Old July 11, 2002, 20:46   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turns of Teamgame #2
This is a smac game

Players, in turn order, are:

Gaians - Ados ( stringres@yahoo.com )
Hive - knowhow2 ( lawalan@hotmail.com )
UoP - Lonestar_jpm ( jensjendricke@hotmail.com )
Morgan - Dilithium Dad ( pre@po.cwru.edu )
Sparta - FlameFlash ( flameflash@mac.com )
Peacekeepers - Comstr ( Comstar@optusnet.com.au )

Believers - Miriam Godwinson, playing as herself

Large map, Transcend level, average everything, all five winning conditions activated, plus look first, spoils of war, no Unity survey and no random events.

Seed pods do not produce technologies nor AA's

The Empath Guild has been disabled, and the Believers have the Planetary Datalinks

Standard Apolyton tourney rules apply.

2101 has been sent to Ados and passwords to all.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Googlie
Old July 11, 2002, 21:19   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

About TG-2 in general

All start positions are equal, with access to special resources, monoliths, seed pods, etc.

The Empath Guild has been disabled. It is a gamebreaker Secret Project in team games (I think it should be disabled in all team games)

The Believers have no land access to any of the six of you (at present - in one playtest I did manage an earthquake event that conveniently opened a corridor for her)

A word about Miriam

She should be a builder with a mean streak if I have tweaked successfully

She will be powerful, but not overpowering. I started her with her 3 bases built (mainly so that I could give the base governors their orders)., so she will have a headstart on all six of you who will need to move your colony pods around before founding your second and third bases.

In an earlier playtest I gave 2 pops and rec commons and perim defenses in these 3 starting bases, but she became overwhelming very early on, so now she has no faciltiies and only size 1 bases.

She has the Planetary Datalinks, so when 3 of you are probed and infiltrated (or pact with her) remember that she'll get any tech that the 3 of you have.

Finally she has a handful of strategically placed crawlers that wehn she gets the prerequisite tech will kick in a mid-game energy boost to her coffers. These crawlers have been earmarked as "objectives" (so that she won't just use them to explore, as other AI have done when I haven't been so specific) and are "lurking" so that you shouldn't see them unless you physically try to enter that square with a unit (I'm not sure if they appear if Miriam enters that square with one of her units)

I hope she will prove tough to take out - I also hope she doesn't go on an all-out evangelical holy war against all and sundry.

Apolyton Tourney Rules (amended for teamplay games)

PBEM specific rules/restrictions on exploiting bugs:

> Multiple reloading of the game to try for different effects is forbidden. If a reload is necessary because of a game crash etc., an explanation should be posted to the turn administration thread.

> Multiple drops or orbital insertions using the right-click menu is forbidden. So is airdropping from outside a base/airbase, or after having moved (except on a magtube) using the same method. Using the 'i' key when you want an airdrop means you will automatically comply with these restrictions.

> Inserting Stockpile Energy into the build queue after a military unit is forbidden.

> If a player employs a tactic that causes a state of vendetta, they are not allowed to "accept" a pending diplomatic agreement with that faction in the same turn, causing a change in diplomatic status or the transfer of energy or knowledge.

> If an aggressive probe action (anything except infiltration) is used on a faction with whom you have a truce, treaty or pact, you must select 'Declare Vendetta' in the dialog box that appears afterwards, and notify the victim of your transgression, unless you have received permission in advance. No notification is required in other cases.

> Upgrading units with the design workshop is allowed at end of turn only. However, supply crawlers upgraded in this fashion can still be used to advance Secret Projects in the same turn.

> Teamgames: Communications between pacted factions or team-mates is allowed from the start. No restrictions.

> Social engineering choice limited to one switch per line per turn. (no flip-flop within turn!)

> Psi units cannot be assigned multiple point patrol routes (avoid instant demon boil bug!)

> Whenever the planetary council is called, the caller (or the first player to vote if the AI calls it) should post a notification to the thread, including vote totals (if applicable) and who has already voted for what. The other players should post how they vote.

> Each game is initiated by a CMN who is not participating in that particular game. The CMN assigns a unique password to each player, emails it to them and sends out the first turn to the first player. If a player is away/offline/unable to play for over 72 hours, he/she must notify the CMN and the other players of the game about this and request the game to be postponed for a fixed time period. Otherwise, if a player does not respond to the game turn within 48 hours (without prior notification and postponing of the game), then the CMN will enter the game in place of the player, and at the option of the other players, either obliterate all bases and disband all units or turn the faction over to the AI. Alternatively, a replacement player may be found. If more players drop out similarly, then the last player is automatically declared to be the winner of the game.

> No base trading with the AI. Extortion is allowed.

Have fun

Googlie

Last edited by Googlie; July 12, 2002 at 08:22.
Old July 11, 2002, 21:35   #3
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 22:09
Sounds like fun! The Spartans are ready for war!

(subbing to thread.)

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old July 11, 2002, 23:06   #4
Comstr
Prince

Local Time: 04:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A *very* good introduction Googlie. Thanks. Waiting for turn.
Old July 12, 2002, 01:33   #5
Ados
Settler

Local Time: 20:09
2101 sent to knowhow2.
Old July 12, 2002, 02:37   #6
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 05:09
turn to my comrade, Lonestar
Old July 12, 2002, 02:40   #7
knowhow2
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
About TG-2 in general

I hope she will prove tough to take out - I also hope she doesn't go on an all-out evangelical holy war against all and sundry.

Googlie
Lets hope she DOES gon on an all-out holywar

Great set up Googlie,and once again thanx.
Old July 14, 2002, 18:55   #8
knowhow2
King

great start, don't you think
Old July 14, 2002, 22:30   #9
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

yeah... haven't even see a turn yet...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old July 15, 2002, 10:03   #10
knowhow2
King

any ideas?
Old July 15, 2002, 10:19   #11
FlameFlash
Emperor

That somebody just went on vacation while others most likely haven't even noticed there's a new thread yet.

Old July 15, 2002, 11:27   #12
DilithiumDad
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 23:09
Hi! Anybody seen the turn yet? Or is it sill in the planning stages?
Old July 15, 2002, 11:32   #13
FlameFlash
Emperor

I haven't seen a turn yet, but rumor has it that the turn has been sent.

Old July 15, 2002, 16:51   #14
Ados
Settler

I've played my turn and looks like knowhow2 has as well. So next up should be Lonestar, who hasn't posted since the 11th. Anybody know where he is?

Edit: Oops, said FlameFlash instead of knowhow2.

Last edited by Ados; July 15, 2002 at 19:53.
Old July 15, 2002, 18:03   #15
knowhow2
King

I have resent the turn to him at least 2 twice
Old July 15, 2002, 18:06   #16
Googlie
Emperor

I've e-mailed LS to see what's up

G.
Old July 15, 2002, 23:05   #17
FlameFlash
Emperor

turn just recieved... will play shortly

Old July 16, 2002, 00:59   #18
Comstr
Prince

Local Time: 04:09
Turn Sent.
Old July 16, 2002, 13:20   #19
Ados
Settler

2102 sent to the Hive.
Old July 16, 2002, 20:02   #20
knowhow2
King

turn to lonestar
Old July 16, 2002, 20:26   #21
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 23:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

A word about Miriam

--snip--
She has the Planetary Datalinks, so when 3 of you are probed and infiltrated (or pact with her) remember that she'll get any tech that the 3 of you have.
--snip--

The PDL doesn't require infiltration. That requirement is only for the dataangels' (or similar custom faction) techshare ability.
Old July 16, 2002, 21:30   #22
FlameFlash
Emperor

So that means Miriam will just stay nice and even with the top three factions tech-wise... nice.

Old July 22, 2002, 20:07   #23
Ados
Settler

No posts in almost a week...anyone know where the turn is now?
Old July 23, 2002, 03:25   #24
knowhow2
King

stuck at the same place as last time.......
Old July 23, 2002, 09:23   #25
FlameFlash
Emperor

I take it that's lonestar?

Should there be calls for a sub or replacement? LS, what's up? This is unfair to LS's team-mate...

Old July 23, 2002, 15:27   #26
knowhow2
King

well that's me.
Old July 23, 2002, 17:44   #27
FlameFlash
Emperor

*nods* What do you think should be done then, knowhow?

Old July 24, 2002, 06:00   #28
knowhow2
King

I'll be out of town between 25th and 30th. During which no turn will be played since I don't have access to computers. Sorry Real Life

So lets give him a few more days?

Last edited by knowhow2; July 24, 2002 at 06:21.
Old July 24, 2002, 09:29   #29
FlameFlash
Emperor

yeah... but when you get back maybe we should ask googlie to find somebody else to take his spot... or else just restart, I mean... I've only seen one turn!

Old July 31, 2002, 13:32   #30
knowhow2
King

I'm back and really someone to replace would be in place by now?