View Poll Results: Who should be our next President?
Trip (UFC) 73 48.99%
Ninot (DIA) 76 51.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 17, 2002, 12:54   #331
Papa Chubby
Warlord

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We did exactly that Trip Enjoy
Old July 17, 2002, 14:37   #332
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 22:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My earlier statement of declaring myself a prophet was unfair and unjustified. Iw ould like to appologize to all those offended by my obtuse and inconsiderate statements. Mrwhereitis seemed most upset by my remarks.
Was he more upset by my Mohomud remark or my Jesus one? Hmmm, I think I now know how to push his buttons....

Kman
Old July 17, 2002, 18:01   #333
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 00:13
Trip that was indeed very gracious, and I'd like to congratulate on your excellent first term, the game is definitely better thanks to your efforts.

Congrats Ninot.
Old July 17, 2002, 19:17   #334
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 05:13
Well... I voted to Trip and I think it is not good when he agree to defeat only because Ninot had a small advantage over him... I feel like my vote dont not mean anything.... I belived that Trip should be a president and I dont see any reasons to step back and give Ninot a presidency without fight... Many voters and supporters wanted Trip to be a president... Why he step back and said "Im out of this election" I dont know... One thing is sure - Ninot won this election only because Trip has no will to fight for his rights and he is president not because people wanted him to be but because of scandalic system of voting.

I saw that when Trip had equal amount of votes with Ninot, then suddenly Ninot had another votes supporting him... I think Ninot won this election because he used black powers and not clean campaign... I think moderator should look on votes and determined which are casted rightfully and which not.

Im very dissapointed that presidency of Apolytonia decided not in democratic way... This is a democracy game... not conspiracy game.
Old July 17, 2002, 19:31   #335
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
Well... I voted to Trip and I think it is not good when he agree to defeat only because Ninot had a small advantage over him... I feel like my vote dont not mean anything.... I belived that Trip should be a president and I dont see any reasons to step back and give Ninot a presidency without fight... Many voters and supporters wanted Trip to be a president... Why he step back and said "Im out of this election" I dont know... One thing is sure - Ninot won this election only because Trip has no will to fight for his rights and he is president not because people wanted him to be but because of scandalic system of voting.

I saw that when Trip had equal amount of votes with Ninot, then suddenly Ninot had another votes supporting him... I think Ninot won this election because he used black powers and not clean campaign... I think moderator should look on votes and determined which are casted rightfully and which not.

Im very dissapointed that presidency of Apolytonia decided not in democratic way... This is a democracy game... not conspiracy game.
Er.....was that a joke?
Old July 17, 2002, 19:34   #336
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
Why he step back and said "Im out of this election" I dont know...
Everything was going to hell and since elections are a month a part the dispute could last a couple weeks. That would have really hurt the game.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 17, 2002, 20:59   #337
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

uh, absentee ballot?

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old July 17, 2002, 21:48   #338
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Luk, I dropped out of the race because the entire system was starting to crash down. Could I have been a better President? Maybe. Could I have won the election? Also a maybe. But that's not why I conceded. I felt with the chaos going on it was more my responsibility to save things from falling into total disorder, rather than continue to pursue the office of President. Ninot will do a fine job, and we have nothing to complain about.

Besides, you'll all be rewarded with my Civil War scenario.
Old July 17, 2002, 22:10   #339
Captain
King

Trip, looked for the link in the Gazette, but it said the page was missing. where is the civil war scenario? creation forum?
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 17, 2002, 22:15   #340
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=56094.
Old July 17, 2002, 22:17   #341
Captain
King

thanks! got it.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 17, 2002, 22:22   #342
Kramerman
Prince

EDIT: never mind

Last edited by Kramerman; July 17, 2002 at 22:31.
Old July 17, 2002, 22:26   #343
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Luk

Although I have no proof of anything in any way (other than the fact that a mod has already publically stated there were no DL's in the voter's list), i feel very sorry for how you feel.

However, I must let you know that I myself did absolutely nothing to rig this election, and I made sure no one around me did either. In the final stages, when it always seemed to be tied, Trip and I very happily tried to meet a medium that might be more pleasant than what looked like a funny vote, but no one liked that idea. Trip VERY graciously bowed out, and I thank him for it, while I am sad he is no longer president.

But the last thing we need is two weeks of protesting in the forum because a few people feel jipped. Im sorry you feel this way, but what am i supposed to do now, resign because 2 or 3 people honestly feel like i am a voodoo majician who rigged the election?

I can't let that happen. I will work my hardest to make sure we get a better elections process, but I won't allow a few renegade citizens who are rebelling for the sake of it to get in the way of my term in office. Thats not healthy for anyone.

IF everyone thinks I rigged this election, then i dare this majority to show themselves. Untill then, I will work for the nation.
Old July 18, 2002, 05:16   #344
Luk
PtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 05:13
Well... I wonder why Ninot did not step back... Maybe because he fanaticly wanted to be a president and he would even destroy the game then loose in this election.
Old July 18, 2002, 05:35   #345
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
Well... I wonder why Ninot did not step back... Maybe because he fanaticly wanted to be a president and he would even destroy the game then loose in this election.
I take it that this is not a joke....

Maybe he didn't step down because yeah, he wanted to be president. I mean, it's a perfectly ligit reason.

To me, it sounds like your trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, because you do not support Ninot and you do support Trip.
Old July 18, 2002, 06:50   #346
mtgillespie
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
Are you saying you would have accepted a decision where Ninot stepped down and Trip was president?
Old July 18, 2002, 08:28   #347
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I think the main reason is that Ninot was leading for most of the leection, whether or not there was cheating.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 18, 2002, 09:57   #348
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Luk
I dont know WHY you are opposing me so heavily, I can think of many better things to do than obsess yourself with me, and Im sorry you feel you have to.

But when Trip decided to step down, it was cuz I had something like a 6 vote lead (one of the biggest so far in the election)

What am i supposed to do, step down after a 6 vote lead? That is VERY undemocratic, as has been pointed out in several possible ammendments. I did everything in my power to keep this election fair, and it annoys me to see some people are thinking that I would be petty enough to cheat.
Old July 18, 2002, 13:27   #349
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

This is one reason I oppose partisan politics.

Ninot won, by 3 votes, with 51%+ of the votes. Our Constitution does not currently define who can/cannot vote. Let's move on. Realizing, of course, this won't change the minds of those who feel cheated.

Trip doesn't have a problem with it. I had no problem waiting to see the polls close to decide the winner, and if there was a tie, deal with it then. It is interesting to note no response in reference to:

Are you saying you would have accepted a decision where Ninot stepped down and Trip was president?

Esp. since Ninot did win the vote. I don't have strong feelings for either Trip or Ninot, so I didn't have a stake in who won: Other than that person being our leader for a month.

Have you proposed or supported an amendment to change the voting?

I personally would like to see a voting amendment change (sorry if I missed it) that would include the following: Who can vote, is there a time limit on signing up before an election; how do you handle when 2 people share one computer in what would appear to be a DL (example husband and wife using cable modem ISP, which would show as DL in the system). Notice I haven't taken a stand on which way the issues need to be handled, just that they need addressing.
Old July 18, 2002, 22:04   #350
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=56003

Thats the election reform ammendment drafting convention thread that I started a day or two back, it already has a several replies but has sort of fallen off the radar temporarily pending the final approval of the court and hearing from Markos what he can do with regards to only allowing members to vote in polls on this forum/other solutions. Its still a good place to put your election reform ideas down though so they can be considered before someone tries to do a final draft of the ammendment for approval.