View Poll Results: Who should be our next President?
Trip (UFC) 73 48.99%
Ninot (DIA) 76 51.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 12, 2002, 18:02   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election: President
This is the election for our President.

Query:
Who should be our next President?

Candidates:
Trip (UFC)
Ninot (DIA)

End:
5 Days, July 16th 2002
Old July 12, 2002, 18:03   #2
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Why I feel I should be President of Apolytonia:
I have the definite experience of the job, and I know how things have been run. I helped create the system we have currently, I know it inside and out. I'm a dedicated, hard-working individual who puts hours every day into making this game a better place. Basically: I know what's going on, what the problems are, and how to fix them. If I'm reelected, then that's what I will have the chance to do.

Why I want to be President of Apolytonia:
I feel that it is my mission here to help guide our nation into the future. I’ve already begun helping to form the foundation of this country, defined this job, and done more than my part to set things up. I wish to continue to do that, until we are firmly founded, and Apolytonia can look to the future.

Good luck to all candidates. May we run and serve with honor!
Old July 12, 2002, 20:47   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why should you vote for me:

Well I am a candidate who has proven his worth in another office. Given the opportunity, I will meet and most likely surpass your expectations. I will put all of my efforts into making this game the best it can be. And that will be good, very good.

What will you get that you might not already have?

A vote for Ninot is a vote for a pleasant tommorow, which means I am very easy to work with. I am a great listenener and i never shoot down an idea before its worth can be heard. To that point, I respect everyone on these forums and am pleasant enough to work with that working with the president will be easier with me.

The perks?
As Timeline has pointed out numerous times, we can work EXTREMELY well as a team. With him as VP, and me as President, you can be guaranteed constant chatting about how to get this nation into a better state of being. And with this team, you can be guaranteed a constant fluidity both on the forums and most definately in turnchats.

Last edited by Ninot; July 15, 2002 at 12:08.
Old July 12, 2002, 20:52   #4
Kuciwalker
Deity

I think that a change of leadership now would do nothing but harm, though I believe both candidates are equally qualified.
Old July 12, 2002, 21:16   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:13
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I think that a change of leadership now would do nothing but harm, though I believe both candidates are equally qualified.
A change in leadership, IMO, would do nothing but good. I know that Ninot is equal to Trip, if not better, and I firmly believe that we should give him a chance.
Old July 12, 2002, 21:37   #6
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:13
Just to be different, I think a change of leadership would do nothing but good and bad. But I'm for it anyway.
Old July 12, 2002, 21:43   #7
Citizen Kane
Settler

I wish I knew how parties are organized
Old July 12, 2002, 22:06   #8
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Citizen Kane
I wish I knew how parties are organized
You should join one and find out .

The DIA is very organized http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=53703
Old July 12, 2002, 22:08   #9
Kuciwalker
Deity

Citizen Kane - they're not.
Old July 12, 2002, 22:11   #10
LordImpact
Warlord

Don't listen to Timeline. He's a DIA whore
Old July 12, 2002, 22:16   #11
Kuciwalker
Deity

LordImpact - do you still say that you don't vote along party lines?
Old July 12, 2002, 22:19   #12
LordImpact
Warlord

I was just joking. That's why theres a wink at the end.
Old July 12, 2002, 22:30   #13
Edrix

I wish I had been around longer, so I could make an informed choice, but I guess reading the Presidential Campaign Thread will have to do...

Old July 13, 2002, 00:05   #14
Flip McWho
Warlord

Local Time: 16:13
this'll prove whos party has the most clout probably, what with it being UFC vs DIA. so far its DIA but it might change.

Bet's nebody.
Old July 13, 2002, 00:08   #15
Ninot
Emperor

Like I have said previously, I would rather this be an election for the candidates rather than the parties.

If people wanna vote for parties, I cant stop that. But Its more degrading to ALL party-member candidates if they are only being voted for because they belong to a group.
Old July 13, 2002, 01:41   #16
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 22:13
I agree. Consider Kramerman a stoic Independent who will excercise his right to vote with excessive authority... in other words ya gotta buy this vote like a three-legged whore my friends, a three-legged whore.

Kman
Old July 13, 2002, 01:47   #17
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
I agree. Consider Kramerman a stoic Independent who will excercise his right to vote with excessive authority... in other words ya gotta buy this vote.

Kman
*Cracks his knuckles*

In that case....

As has been said previously, I have the experience to do the job. I have the motivation. I'm running for President because I feel that it is my obligation to continue to help constructing the foundations of this nation. Also, we are in a very critical time here. I feel that the only way a smooth transition can take place is if our executives stay the same. Pressing times are in the near future, and we need to keep things rolling on the same track, and not try to shift them over to another one in mid stride.
Old July 13, 2002, 01:47   #18
Ninot
Emperor

Three legs? does that go for an extra $50?

Consider this. I almost WENT independant. I value nothing more than an independant mind. Party politics are destructive truly. What we need the most is constant debate and fresh ideas, not people afraid of losing their party's support before the next election.

If you vote for me, I guarantee you that I will work for every person in this nation, not just my party or my agenda.
Old July 13, 2002, 02:04   #19
Timeline
King

Ninot BY FAR appears to be the most balanced and promising candidate here.

We have had trouble with our current President making and playing all our turn chats, so a change for the better would be welcome.

Also, Trip is a diehard Partymonger. I know Ninot, I talk with him all the time. He doesn't put up with party crap. He is one of the most rational and reasonable people I know, he would make an excellent leader!
Old July 13, 2002, 02:16   #20
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Ninot BY FAR appears to be the most balanced and promising candidate here.
Why Linney, I'm surprised you'd say such a thing.

Quote:
We have had trouble with our current President making and playing all our turn chats, so a change for the better would be welcome.
You mean, the President isn't supposed to schedule and play the game during a turnchat. No one told me. A pity we all voted on the time and date of the turnchats. I'm such a dictator, neh?

Quote:
Also, Trip is a diehard Partymonger. I know Ninot, I talk with him all the time. He doesn't put up with party crap. He is one of the most rational and reasonable people I know, he would make an excellent leader!
Since when was I a diehard partymonger? I've voted for 3 or 4 DIA candidates this time, simply because I felt they were better, or more qualified. Can you actually prove what you say, or is it just another random attack? Just because you don't talk to me (all you do is try to poke fun in a manner that attacks me, hiding your meaning in it), doesn't mean that I'm not an fair or honest person. Your attacks are unecassary and clearly biased.
Old July 13, 2002, 02:28   #21
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Also, Trip is a diehard Partymonger.
Pot, meet kettle... Your crew are beginning to give parties a bad name.
Old July 13, 2002, 02:29   #22
Kramerman
Prince

Look, I see that you are both highly qualified candidates, so, as the tie breaker... the first one to wire mean 100 dollars american in untracable digital code (and maybe an extra $50 for, uh, you know what ) will when my honost vote

Kman
Old July 13, 2002, 02:30   #23
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
Look, I see that you are both highly qualified candidates, so, as the tie breaker... the first one to wire mean 100 dollars american in untracable digital code (and maybe an extra $50 for, uh, you know what ) will when my honost vote

Kman
Sorry, I can only pay in bananas.
Old July 13, 2002, 02:39   #24
Timeline
King

Quote:
Why Linney, I'm surprised you'd say such a thing.
Why? You know how I feel about Ninot, I like him alot and I think he will do a better job. It's just my opinion, but I am entitled to it.

Quote:
You mean, the President isn't supposed to schedule and play the game during a turnchat. No one told me. A pity we all voted on the time and date of the turnchats. I'm such a dictator, neh?
Not at all. Perhaps you misunderstood my intent. You missed about 4 turnchats or so, did you not? That's all I was talking about.

No offense, and I understand things come up, I just want to see if Ninot can do it better, that's all.

Quote:
Since when was I a diehard partymonger? I've voted for 3 or 4 DIA candidates this time, simply because I felt they were better, or more qualified. Can you actually prove what you say, or is it just another random attack? Just because you don't talk to me (all you do is try to poke fun in a manner that attacks me, hiding your meaning in it), doesn't mean that I'm not an fair or honest person. Your attacks are unecassary and clearly biased.
Mainly based on your comments. You have admitted to being a party monger in the past, why bother hiding now?

I'm not trying to toss dirt here. I simply stated my opinion of being in favor of Ninot and now I am accused of being biased based on parties.

I am biased toward Ninot, as an individual, not party, because I talk with him in chats and believe he can do an excellent job . . .

No need to get upset or disgruntled.

Last edited by Timeline; July 13, 2002 at 02:49.
Old July 13, 2002, 02:43   #25
Kramerman
Prince

Jesus! what is this, an IM we got going here. Don't you guys sleep or something. God knows I dont...

Kman
Old July 13, 2002, 04:23   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Hm. Not a topped poll, unlike all the others.

And I agree with nye in another thread - the one place that should be sacrosanct and free of party politicking is the polling booth; namely here!

Can we look into this in the future? Politics can be fun, but it gets tiresome if you DON'T want to read all this repetitive nonsense and find it is EVERYwhere.

C'mon people. How hard is it to have a campaign thread for this? That way, when you come here, it is only to vote or for the candidates to restate their objectives.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 13, 2002, 04:33   #27
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

Oh, and whoever said the people couldn't be wrong, Trip?

If elected, I hope both candidates are willing to look into the reasons not all that many turn up to the turnchats. This may be good in order to find out whether there is a time reason, or whether it is just the normal waning of interest, and thus whether anything can be done about it.

/me hopes for an hour earlier, on different days: ANYTHING

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 13, 2002, 04:34   #28
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Why isn't this thread stickied?

Edited: To make more sense.

Last edited by Nubclear; July 13, 2002 at 04:42.
Old July 13, 2002, 05:28   #29
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 14:13
I move that campaign discussions be outlawed from official election threads.
Old July 13, 2002, 06:47   #30
Timeline
King

You probably all realize this, but it was Trip who began aggressively campaigning first, thereby driving Ninot to do the same.

I was just stating my views as a voter in this poll, which most other citizens do also.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
I move that campaign discussions be outlawed from official election threads.
Don't just say it. If you really feel strongly this way make a discussion thread about it followed by a poll.