00py
Who would you rather have as your foreign advisor, someone who is honost, peaceful and creates allies instead of enemies, or jdd, who'll be making sure you wet the bed at night when an army of swordsmen attack your home and kill your wife, children and dog.
This is a trick question, right? I mean, doesn't everyone want their homes looted and pillaged on a nightly basis?

Whoooo Hooooo go Jdd!!!!
Old July 7, 2002, 21:14   #45
FrostyBoy
Emperor

I support stability in a peaceful nation, and in order to do this I believe we need to be great and powerful, but not at the cost of constantly going to war and suffocating other civilizations.

I also feel it is the Foreign advisors job to refine our diplomatic relations with our allies so that we never get backstabbed and if ever needed, we'll always be granted help in times of war.

Remember, Vote for me, the Man for Fam, not jdd, because you'll be sayin' damn.
Old July 7, 2002, 21:25   #46
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
I have a question to both candidates : what is the priority of good reputation for you ? Will you always reject breaking treaties, or will you show flexibility here, at the expense of reputation ?
Sorry, I never caught this question

Stability is top prioity in my opinion. If shown weakness, civs will exploit us, if shown strength, civs will be against us.

Breaking treaties to me is a serious thing, it can be the difference between losing and winning. So I will often demand careful consideration towards all reasons for going to war, before breaking any peace treaty.
Old July 7, 2002, 23:03   #47
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 04:50
Of course I'll vote for the little pilot dog, who made the green Notylopian palms as beautiful as they are...
Old July 8, 2002, 01:33   #48
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:50
Sn00py has shown dedication with his wondrous mods for Civ3 - and in my mind this is THE only important pre-req for any position.

And you're an NZer, too, ain'tcha Sn00py? If so you have my support. Everyone knows NZers do jobs well in an international setting.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 8, 2002, 10:30   #49
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Sn00py has shown dedication with his wondrous mods for Civ3 - and in my mind this is THE only important pre-req for any position.

And you're an NZer, too, ain'tcha Sn00py? If so you have my support. Everyone knows NZers do jobs well in an international setting.
:: wishes he was an aussie so he could make up some international-sheep-bangnig joke ::

just a yank. oh well.
Old July 8, 2002, 16:53   #50
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Quote:
yep

yes, aussies like to make sheep jokes at us and we like to make jokes on their stupidity, (coz they are). but what aussies don't know (because of their stupidity) is that Aussies have something like 5x more sheep than we do.
Old July 9, 2002, 11:58   #51
jdd2007
NationStates
King

hey look. im dedicated. im in mexico, and i arranged to get on apolyton. im still posting 5-10 posts a day, on an IBM in the library...

im an international person too. i hold UK and US passports, i know basic spanish, and im in mexico...
Old July 9, 2002, 19:54   #52
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Question to the candidates

I have established a website for this post at foreignministry.4t.com

if elected, would you want this domain handed over to your control, or would you create your own.

This question is because im thinking of upgrading it somewhat.. but if its existance only matters for a week more (or untill i get relected to this job), then i wont upgrade it.
Old July 10, 2002, 22:16   #53
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Well most of the info will be in the newspaper (maybe) and some of it on the official site (opening soon). So I don't think (for myself), I will be keeping a stand alone site for Foreign affairs.
Old July 10, 2002, 22:37   #54
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
im an international person too. i hold UK and US passports, i know basic spanish, and im in mexico...
That's it?!

If you expect to be OUR Foreign Affairs Minister you need at least two additional passports to France and Greece, as well as be able to at least speak French and the Persian language.
Old July 10, 2002, 22:45   #55
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 11, 2002, 04:42   #56
FrostyBoy
Emperor

damn, I only know English and a bit of Chinese
Old July 11, 2002, 04:48   #57
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 03:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline

That's it?!

If you expect to be OUR Foreign Affairs Minister you need at least two additional passports to France and Greece, as well as be able to at least speak French and the Persian language.
And Russian. Dont forget Russian
Old July 11, 2002, 05:55   #58
Papa Chubby
Warlord

Local Time: 03:50
As the foreign minister it will be one of your duties to define and cultivate a relationship with our civilisation buddies. Another feature will be to rule over a hoard of somewhat inept spies, how to you feel about using them, will you ever consent to tryin to steal a technology (that is if the huge amount of money required would warrant it).
Old July 11, 2002, 13:33   #59
jdd2007
NationStates
King

i would rather not risk spying too much, but yes, if need be i would agree to steal a tech. however, spying costs insane amounts, and we could probably buy it for less...
Old July 11, 2002, 14:50   #60
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Why you should vote for me-
-I listen to the people and both major parties
-I am active and dedicated
-I have clear views on issues
-I will answer any questions you have
-I am the chairman of a major party, the hawks
-I am honest
-I will work together with other minister when making decisions
-I am decisive
-I will compromise
-I will announce when I wont be able to attend the turnchats, instead of just leaving
-I will appoint ambassadors

Why you might not want to vote for me
-If im elected I wont be able to attend the first few turnchats (but will make arrangements)
-I dont have the technical or graphical skills of my
opponent
-You do whatever Sn00py says to do
-You [I]are[\I] Sn00py
-You hate me and everyone associated with me
-Banana