Old November 13, 2002, 14:36   #331
Alibaster
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Just my two cents... if austria was beaten fair and square then she's ripe for the pickin's... turn her over to AI unfortunately... it would be nice though if someone could come in and make it less of a steamroll though.
Old November 13, 2002, 14:58   #332
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Alibaster
Just my two cents... if austria was beaten fair and square then she's ripe for the pickin's... turn her over to AI unfortunately... it would be nice though if someone could come in and make it less of a steamroll though.
I agree 100%, and I stand to gain from AI control! But think about it who would want to play Auastria now? That is what Darius and I debated in our PM's back and forth yesterday. And the last thing he and I wanted was for this thing to bogg down again or die.
Old November 13, 2002, 18:02   #333
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09
Agreed, I would be all for someone playing if someone was crazy enough to take them.
Old November 14, 2002, 04:59   #334
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Yup, Austria is in my opinion too much of a factor to be just ripped apart Besides I’m worried you might get out a little bit too powerful after you shared Austrian provinces among you

Spain votes for a neutral Austria (let the AI play if further) or let’s find another man

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old November 14, 2002, 06:22   #335
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Just so you know, Russia, Prussia, and France were all going to attack Austria anyway, even with a human player. They could not possibly have survived such an onslaught, so a human vs. AI is not much of an issue, only a matter of how long they last.

Perhaps I should clarify, the reason I said what I said wasn't to say we should wait, my point was that no one will want the civ. No one will want the civ, and meanwhile I will absolutely not accept just having the AI take over and keep peace with it, so the only real option is to partition it.
Old November 14, 2002, 09:47   #336
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Just so you know, Russia, Prussia, and France were all going to attack Austria anyway, even with a human player. They could not possibly have survived such an onslaught, so a human vs. AI is not much of an issue, only a matter of how long they last.

Perhaps I should clarify, the reason I said what I said wasn't to say we should wait, my point was that no one will want the civ. No one will want the civ, and meanwhile I will absolutely not accept just having the AI take over and keep peace with it, so the only real option is to partition it.
I agree with Darius, if this PBEM boggs down Im gone. I hate bogged down PBEM's. And this Scenario requires extensive diplomacy, if the Austrians had done that ,this might not have happened. No accusations here just the facts. So we have a less than desireable situation because CIVFAN dropped and IMHO this is the only way to continue and save the PBEM.
Old November 14, 2002, 13:02   #337
Choke
Prince

Local Time: 20:09
Galvatron you play Austria, I think you're removed from the situation enough to play with Austria's best interests in mind.
Old November 14, 2002, 17:20   #338
Alibaster
Chieftain

Sounds like a good idea.
Old November 14, 2002, 18:15   #339
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Its Bump time, we going to play or talk. I dont have a problem with Galvatron playing if that is what he wants to do, I just want to get moving!

Thanks
Old November 14, 2002, 19:16   #340
Galvatron
Prince

Yup, Ok I can play Austria too on the condition that you will not declare war on me in the next turn an ripe me apart. Well if you do, Spain will declare war to all of you

Old November 14, 2002, 19:53   #341
Galvatron
Prince

Casablanca captured.

Old November 14, 2002, 19:55   #342
Galvatron
Prince

And I forgot the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1804_mar_sp.zip (57.2 KB, 1 views)

Old November 14, 2002, 23:45   #343
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron
Yup, Ok I can play Austria too on the condition that you will not declare war on me in the next turn an ripe me apart. Well if you do, Spain will declare war to all of you
I might be convinced to hold off but the AI already attacked France and he attacked back and Prussia already started a war so it may be difficult to get them to stop................
Old November 15, 2002, 02:36   #344
Choke
Prince

Chancellor von Chokenblatt would like to anounce that Prussia will crush Spain like the worthless insect it is.

Last edited by Choke; November 15, 2002 at 03:35.
Old November 15, 2002, 02:43   #345
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Well there still will be with France, so it seems pointless for Prussia to make peace and waste the opportunity.
Old November 15, 2002, 07:20   #346
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I think Im going to be nice and hold off attacking for at least 5 or 6 turns, that way Galvatron will have time to get prepared. Heaven forbid if he had to deal with a sneak attack. That wouldn't be very polite.

Galvy you got one turn, and in the mean time I assume you are going to offer me something to keep me from attacking.
Old November 16, 2002, 16:17   #347
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

BUMP!

I believe it is Great Britians Turn is it not?
Old November 17, 2002, 12:49   #348
Alibaster
Chieftain

Give me a min... putting on the final touches.
Old November 17, 2002, 17:32   #349
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Alibaster
Give me a min... putting on the final touches.
Ya OK, I just want to remind everyone that I admitted upfront to being an atrocious BUMPer
Old November 17, 2002, 18:14   #350
Alibaster
Chieftain

Takes a little fire on the behind to get moving sometimes.

Not many notable events... eager to see how events unfold in Austria. Hamburg will be evacuated next turn.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1804mar_brit.zip (61.0 KB, 1 views)
Old November 18, 2002, 10:32   #351
Choke
Prince

Berliner Zeitung
Liberation of Austria Going Ahead as Planned
German forces have occupied Prague and Munich. It is expected that Budapest, Kosice and Salzburg will be liberated soon.

Kanzeller Expresses Regret Over Spanish Idiocy
Herr ReichsKanzeller Chokenblatt has expressed his regret that Spain must be crushed, but due to Spanish arrogance and needless support of the outlaw Hungarian state Spanish independence can no longer be tolerated. Herr Chokenblatt is quoted as saying "I congradulate Napoleon on the capture of Madrid now for I will most likely not speak to him again before it falls. It is a matter of weeks, not months or years, before Madrid flies the red, white and blue."

and the turn:
Attached Files:
File Type: zip german1804mar.zip (59.1 KB, 1 views)
Old November 18, 2002, 10:39   #352
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Galvatron

You are still playing Austria correct? My suggestion is to separate playing the two, dont do something Spain might regret just because Austria is going down the tubes. Just a friendly suggestion before this gets out of hand.

Old November 18, 2002, 10:45   #353
Choke
Prince

con, log on to yahoo messenger
Old November 18, 2002, 17:35   #354
Galvatron
Prince

Reinforced Budapest and Kosice. Counterattacked at Olmutz and Vienna. I will not let you take over Austria that easy. I've no intention to bring Spain into it.

Furthermore there is a very good understanding between Spain and France so there will be no Napoleon capture Madrid. And Choke I've no idea why you are overly aggressive against me but I can assure you that should you start a war against Spain, France will not help you but will surely be on my side in defending.
Attached Files:
File Type: net au1804may.net (252.0 KB, 1 views)

Old November 18, 2002, 17:50   #355
Choke
Prince

"Ok I can play Austria too on the condition that you will not declare war on me in the next turn an ripe me apart. Well if you do, Spain will declare war to all of you"

Why did you say this then???
Old November 18, 2002, 23:32   #356
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Choke
"Ok I can play Austria too on the condition that you will not declare war on me in the next turn an ripe me apart. Well if you do, Spain will declare war to all of you"

Choke, I got a feeling Galvy came to his senses.......
Old November 19, 2002, 02:32   #357
Choke
Prince

Me too, but I wanted him to understand why I said what I said.
Old November 19, 2002, 06:48   #358
Galvatron
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Choke

Hmm good question? Ok and here is the answer:

Come on, do you really believed I would declare war to all the other players? How long would I last: one or two turns?

So to sum it up:
It was a Choke..ähh..joke. It was a joke. It was a joke. Don't be so serious. "Happy people, celebrate good times, come on"

Old November 19, 2002, 06:51   #359
Choke
Prince

Ok, ok I thought it was serious, in fact I thought Spain, Britain and Austria were all going to attack France, me and Russia.
Old November 19, 2002, 10:48   #360
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Bucharest Captured! As the Russians decide to join the feeding frenzy in Austria the ancient capitol of the Bulgars was captured and liberated from the corrupt and inept Hapsburg so called Empire.

Russian commander Ivan Knapzov called the seige a pushover. The corruption in the Hapsburg regime is leading to total chaos in production for the Austrian nation. Im sure they have a few tricks up there sleeve but it is only a matter of time before they are completely engulfed.

A secret trade mission delivered St Petersburg manufactors to the Swedish capitol of Stockholm. Lots of $. And the great Russian empire is now at a trade surplus thanks to the smugglers efforts.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russiaapoly1804may.net (252.0 KB, 2 views)