Old July 6, 2002, 23:32   #31
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 03:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Hmmm. Will either of you pay attention to the fact that an adherent of Jupiter and Mars is among us (you)?

I don't care what colour. I don't care about the civ name. I don't care about the UU. Beer and M&Ms must be served!
Ok.....
Old July 6, 2002, 23:33   #32
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks. I have an alter even.

/Edit. Errrm... That's an altar. Too bad there is no Roman god of spelling. I could use one.

Last edited by notyoueither; July 7, 2002 at 00:47.
Old July 7, 2002, 07:06   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:51
Why bother with amendments? The Constitution is there to stop ppl doing things by accident or design where they shouldn't. If the Historian, Ministers etc have control over their respective areas of influence (which they DO), then there is not a restriction on how they run that area. Thus, a Historian can name a co-Historian, Scribes, whatever, similar to how it is being discussed that Ambassadors can be named by the Foreign Minister.

Plus it's Historian. No-one will be miffed if there're two. Think common sense - not necessarily Constitution-bound.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 7, 2002, 11:26   #34
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Quite. As for how many times I will post, I hope several times before time is up. I was thinking that we could post a history thread that could be made to stick up top, so that it won't get lost. I must be going on holiday for the next week, but when I come back I will get to work.
Old July 7, 2002, 14:57   #35
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Why bother with amendments? The Constitution is there to stop ppl doing things by accident or design where they shouldn't. If the Historian, Ministers etc have control over their respective areas of influence (which they DO), then there is not a restriction on how they run that area. Thus, a Historian can name a co-Historian, Scribes, whatever, similar to how it is being discussed that Ambassadors can be named by the Foreign Minister.

Plus it's Historian. No-one will be miffed if there're two. Think common sense - not necessarily Constitution-bound.
hi ,

, imagine if every minister start to name five aides , ....and Trip a complet joint chiefs of staff , ....there has to be a limit somewhere , ...

have a nice day
Old July 7, 2002, 15:56   #36
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, imagine if every minister start to name five aides , ....and Trip a complet joint chiefs of staff , ....there has to be a limit somewhere , ...

have a nice day
Are you saying historian is equally as important as the Presidential decision and should be treated as such?
Old July 7, 2002, 16:10   #37
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Are you saying historian is equally as important as the Presidential decision and should be treated as such?
hi ,

nope , but read the above post , ...

have a nice day
Old July 7, 2002, 16:14   #38
Nubclear

Quote:

hi ,

nope , but read the above post , ...

have a nice day
I have. But you say that we must impose a limit on all positions, including Historian. But why? Historian does not make important decisions, and having two won't do that much damage as it would in say, a SMC position.

I mean, for most of the first term you didn't even have a historian but no one really seemed to notice. If you are truely equating historian to president, then you should've been one complaining as I'm sure you would if the president stopped posting.

But you did not. Why? Because again, the President position is more important than the historian position.

This post was not directed towards anyone, nor was it ment to offend anyone.
Old July 7, 2002, 16:18   #39
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

I have. But you say that we must impose a limit on all positions, including Historian. But why? Historian does not make important decisions, and having two won't do that much damage as it would in say, a SMC position.

I mean, for most of the first term you didn't even have a historian but no one really seemed to notice. If you are truely equating historian to president, then you should've been one complaining as I'm sure you would if the president stopped posting.

But you did not. Why? Because again, the President position is more important than the historian position.

This post was not directed towards anyone, nor was it ment to offend anyone.
hi ,

ahem , where did panag wrote that there was a limit on historians , .....

what panag wrote is this ; unless there is some control , very soon every office and job is going to have more people then there are citizens , ....

imagine we have 10 historians , ......

have a nice day
Old July 7, 2002, 16:20   #40
Nubclear

Quote:

hi ,

ahem , where did panag wrote that there was a limit on historians , .....

what panag wrote is this ; unless there is some control , very soon every office and job is going to have more people then there are citizens , ....

imagine we have 10 historians , ......

have a nice day
You wrote this:

Quote:
...there has to be a limit somewhere ,
I may be misunderstanding, could you please clarify what you meant by this?
Old July 7, 2002, 16:26   #41
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

You wrote this:

I may be misunderstanding, could you please clarify what you meant by this?
hi ,

okay , listen the picture should be clear by now , ...

> there should be a limit on the number of government places , ....otherwise we gonna have 300 jobs for 250 people , ....

and yes there should be a limit on historians , when they are with four , or ten , that can only get things more conplicated , one , even two , yes , but lets say four , nope that is a bit to large , ...

have a nice day
Old July 7, 2002, 17:29   #42
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 22:51
Quote:

hi ,

okay , listen the picture should be clear by now , ...

> there should be a limit on the number of government places , ....otherwise we gonna have 300 jobs for 250 people , ....

and yes there should be a limit on historians , when they are with four , or ten , that can only get things more conplicated , one , even two , yes , but lets say four , nope that is a bit to large , ...

have a nice day

No need for more than 1 or 2 historians, because - no offense to any - but what does a historian have to do that requires so many?

"Don't use two heads when one will do."
Old July 7, 2002, 17:33   #43
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto

No need for more than 1 or 2 historians, because - no offense to any - but what does a historian have to do that requires so many?

"Don't use two heads when one will do."
If there are two good writers, then obviously if they pool their resources and work together they can come up with much better work.

But I agree, 1 or 2 historians should be fine.
Old July 7, 2002, 17:47   #44
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

If there are two good writers, then obviously if they pool their resources and work together they can come up with much better work.

But I agree, 1 or 2 historians should be fine.
hi ,

thats it , two that combine their resources , but no more , ...

still , would you not say that one can do it also , is it really needed at this time to have two , ....

have a nice day
Old July 7, 2002, 17:48   #45
Nubclear

Quote:

hi ,

thats it , two that combine their resources , but no more , ...

still , would you not say that one can do it also , is it really needed at this time to have two , ....

have a nice day
Well why not? If you have two skilled writers, only good can come of combining them.
Old July 7, 2002, 18:03   #46
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Well why not? If you have two skilled writers, only good can come of combining them.
hi ,

or they can start to get at each others throath , ....

have a nice day
Old July 8, 2002, 00:25   #47
Verto
King

They can very easily become competing with each other over who gets to cover what, how much each gets to write, so forth.

Although a coup de'tat over historian would be humorous...
Old July 8, 2002, 00:27   #48
Nubclear

Quote:
They can very easily become competing with each other over who gets to cover what, how much each gets to write, so forth.

Although a coup de'tat over historian would be humorous...
Or they could write together without conflict. That is also a possibility.
Old July 8, 2002, 00:30   #49
Verto
King

True, of course. Although a coup would sell more papers.
Old July 8, 2002, 00:31   #50
Nubclear

Quote:
True, of course. Although a coup would sell more papers.
Yeah. And considering how were charging a buck a paper....It would be more profitable as well. (Kidding, of course)
Old July 8, 2002, 10:50   #51
Captain
King

Don't worry about the Constitution.

Further, if our Judicial Amendment passes, then if anyone has a problem with two historians, they can bring the case before the courts to determine the Constitutionality.

I doubt anyone will since having two will only serve to improve the recording of our great nation's history.

If it comes to it, we'll use the precedent set by the existence of Ambassadors and assistants to 'allow' it.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 8, 2002, 18:57   #52
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I guess the possibility of disagreements that cannot be reconciled may be the best reason to elect 1. The 1 can then name the other as a 'co'-historian (if that is prefered over 'assistant'). If there were a dispute, then it would be clear who decides it.

However, you two seem eager to embark on this together so best of luck to you.
Old July 8, 2002, 22:03   #53
Timeline
King

I agree with NYE, there should be an elected historian, and that man/woman can choose to appoint an assistant if wanted, or even a "co-historian".
Old July 8, 2002, 22:06   #54
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I will have to disagree. There are no polocy decisions being made in this position, what real disputes are going to arise? Give teamwork a shot! If these disagreements arise, they could always put it up to public vote...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 8, 2002, 22:40   #55
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

How big of a document at the end of the game do we expect to have (Assuming the game goes into the modern age)?

How in-depth will you guys as historians go?

Sell your photos
Old July 8, 2002, 22:41   #56
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
How big of a document at the end of the game do we expect to have (Assuming the game goes into the modern age)?
This cannot be determined considering still in the ancient era.

Quote:
How in-depth will you guys as historians go?
Although I cannot speak for my co historian, I will try to go into as much detail as possible without making it confusing for the reader.
Old July 8, 2002, 23:19   #57
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I agree with Tassader. As much detail as possible, with as little confusion as possible.
Old July 9, 2002, 01:12   #58
notyoueither
Deity

Considering they really can't write yet anyway...