View Poll Results: Who should be our next President?
Trip (UFC) 73 48.99%
Ninot (DIA) 76 51.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16, 2002, 23:45   #301
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
That would be cool. We would need to design a flag, cause I don't think we have one. Definately be interseting from a role playing point of view.
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=54356

Old July 17, 2002, 00:01   #302
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 22:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
/me bows to Trip.

You have done the nation a great service sir. Your return to an office would be welcome by many in the future.

Please stick around.
Old July 17, 2002, 00:03   #303
Kramerman
Prince

Why do you have those mad faces, Trip? Your flag won. I don't know how I missed that big 'ol poll...must 'o been my momentary retardation again.

Kman

P.S. nice flag, I agree with wervdon that we should be able to declare it our country.
Old July 17, 2002, 00:16   #304
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Just trying to get your attention Kman, don't worry.
Old July 17, 2002, 00:25   #305
Kramerman
Prince

I thought you were pissed off at me.
In an effort to stay on topic, what are you gonna do now that you have conceded defeat. Still interested in politics, or you just gonna be one with the citizenry? Any ambitions, ideas, or hopes?
Old July 17, 2002, 00:27   #306
Jon Shafer

Quote:

I thought you were pissed off at me.
In an effort to stay on topic, what are you gonna do now that you have conceded defeat. Still interested in politics, or you just gonna be one with the citizenry? Any ambitions, ideas, or hopes?
I always have a bit of ambition in me, but for now I think I want to work on some scenarios now that the editor is coming out. However, I'll try to finish up my amendments in the meantime.
Old July 17, 2002, 01:22   #307
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:13
Congratulations to Mr. Ninot, our president elect, and all his cabinet too. A brave bunch of comrades! We are in very good hands. And congratulations to Mr. Trip, too, he did a great job!
Please, Mr. Trip, stay around! We need your experience, to help us in our way to glory and victory!! Mr. Ninot certainly will agree with my request.

And now... let's play ball!

BTW, nice flag, Mr. Trip. I want one!
Old July 17, 2002, 01:26   #308
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip

I always have a bit of ambition in me, but for now I think I want to work on some scenarios now that the editor is coming out. However, I'll try to finish up my amendments in the meantime.
Trip, I must thankyou for your gracious actions during the election. You have conducted yourself wonderously.

And I have only one request of you.. please make some good scenarios while im stuck in this job.. i especially wanna see what ya do with your North America map
Old July 17, 2002, 01:38   #309
Kramerman
Prince

Congratulations Poindexter! uh.. I mean Ninot! You are now my President. Is it a coincidence that everyone I've voted for has won their election? I think not! I am clearly a prophet, perhaps on the level of Mohomud al Amin, or maybe even Jesus!

Anyway, that was a helluva election. Do stick around Trip. I would like to mention one more time how I think you conducted yourself quite nobelly in these last tulmultuos hours of your reign.

Kman
Old July 17, 2002, 01:47   #310
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sn00py
Next time, those who vote must also post saying who they voted for.
What happened to secret ballots? Some people vote, but never post. Why should I have to post that I even voted? How are you going to ensure this happens?

I am not going to say who I voted for. I would say that I won't say whether I voted or not (I did) but then people would assume that I hadn't.

If you want to lower the number of people voting in polls, then one of the best ways is to institute this requirement.

We need a voting amendment: Who can vote. When they must join the community to be able to vote in a poll. A way of only allowing citizens to vote, or barring that, have a way of crosschecking that all votes are by citizens and deleting any non citizens, if non citizens are not allowed to vote. What happens in the case of a tie. Since the current Codes of Laws (aka Constitution) is super vague on these issues.

I thank the candidates in this issue for acting responsibly.
Old July 17, 2002, 02:20   #311
HRuquet
Chieftain

We Need a Third Pary!!
Old July 17, 2002, 02:37   #312
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Several attempts have been made, but shot down and ridiculed by those who fear losing power or changing the status quo.

There was the UFC before it combined into one party: the Hawks, Imperialists, etc. There was the Independent Party, the Communist Party.
Old July 17, 2002, 03:08   #313
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:13
Quote:
Is it a coincidence that everyone I've voted for has won their election? I think not! I am clearly a prophet, perhaps on the level of Mohomud al Amin, or maybe even Jesus!

Kman

/me cleans his bow and arrow, puts away his copy of "Archer in the Rye" and leaves to track down the Kman...

An incredible election - the most exciting election I have ever heard of! That is no mean feat. At least one set of polling I go through in July is exciting! (elections in NZ in 10 days)

Ninot - congrats, you will do us all proud as you have shown the ability to be a great President. I am watching the threads expectantly for the major influence you will have on the direction of the game.

Trip - we couldn't have asked for a better person to start us all off. Your hard work and efforts have set the standard that will, if adhered to, show us through everything that this game could conceivably throw at us. I hope now you have lotsa time to post from the other side of the Government - it will be fun to see you in action without having to worry about things.

Remember, to misquote Jim Ross about Chris Jericho - you are the first ever Civ3 Democratic game President we had, and no-on can ever take that away from you.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; July 17, 2002 at 03:20.
Old July 17, 2002, 04:19   #314
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 06:13
Well done, Trip!

Congratulations, Ninot!
Old July 17, 2002, 04:25   #315
Decimus
Settler

Good job too both a of you and congratulations to Ninot.
Old July 17, 2002, 04:33   #316
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 05:13
I do not recognize Ninot as president. He won like Bush in elections 2000. I did not play in this game much, I only voted, but now Im out definitly.
Old July 17, 2002, 04:35   #317
Jon Shafer

What a party this would be if I end up winning the election anyways.
Old July 17, 2002, 05:11   #318
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 04:13
Well, with 146 voters it is hard to believe that there could be any more, especially since the election over at the Imperial Expansion office only has 100 voters !!
Old July 17, 2002, 06:29   #319
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 06:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
I do not recognize Ninot as president. He won like Bush in elections 2000. I did not play in this game much, I only voted, but now Im out definitly.

Well, good bye to you then. Have a nice life.
Old July 17, 2002, 06:45   #320
Papa Chubby
Warlord

I don´t see the correlation between the 2nd presidential election of the Civ3 Democracy game and the presidential election in the US in 2000. There was a problem certainly, but that is apart of the appeal of the game. The building up of your own society, with its own rules, certainly based upon existing models, but nonetheless our own. Perhaps I will just settle for joining Guardian in waving you goodbye.
Old July 17, 2002, 07:06   #321
Kuciwalker
Deity

What if, when MarkG subtracts the nonmember ballots, we find that Trip won?
Old July 17, 2002, 07:24   #322
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
What if, when MarkG subtracts the nonmember ballots, we find that Trip won?
I don't think it'd matter after trip conceded.

All the constitution currently says about elections is under the polling stuff, and this is how it says the winner of a poll (option or candidate) are selected:

Quote:
Poll Format:
Each official poll MUST include either a ‘yes/no’ format, or a ‘group’ format, where similar options are grouped together, where the winning option within the group with the most votes is the official winner. The only time these formats do not have to be followed is in true multiple-choice polls, i.e. ‘Which Civilization should we be: Egyptians, Persians. Etc.’ In these cases, a simple ‘yes/no’ or ‘grouping’ poll does not suffice.
The election poll would be a group format poll, it just says the option with the most votes win. But since Trip has more or less said he's no longer an option, that would mean that Ninot automatically has the most votes of the valid options.

Of course, I guess someone could try to challenge it as being an invalid poll under the fairness and neutrality clause...I don't see why anyone would since Ninot was the only other option anyways and either is going to have the most votes or very nearly have the most votes.

I don't personally like how that works for elections, but its our "law" currently as best as I can understand it, but it hopefully won't be our law come the next election
Old July 17, 2002, 08:10   #323
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Isn't the poll closed yet???
Old July 17, 2002, 08:25   #324
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Congrats to Ninot, and Good Luck.

Thanks to Trip, for helping us avoid a very potentially sticky constitutional crisis, and us with no court to arbitrate.

Now, lets get this court in place.
Old July 17, 2002, 09:38   #325
Papa Chubby
Warlord

Why should we detract the votes of the non-members. We have never stated that you would have to be a member to be able to vote. If this is something we want, then we need to put this into the election amendment III proposed by Trip. Also believe that winning by majority should be more clearly defined, as there were alot of people supporing co-presidency based upon one vote deciding being somehow unfair.
Old July 17, 2002, 11:30   #326
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
I am very sorry you feel this way. Trip and I both worked together to find the best sollution to this hoopla, and we tried things people didn't like, but they were honorable. It was Trip's ultimate graciousness that met this decision, and I am truly sorry you would be so upset about it.
Old July 17, 2002, 12:38   #327
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Lol
Came back from a few days break to see the whole election system falling apart.

Many thanks to trip for conceding.

Suggest any result of subtracting non-members not be annonced and all this be put behind us.
Old July 17, 2002, 12:42   #328
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Congrats Ninot. Please enjoy all the hard work and short hours you will have for the next month. (kinda makes you wonder if you won or lost....)

Thank you Trip. Your graciousness in this situation shows how honerable you are.

On with the game!

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 17, 2002, 12:46   #329
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Re: Election: President
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
This is the election for our President.

Query:
Who should be our next President?

Candidates:
Trip (UFC)
Ninot (DIA)

End:
5 Days, July 16th 2002
What is happening? Today is July 17th 2002 and the poll still counting votes??
Old July 17, 2002, 12:48   #330
Jon Shafer

Re: Re: Election: President
Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
What is happening? Today is July 17th 2002 and the poll still counting votes??
Okay okay, so I was a day off, give me a break here.