View Poll Results: Who should be our next President?
Trip (UFC) 73 48.99%
Ninot (DIA) 76 51.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 14, 2002, 16:22   #61
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1 vote...c'mon people, vote for the people! vote for ninot!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 14, 2002, 16:29   #62
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 23:13
Kramerman.. i admire you greatly, supergreatly!
the character with your namesake who was on Seinfeld was the best character ever.

If I should win, I would personally have a website built in your honor.

Oh, and you can have as many Apolyton Banana's as you wish.

Old July 14, 2002, 16:46   #63
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 22:13
I see... you certainly know the spot to rub . Kramer is my childhood hero, second only to Homer simpson (I thought Kramerman had a better ring to it than Homerman ). However, civman's little thing about voting fo the people and doing whats right touched my heart. Maybe I've gone soft, or maybe that slip in the shower knocked something back into place, I know what I must do, and I must do it alone. That thing I must do is not to vote, however, if that is what you were thinking, for I have already voted, long ago. I was just trying to milk some favors, but hadn't that idea until after I cast my vote.

Rest assured, however, I did vote the peoples way...

Kman

P.S. Though I have become an honorable man, if you would syill like to make the website in my honor and give all yhe banans I could ever want, that would be great too. I did vote for you after all .
Old July 14, 2002, 17:05   #64
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 05:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Jeez... 50/50. And I just made it even? This can become exciting...
Old July 14, 2002, 17:08   #65
Ninot
Emperor

Plague rat, you are a plague, lol

Just to restate my campaign, if you vote for me, you WILL get a very dedicated leader capable of keeping the ship together in the forums.

And I will keep the turnchats on time, and make them more convenient for all!
Old July 14, 2002, 17:12   #66
Will 5001
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 04:13
What happens if there is a draw? We can't really have a repoll with exactly the same question, the people have spoken, so what will happen if it finishes on 50/50 (which it isn't now!)?
Old July 14, 2002, 17:15   #67
Ninot
Emperor

The newly elected ministers will have a vote. Just hope THAT one doesnt tie as well.
Old July 14, 2002, 17:42   #68
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 05:13
Sorry Ninot, I regret. I should have voted for you! Ooops, too late... (I'm an awful plague, mohahaha)
Old July 14, 2002, 19:09   #69
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 00:13
Don't worry plaguerat, we'll just count your ballot as "dimpled" We all know that you intended to vote Ninot, it's just that those butterfly ballots can be so darned confusing.
Old July 14, 2002, 19:42   #70
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
The newly elected ministers will have a vote. Just hope THAT one doesnt tie as well.
Actually, at the moment there is no way to deal with it. That's why I wanted to get the election amendment through before the elections started.
Old July 14, 2002, 19:58   #71
Ninot
Emperor

its finnaly been topped? cool

Remember folk, voting for me is voting for a friendly guy!
Old July 14, 2002, 20:02   #72
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Thank you Ming!

And remember everyone, a vote for me isn't a vote for a friendly guy, but a capable and competant President.
Old July 14, 2002, 20:19   #73
Captain
King

wow. dead heat.

Seeing how Timeline is so opposed to Trip and so supportive of Ninot, I am looking carefully at how the VP election pans out.

Hmmm... this is one of those cases where I wish that the Presidential runner-up became VP... Niot and Trip, that might make a good team. Enough opposition in viewpoint to make sure issues get thoroughly hashed out, but respectful enough to each other that government doesn't get bogged down unnecessarily.

Can I say the same for a Timeline-Trip combo? or a Timeline-Ninot combo? Or an Apolcalypse combo with either?
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 14, 2002, 20:19   #74
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Thank you Ming!

And remember everyone, a vote for me isn't a vote for a friendly guy, but a capable and competant President.
ROFL!

Uh oh! Trip admits he isnt a friendly guy! Now dont ya wish ya voted for me?

I also promiss a free guide on how to get to Mingapulco if you vote for me.
Old July 14, 2002, 20:46   #75
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:

ROFL!

Uh oh! Trip admits he isnt a friendly guy! Now dont ya wish ya voted for me?

I also promiss a free guide on how to get to Mingapulco if you vote for me.
i think a guide on how to get OUT would eb more useful... all hose traps and beats... ick.
Old July 14, 2002, 21:06   #76
Epistax
Prince

Dude, we're topped!

People seem to be posting random things in here, so I'll add we had an excellent turn chat recently (14th). A turn threat might be interesting, but I still see the difficulty of it having over a thousand replies...

hey look, its princess leiya, the yodel of life!
Old July 14, 2002, 21:40   #77
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
People seem to be posting random things in here, so I'll add we had an excellent turn chat recently (14th). A turn threat might be interesting, but I still see the difficulty of it having over a thousand replies...
Well, the turnthread would only be for that set of turns, not ALL turns forevermore. I'm going to experiment on how this can be done.
Old July 14, 2002, 21:55   #78
Epistax
Prince

I would expect one thread per turn, so you pretty much have to finish each turn before starting another (insert duh here). But think about this: the chat log was 54k for 10 turns. That's 5.4k per turn, or 5.4 pages of text. Now divide that up into plenty of one sentence bursts, and even less than sentences. Think about quick votes. Oh the horror the horror.
Old July 14, 2002, 22:07   #79
Jon Shafer

Except things would be much more independently run. The ministers would give their short-term orders, as well as a long-term 5 or 7 turn projection of what to do. The President would play, and report a post on every turn what happened. That's what I envision things coming to at least.
Old July 14, 2002, 22:22   #80
Chandragupta
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Wow, close race so far, 41-41
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt
Old July 14, 2002, 22:25   #81
Timeline
King

Captain, I am not exactly sure of what you mean. Are you suggesting I have done a poor job as VP, and you would rather see Ninot or Trip for the spot?

I think Trip and I have been very efficient as an executive team. Between the two of us not one turnchat has been missed, and there has been much progress.

I think a Ninot/Timeline would be VERY effective. We already talk to each other often, and I think it would be the closest and most effective Prez/VP pairing to date.

Ninot is telling us all he can do an unprecedented job, and 41 people know that he can. If you vote for Ninot you will be voting for the most impressive and effective executive office ever before in history.
Old July 14, 2002, 22:34   #82
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
Captain, I am not exactly sure of what you mean. Are you suggesting I have done a poor job as VP, and you would rather see Ninot or Trip for the spot?

I think Trip and I have been very efficient as an executive team. Between the two of us not one turnchat has been missed, and there has been much progress.

I think a Ninot/Timeline would be VERY effective. We already talk to each other often, and I think it would be the closest and most effective Prez/VP pairing to date.

Ninot is telling us all he can do an unprecedented job, and 41 people know that he can. If you vote for Ninot you will be voting for the most impressive and effective executive office ever before in history.
lol.. and considering OUR nations history, that will be a pretty darn impressive executive officer, dag nabbit!

But honestly, lets break this tie! If you vote for me, I gurantee I will mingle enough so that all of you think you know me personally, and i will get the job done to a degree where many of your current outstanding needs are met.
Old July 14, 2002, 22:37   #83
Jon Shafer

This is worse than the Western Front during WWI.

*Grabs some Phosgene gas and prepares for a knock out blow *
Old July 14, 2002, 22:40   #84
Ninot
Emperor

For me.. i think this would be just as good as the eastern front in that war...

but, like.. im gonna be Germany, and your gonna have a red revolution, and surrender, right?
Old July 14, 2002, 22:45   #85
Jon Shafer

No no, this is the Western Front. For a while it looks like one guy is going to win, and then eventually he peters out and the other guy pushes ahead to victory, and total annihilation!

Old July 14, 2002, 22:46   #86
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:13
Captain : actually, I've seen the Ninot and Timeline teamworking, and I must say that's how I imagine teamwork. They reflect and oppose their views intelligently, to meet a satisfying decision, in a very favorable climate of mutual respect.
Although Timeline and Trip can work pretty well together, there is some interference (that's a good euphemism, I'll reuse it ) as soon as they're not in their executive role. Such an interference doesn't exist between Timeline and Ninot.
Old July 14, 2002, 22:46   #87
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
No no, this is the Western Front. For a while it looks like one guy is going to win, and then eventually he peters out and the other guy pushes ahead to victory, and total annihilation!

AND THEN I RETURN IN TWENTY YEARS AND STEAL ALL YOUR PRECIOUS PAINTINGS! MUWAHAHAHA!
Old July 14, 2002, 22:52   #88
Jon Shafer

Quote:
AND THEN I RETURN IN TWENTY YEARS AND STEAL ALL YOUR PRECIOUS PAINTINGS! MUWAHAHAHA!
And then you end up split up, raped, and losing half your land once it's all said and done.
Old July 14, 2002, 22:52   #89
Ninot
Emperor

noo! my history books end at 1944.. is that what happens?

lol.
Old July 14, 2002, 23:12   #90
Captain
King

yeah, Spiffor, you got it.
that was what I was trying to say.

I like a certain amount of conflict between VP and Prez, because there's no existing "Loyal Opposition" so the VP has played this role so far. But not so much conflict that we get antagonism.

No offense to Timeline, I think you've contributed a great deal as VP and as head of DIA and role-playing to improve the "flavour" of the game, but I worry you won't prove as effective opposition to Ninot as you did to Trip.

I seek a balance, and DIA in the two "executive" roles might be too much, even with Uber as SMC
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.