Old July 6, 2002, 01:12   #1
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Would it be possible...
for Poly to host a sub site for the Democratic games?

Some of us are wondering since the powers that be (in the game) want to provide more information to the members than can be contained in threads.

There is already a movement afoot to host these sites elsewhere. I maintain that the game should be kept 'within the family' so to speak.

I'm not sure of the mechanics of the deal. I'm just asking if it's possible, or likely (to be more accurate).
Old July 6, 2002, 12:28   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 04:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
The sites we want to host must...
1) Exist and have some kind of recognition among the Civ community (we will make exceptions if there is a great idea behind the site).
2) Are frequently updated (at least once a week).
3) Have good, unique content. In general, the sites must have something new to offer.
4) Are well designed, both in matters of aesthetics and HTML coding.
http://apolyton.net/about/hosting.shtml

Might work...
I think CFC might have something to say about it though
Old July 6, 2002, 15:37   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Good news then.

The sites are popping up elsewhere, so I guess they exist already. They get updated frequently since the games are ongoing.

As for unique... I don't know of too many loony bins where an attempt is being made to play Civ3 at a difficult level with a truely dreadful position and all the lunatics get a say.

Ah yes, well designed. Sn00py had a go at a design. It looks sweet. So that base seems covered too.

As for CFC... Oops, my bad. I suppose I should have specified the Poly demo games.
Old July 8, 2002, 03:51   #4
notyoueither
Deity

Tap, tap, tap... Well?
Old July 8, 2002, 19:23   #5
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 23:52
NYE:

Have either yourself or another designated representative(s) email me with the details of your request with the subject line "Submission For Hosting" and we will take the discussion from there.

---------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old July 8, 2002, 21:25   #6
notyoueither
Deity

Thank you Dan. I'll let Trip know.