Old July 5, 2002, 20:25   #1
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Presidency of Apolytonia (Campaign Thread)
Welcome to the Presidency of Apolytonia Campaign Thread.

The current candidates are:
Trip (incumbent)
Ninot

Please post if you wish to join as a candidate, or ask questions of the candidate.
Old July 5, 2002, 20:29   #2
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 23:51
Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip! Trip!

oh wait, no spam. better ask a question. ummm

so, what is your position on bananas? i mean, case *color*. who should we attack first? the blue or pink?
Old July 5, 2002, 20:30   #3
jdd2007
NationStates
King

[seriously, which one]
Old July 5, 2002, 20:53   #4
Ninot
Emperor

That's Right! Ninot's back, and hes hungry!

I would like to officially state that I am running for the Presidency of this fine nation.

Trip has done an excelent job with the first term of this nations government. But he ran unopposed. I want to give you, the people, a second choice.

If you kind people were to give me your vote for President, I would promiss to keep us on a track to both glory and prominance. We must continue on this path we are on, and we must not let any distractions get in our way. As a war is on the horrizon, if I were elected to the Presidency, I would urge the approriate ministers not only to continue military production, but to also lend industrial support to our men in arms.

We must dimminish the hinderance of this jungle, but we need not do it in the one time we must be united in the cause of war.I would hope that we could assure our SMC the propper tools and the propper ways to assure victory.

As the outgoing Foreign Minister, and with my mind still heavily on that matter, the people can be assured that I will work with the Foreign Minister as well to keep our reputations universally high, and to get ourselves the technology we need to get us ahead in the world. Right now, in our time of need, we will need to turn to our neighbors to keep us neck and neck with them. We must keep these relations in good condition so that we may always be neck and neck with them, untill the time comes when we will surpass them, as we surely shall.

But above all, the people will always come first among my concerns. Decisions by a government elected democractically, and in the virtues of democracy, should come by group decisions. We should keep united under this banner of democracy, and advance under it as not one, but as many, with all of our opinions seperate, and with all of our decisions met threw thoughtfulness and debates by the people.

Although I do hold democracy highly, I must state that when it comes to immediately making decisions, I would hope that you, the people, can come to expect your government to make some decisions on its own. Although you can expect your government to request your thoughts on most issues, when a turnchat comes to pass, I dont believe a poll on every single little thing is neccesary. I will not advance the idea of polls for if a warrior of ours comes to a fork in the road. You are electing an SMC to make this decision for you, and if I were to be elected President, I would allow my ministers to do their jobs as is neccesary.

To finnalise this post, I must state that even though I am among the ranks of the Democractic Industrialist Party of Apolytonia, and therefor a dirty no-good peacenik, at this time in our nations evolution, I agree the only course is war. I am not in the middle ground right now, I am full out stating that we MUST choose an opponent, and shed some blood. But, as a member of the DIA, I must state that we can do this the best way possible, and that is to build our nation in a war-driven mentality, follow the intellectual plans of our better war-makers, and make sure our nation does not suffer before the war, during the war, or after the war.

With the propper tools, we will endure now and later. I hope to bring you these tools. If you want us to control our own destiny, and if you want a propserously pleasant tommorow, count your vote for Ninot.

P.S. In the hopes of honorability, I would like to keep this campaign, and thus this thread, free of flame or anything of the likes. This is about the matters, and what matters count to you, and to us. Trip is an excelent candidate, and I request anyone who supports (or doesnt support) myself does not flame him in any way shape or form. And I can only beg you allow the same for me. Thankyou

Last edited by Ninot; July 5, 2002 at 20:59.
Old July 5, 2002, 20:54   #5
Ninot
Emperor

In my opinion, the blue make a better opening target.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:26   #6
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Competition eh?

Alright then.

Independent Intelligent Voter: "Why should I vote for you?"

Well, not because I 'play' the game well... anyone can listen to people yell at him in mIRC and punch buttons (okay, not EVERYONE ). So that's not a good reason. Vote for me for my agenda on certain things? Well, no, not the most important reason... after all, the President's main job is to play the game, not make decisions that impact the play. That's the job of the ministers. Of course, the President's input on certain things is always important, but not so much as the ministers, and the actual voting public.

Independent Intelligent Voter: "Okay, I know why not to vote for you, so why should I vote for you then?"

Because I'm active. Because I get things done. I'm not going to run on the whole "I want perfect balance of science, military, production, blah blah blah, we will make money under my leadership, blah blah blah, I support Plan Blue" because that will probably be the agenda of every canidate in every election. I will not bore you with that. What I will tell you is that I do things as President. Who is submitting most of the amendments? Who has gotten most of the threads at the top stickied. Who has CREATED most of the threads at the top that have been stickied? Who made the first website to report things to the people?

Independent Intelligent Voter: "Ohhhh, so that's why I should vote for you then huh?"

You betcha. Any primate can punch buttons and post the save file... I think that the role of President means much more than that: and I've been trying to prove that through my first term. In a year, when the Demo game is still going strong, I hope people look back at things and say "Wow, look at all this guy did to try and make the game better that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't of been President." That is what I'm trying to do. That is why I feel you should vote for me.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:32   #7
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To both candidates :
How will you dispatch gold among ministries ?
How often will you poll ?
How long turnchats will last under your rule ?
How much work will you give to the VP ?
Are you going to be more active, as active, less active than last month ?
Old July 5, 2002, 21:34   #8
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Independent Intelligent Voter: "Okay, I know why not to vote for you, so why should I vote for you then?"

Because I'm active. Because I get things done. I'm not going to run on the whole "I want perfect balance of science, military, production, blah blah blah, we will make money under my leadership, blah blah blah, I support Plan Blue" because that will probably be the agenda of every canidate in every election. I will not bore you with that. What I will tell you is that I do things as President. Who is submitting most of the amendments? Who has gotten most of the threads at the top stickied. Who has CREATED most of the threads at the top that have been stickied? Who made the first website to report things to the people?
I would like to state my opinion on this topic.

You did create many and most of the polls for election, and for many and most of the decision making polls that werent made by ministers concerning their affairs.
However, to that effect.

Anyone may have popped on that one faithful night, and posted all of the election threads (that got topped). As for the ammendments, it is very good of you for submitting them, but making ammendments does not a president make. As you have said, a Presidents job is to play the game.

And above all... "Who made the first website to report things to the people". I ask, who first THOUGHT of a website to report things to the people? And, to that extent, who indeed followed up with a website of his own once he got the time (to that effect, for his own office).

As president, I feel I could do any of the tasks Trip has accomplished. Creating polls and getting threads topped is not a magical ability. Anyone can do it. And I intend to do it, if it becomes my responsibility, and if indeed there is a need for a thread to be topped.

For the purposes of debate, I ask you Trip, will you be an even better president if you are the person to once again post all the election polls?
Old July 5, 2002, 21:38   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:51
Will you be able to devote the time necessary to do a good job for the time of your term? Or will managing your estates, shopping for slaves, or some other preoccupation (RL) take you away from us?

2nd question, for the important positions... What levels of difficulty have you regularly won Civ3 at?
Old July 5, 2002, 21:40   #10
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
To both candidates :
1: I will dispatch gold as neccesary. FM and Trade will be my higher priorties, as tech trading is important right now, and we need gold to make that workd

2: I will poll whenever is neccesary, and that is whenever it seems prudent. I will not over poll, but I hope not to disregard an issue at any moment. To that effect, I hope to make the most efficient polls possible, so no need to re-poll is evident

3: Turnchats will last as is convenient. As became apparent, sometimes they close because too many ministers have to leave, or because the Prez or VP cant make things work enough. I dont want them to be too long, as more decisions will be made every turn now, so each turn must be well thought out. I suspect on the whole turnchats will be groing shorter(turns-wize). I cant fight this trend, but I hope to get things done in them, and to only close them once great polling is needed

4: If ever i can't keep up to a turnchat, or live on the threads like I should, I will immediately admit so and turn over my workload to the VP. I will most definately not allow a turnchat to be execively delayed because I am not available. I would instruct the VP to take my place as he sees neccesary.

5: I know I was a bit sidetracked at the end of my term as FM, but that was a problem outside of my hands really. I see myself as more active with this new term, as I will have more duties to perform, and no video card problems to hold me back. I will have enough time for these duties, as I know as FM, I was always looking for something to keep me occupied, but never really had anything. In the presidency, i think I will always be occupying myself with the wellbeing of the nation.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:42   #11
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Not as much my job, but what I support is that we strive to maintain a strong tech lead (if possible). Gaining gold is pointless in the long run if we fail to possess the ability to use it for improvements/units/etc.

Quote:
Whenever the need arises. I'm not going to say "I'll poll 5 times a week" because we may need more, we may need less. Again this area is probably more suitable for the individual ministers regarding individual topics.

Quote:
Between an hour and an hour and a half depending on what is going on. We may end sooner if something important comes up, i.e. we go to war with America, etc.

Quote:
I will always run by my proposed amendments, etc. by the VP first when possible. I will rely more on him to help me in my reports, and I will have most of the stickied threads, etc. updated by him from now on, if I'm elected.

Quote:
I suppose that's a question for me. I feel that my effort last month is more than acceptable (except for my internet going down, but that's not my fault ), so I'll probably do about the same work, except where the VP will take over.

Quote:
Will you be able to devote the time necessary to do a good job for the time of your term? Or will managing your estates, shopping for slaves, or some other preoccupation (RL) take you away from us?
Of course. I'll be around as much as I was last term, which seems to be what most of the people are happy with.

Quote:
What levels of difficulty have you regularly won Civ3 at?
Most of the time I play at Monarch, simply because the AI has a little edge, but it's not outrageous where you have to use 'cheat strategies' which take advantage of the AIs weaknesses to defeat it. However, I've played at higher difficulties with much success before as well.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:45   #12
Robber Baron
Prince

I particularly appreciate the fact that the communication issue is on the table here. Competence and skillful planning represent important facets of the President's job. But communicating the game to the citizenry in a way that brings it alive is equally important. Trip started nicely in this regard -- his website is a great tool (though now it's out of date ) And he's given a lot of time to the forums.
We need that effort to continue.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:48   #13
Robber Baron
Prince

Where do each of you stand on relocating our capital?
Old July 5, 2002, 21:48   #14
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Robber Baron
I particularly appreciate the fact that the communication issue is on the table here. Competence and skillful planning represent important facets of the President's job. But communicating the game to the citizenry in a way that brings it alive is equally important. Trip started nicely in this regard -- his website is a great tool (though now it's out of date ) And he's given a lot of time to the forums.
I agree to that, but I must simply remind you that anyone could have accomplished what Trip did in the forums, and to see exactly what that website was about, you must merely check out whos idea it was at the top of that website, and then check out my website the foreign ministry to see that I can accomplish the same task (please remember my video card fried between the creation of the website and the next turnchat, so i havent been able to update it yet)
Old July 5, 2002, 21:50   #15
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
I would like to state my opinion on this topic.

You did create many and most of the polls for election, and for many and most of the decision making polls that werent made by ministers concerning their affairs.
However, to that effect.

Anyone may have popped on that one faithful night, and posted all of the election threads (that got topped). As for the ammendments, it is very good of you for submitting them, but making ammendments does not a president make. As you have said, a Presidents job is to play the game.

And above all... "Who made the first website to report things to the people". I ask, who first THOUGHT of a website to report things to the people? And, to that extent, who indeed followed up with a website of his own once he got the time (to that effect, for his own office).

As president, I feel I could do any of the tasks Trip has accomplished. Creating polls and getting threads topped is not a magical ability. Anyone can do it. And I intend to do it, if it becomes my responsibility, and if indeed there is a need for a thread to be topped.

For the purposes of debate, I ask you Trip, will you be an even better president if you are the person to once again post all the election polls?
Is it special? That depends. Most people wouldn't want to do it. That's why you don't have 15 people running forward to be President. With power comes responsibility to use that power. That's what the office of the Presidency allows me to do more easily than someone who "may have popped on that one faithful night."

I do more than 'top threads' and 'post polls'. I put a lot of effor into everything I've done, starting discussions, bringing up new issues that haven't been addressed yet, and using my position as Presiden to help move things along. Do you think most people would deem it acceptable if member number 210 comes by, then the next day posts the elections? So far no one has said "hey, why is this guy doing all this stuff?" simply because I'm the President. They see it as an acceptable part of the job, as long as I'm fair in what I do. I'm not promoting my ideals though what I do, I just do it because as President, I fell I should. Being President gives me the initiative to get things done when otherwise, others wouldn't be able to.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:50   #16
Ninot
Emperor

I think relocation of the capitol will eventually be the best idea. But before we have any ideas of doing so, we must ensure that we have a nice place to move it to that wont be boxed in (if that happens, we have more war to get to, eh?).

I think Apolytons current place is pretty bad. To not move it is a bad idea in the long run. But i think we must secure our nations place in the world first, and THEN think of streamlining things by relocation. I dont picture such a thing happening in this upcomming term tho.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:53   #17
Jon Shafer

Quote:
I appreciate your views of my efforts. Should I be elected, I promise everything that has been previously, will be over the next term as well. I plan on updating the site once Linney updates me more on what went on while my internet was down. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Where do each of you stand on relocating our capital?
I feel that eventually, once we have more cities, and more of the jungle cleared, then a capital relocation will be necassary. However, I don't see that issue coming up during the next election. But if it does, then I feel that the jungle must be cleared and a firm infrastructure erected first, before such a consideration is considered.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:53   #18
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
I just do it because as President, I fell I should. Being President gives me the initiative to get things done when otherwise, others wouldn't be able to.
So, in a way, you admitt that any other motivated person could accomplish the communitave tasks you have done (which are, i must admitt, VERY well accomplished).

All I am getting at, for the common apolytonian to realise, is that as president, I aswell could do just what Trip has done. All it takes is the job title and motivation.
Old July 5, 2002, 21:57   #19
Jon Shafer

Quote:
So, in a way, you admitt that any other motivated person could accomplish the communitave tasks you have done (which are, i must admitt, VERY well accomplished).

All I am getting at, for the common apolytonian to realise, is that as president, I aswell could do just what Trip has done. All it takes is the job title and motivation.
Could they? Of course. Have they? No.
So far, the President has. And the reason that's been happening is because of my incredible motivation to help set this game up and get things going, and my ability to use that motivation through my office. I've used my title to help get things done. If anyone could have done the things I've done, then why didn't you opt to do that kind of stuff the first month?
Old July 5, 2002, 22:03   #20
Robber Baron
Prince

Here's another question:
Is it important to have both the UFC and the DIA points of view represented in the ministry at the highest levels. Do both of you feel you're good at working constructively with the other side? Trip, has having a DIA vp worked well? What would happen if one party captured both offices, plus most of the others?
Old July 5, 2002, 22:06   #21
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Here's another question:
Is it important to have both the UFC and the DIA points of view represented in the ministry at the highest levels. Do both of you feel you're good at working constructively with the other side? Trip, has having a DIA vp worked well? What would happen if one party captured both offices, plus most of the others?
I feel that most ministers have been very agreeable and mature, UFC and DIA alike, which makes administrating much easier. Linney has been a lot of help ('cept for his turnchat running skills ) and I'm glad we can work well together without letting our different political parties get in the way. I feel that as long as intelligent, well-meaning people are in the ministries, their party doesn't matter as long as everyone can get along without interfering with the progress of the game.
Old July 5, 2002, 22:12   #22
Ninot
Emperor

I argue that if any other person chose to be president first month, they may have had the same motivation to do such actions

I argue that, not to your offence Trip, but I think that you are not unique because you did what you did. You are unique because of your title. Many other members of the nation could have accomplished the same. They did not, that does not make them less of anything, or less of a candidate for anything. They just need the title to do what they will. As you have said, you feel it is a duty for the president to do such things. Others may feel if they were president, they would do such things, but YOU are president, so you will do such things.

As for why I did not run for President the first term, and will now?
How am I to explain why I didnt run for for president exactly? There are a number of reasons. I ran for Foreign Minister, at the drop of a hat. This was against a campaigner who was against everything I held dear in that office. And as I recall, you only applied to be a presidential candidate in the first term, AFTER i applied for Foreign Minister. When I applied, no one had applied for the Presidency yet. This is interesting.

I could have been the first applicant for president. Even before you Trip. Just check out the application we both signed onto. I didnt. You signed on first, and no one opposed you. Might I have signed on for the Presidency if I knew you would go unnopposed? Probably. Is that what I am doing now? Most likely.

Now here is a quesiton I hope you have just as much fun chewing on. If any other candidate were to oppose you NOW, would you take the very same stance on them? Would you also ask them "why did you not oppose me last month"? and would you state "I am a better candidate because I topped threads, contributed greatly to the forums and..ahem, cant say much about that guy"

i know, those quotes are ridiculous, but im makin a point.
Old July 5, 2002, 22:24   #23
Jon Shafer

Quote:
I argue that if any other person chose to be president first month, they may have had the same motivation to do such actions
They may have. But there was no 'they'. That's not my fault, I can only vouch for my own actions, not those of others.

Quote:
I argue that, not to your offence Trip, but I think that you are not unique because you did what you did. You are unique because of your title. Many other members of the nation could have accomplished the same. They did not, that does not make them less of anything, or less of a candidate for anything. They just need the title to do what they will. As you have said, you feel it is a duty for the president to do such things. Others may feel if they were president, they would do such things, but YOU are president, so you will do such things.
How are you unique then, might I ask? Am I unique? Maybe not.. I'm sure out of 5 billion other people we could find someone with more motivation than me. But the fact remains that I do have that motivation. And people know that. I have a month behind me to prove that.

Quote:
As for why I did not run for President the first term, and will now?
How am I to explain why I didnt run for for president exactly? There are a number of reasons. I ran for Foreign Minister, at the drop of a hat. This was against a campaigner who was against everything I held dear in that office. And as I recall, you only applied to be a presidential candidate in the first term, AFTER i applied for Foreign Minister. When I applied, no one had applied for the Presidency yet. This is interesting.
I didn't ask why you didn't run for President the first month, I asked you why you didn't take the actions I inquired about. After all, if any person could have the motivation, then why does you not running for President matter...

Quote:
I could have been the first applicant for president. Even before you Trip. Just check out the application we both signed onto. I didnt. You signed on first, and no one opposed you. Might I have signed on for the Presidency if I knew you would go unnopposed? Probably. Is that what I am doing now? Most likely.
As I stated before, you running for President previously is not the issue.

Quote:
Now here is a quesiton I hope you have just as much fun chewing on. If any other candidate were to oppose you NOW, would you take the very same stance on them? Would you also ask them "why did you not oppose me last month"? and would you state "I am a better candidate because I topped threads, contributed greatly to the forums and..ahem, cant say much about that guy"

i know, those quotes are ridiculous, but im makin a point.
Again, the issue is not who has run for President, and who hasn't: the issue is what I have done as opposed to what others haven't done. After all, you stated that it doesn't take a person to be President in order to do the things I've done, but no one has nevertheless. Anyone with motivation is capable of such things... and yet they haven't.
Old July 5, 2002, 22:43   #24
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
They may have. But there was no 'they'. That's not my fault, I can only vouch for my own actions, not those of others.
As you have stated

Quote:
So far no one has said "hey, why is this guy doing all this stuff?" simply because I'm the President. They see it as an acceptable part of the job, as long as I'm fair in what I do.
If people wanted to argue that it wasnt the presidents place to do what you did, they would have. They didnt. To that effect, the PEOPLE argued you were doing exactly what you should have.

If, as Foreign Minister, I posted threads regarding issues such as ammendments having NOTHING to do with my office, does that look good? No, and such can be evidenced when a few people had choice words for Johnny when he posted a thread about the IE, when he hadnt won that possition yet.

People have felt you are doing your job. And, from that, I can logically deduct that what you have done has come to be the standard, but because no one else has done it does not mean you are the exception, it solely means you were the only President elected, as you so aptly put it when saying
Quote:
But there was no 'they'

Quote:
How are you unique then, might I ask? Am I unique? Maybe not
I have not stated specifically that I am unique. I will now, however, state I am unique in that my name is Ninot, i am here, occupying this space that no one else occupies. What I brought to question was "How unique is Trip for doing what he is so proud of". My theory is, you are NOT spectacularly unique for what you have done. That does not deminish what you HAVE done, but it simply states that what you have done can be accomplished by others if they are given your job, and that the tasks you have accomplished arent grounds to argue over, simply because no one has had the opportunity to hold your position other than you... as you so aptly put it:
Quote:
But there was no 'they'
I Have two quotes now, both from Trip

Quote:
If anyone could have done the things I've done, then why didn't you opt to do that kind of stuff the first month?
Quote:
I didn't ask why you didn't run for President the first month, I asked you why you didn't take the actions I inquired about.
As you put it, no one, including me, has occupied themselves with what you did this first month, because no one has had the burden of the presidency. To be president, is to have the responsibilities you have. What you did has now become respectably known as the Presidents duties, not Trip's duties. If I were elected President, I would do the very same. Would you argue that we should NEVER vote you out simply because you have a history of doing things no one else wants to do? I argue that no one else wants to butt in on your duties, and it is undemocractic to expect to win solely because you are the only precident so far.

Quote:
Again, the issue is not who has run for President, and who hasn't: the issue is what I have done as opposed to what others haven't done.
Trip, I cannot say what you have done is less worthy than it is. It has been extemely helpful. But I ask you now, Should you run unopposed because not a single person has done what you have done?

I say no! I question your thoughts here. Like i said, i think people let you do what you did because they figured "hey, hes president, must be his job". If Citizen 211 came out and did everything you did, id expect massive flaming. You were able to do such duties unopposed because of your job position. Im saying perhaps it is a rightful duty to the prez, but im also saying you arent any more speacial cuz no one else decided to jump on the train.
Old July 5, 2002, 23:07   #25
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Quote:
If people wanted to argue that it wasnt the presidents place to do what you did, they would have. They didnt. To that effect, the PEOPLE argued you were doing exactly what you should have.
Interesting change of opinion there.

Okay, so now that we've established that the President does have a few jobs expected of him aside from playing the game, I simply state that I can vouch for no one but myself, since, as you have pointed out, no one has ever held this position before. I can only tell people that I plan on doing the same thing as I've done the first month. If people deem that as acceptable and desireable, then they will vote for me. If not, then they won't. Telling people "I can do something just as good as so-and-so" isn't the best agenda when you're actually running against "so-and-so".
I ask this question not as your competitor, but as a citizen of Apolytonia... unless you can do something more than the status quo, then why should I vote for you?
Old July 5, 2002, 23:16   #26
Ninot
Emperor

Im gonna just quote the thing I shoulda quoted all along, just to point out i have NEVER been indecisive or wishy-washy

Quote:
I posted that between the two quotes you just provided.

It was in the context that, if you did it, I can do it, and I WILL do it if elected president. And as we have come to the conclusion, it is very well the presidents duty, not just anyones

But I hope this isssue dies pretty soon. Its been beat to death.

So Im just gonna respond to your question.

I think i would make the BETTER candidate, cuz as I have stated, Not only can I do what Trip has done, but I have proven I have the innovation to go beyond that, as I proved when I popped the very first idea of a website. In the future, it is very well possible simmilar great ideas will hit me like a thunderbolt, and that is a very good reason why I will prove to be a very good president.

Also, you must not forget that the Forum aspect of the President is not the only one, and that it is not the only aspect to debate on. Although the other realm (turnchats, whatever) cant differ much in candidates, it IS something to debate.
Shall we debate it?
Old July 5, 2002, 23:19   #27
jdd2007
NationStates
King

all these long posts are confusing me. could you each one post that sums up everything u have said?
Old July 5, 2002, 23:24   #28
Ninot
Emperor

to sum up the debate?

I can do everything Trip has done, and probably more. Just because he has done it first does not mean he is the only one capable.

oh, and we established everything Trip has done is now the presidents job, not Trips speacial bonus.
Old July 6, 2002, 00:35   #29
Jon Shafer

Quote:
I think i would make the BETTER candidate, cuz as I have stated, Not only can I do what Trip has done, but I have proven I have the innovation to go beyond that, as I proved when I popped the very first idea of a website. In the future, it is very well possible simmilar great ideas will hit me like a thunderbolt, and that is a very good reason why I will prove to be a very good president.
How have you proven to be better than me? Anyone can come up with the idea to have a website, you don't have to be President to do that... that's nothing particularly impressive. It was a good idea, yes, I'm not doubting that, but that doesn't instantly mean you're Presidential material you know. Any other reasons why you would be the better canidate than me besides that?

Quote:
Also, you must not forget that the Forum aspect of the President is not the only one, and that it is not the only aspect to debate on. Although the other realm (turnchats, whatever) cant differ much in candidates, it IS something to debate.
Shall we debate it?
Alright. The turnchats I've hosted have gone very smoothly, and I managed to handle what occured when Skywalker went awol and the whole thing was about to end. However, I opted to continue, and we got a few more turns in. Also, my website is always updated (now that I'm back, of course ), and includes as much information as possible without being tacky or distracting. It may not be the prettiest thing (damn you Sn00py!), but it does its purpose, and that's what it was made for. My actions are proven, and accepted. What will you do that is better?
Old July 6, 2002, 00:42   #30
Jon Shafer

Quote:
to sum up the debate?

I can do everything Trip has done, and probably more.
Says you.

Quote:
Just because he has done it first does not mean he is the only one capable.
But it does prove that I am 100% capable.

Quote:
oh, and we established everything Trip has done is now the presidents job, not Trips speacial bonus.
No need to get huffy now.

I've done a lot more than most people would. What if someone else had had the job and did less? Would that be the standard? I'm not elevating myself above anyone else who is capable of what I've done, I just think I've done more than most would, that's all. No one even ran the first time. Why? Don't ask me. Maybe they weren't willing to put the time into doing the job correctly. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe they just didn't want to do it.

Jdd2007, the entire conversation has basically been Ninot saying "I can do everything that Trip can do", while I reply "If you only do as much as I already have, then why not vote for a proven canidate instead?"