Old July 8, 2002, 16:08   #1
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anybody here play Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption? (manual question)
Well, I was at Best Buy recently, and I was looking through their bargain bins. It annoys me that now you can get Planescape: Torment for 10 bucks packaged along with another game, but whatever, I suppose it's nice that it's still in circulaiton. Still, the one thing that makes me not feel too sorry about getting it for 20 bucks was that I got the big manual, cards, etc.

Anyway, I saw both Civ: CTP and Vampire for 10 bucks, and while tempted to get CTP to give it a try, put in Celestial Dawn's mod, etc., I thought "na, I want something prettier and something with less brainless strategic AI." It was also still in "the box."

Imagine my surprise when inside this great huge box was... a CD. That was it. Nuttin' else. And I heard that Vampire had a great manual too.

Anyway, I've been reasonably good at figuring out what to do myself, with one major exception... casting scrolls. This is kind of important, because the "Walk the Abyss" scroll from what I understand is basically a TP scroll, which could come quite in handy right now (I'm right before Mercurio).

So does anyone know where a manual would be online (already checked the Underdogs, not there), or simply know how to cast scrolls?
Old July 9, 2002, 01:16   #2
SnowFire
Emperor

Never mind. Figured out how to do it myself. Still, it'd be nice to see the manual.

I will say that the game is turning out to be a bit more dungeon-hacky then I expected. Well, whatever. It's still pretty decent.
Old July 13, 2002, 19:26   #3
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Isn't the manual on the CD in pdf format?

SG[1]
Old July 14, 2002, 00:33   #4
SnowFire
Emperor

Yah, well that's the funny thing... there's a folder on the CD called "Manual" but all that's in it is a credits.html file that's only, erm, credits.

Still, I'm pleasantly surprised. The game is a good bit better than I expected. And for being dungeon hacky, it doesn't fall prey to the main weakness of such hybrids- the dungeon hacks are kept to a reasonable length (not too long), so I can keep on seeing the plot, which is well-done.

In London now.