Old July 13, 2002, 09:03   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 04:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Cor Blimey
Havent been here in ages!,dont recognise anybody here anmore... except thrawn that is .
for some reason reverted to playing Ceasar III as opposed to Civ.... but a quick glance at this site and i cant wait to get going at Civ again.

So Can someone tell me, in brief terms, whats happened to civ III and that supposed XP in the last quarter!!
Cheers
Old July 13, 2002, 20:18   #2
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 23:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You don't recognize so many people as they left being dissatisfied with Civ 3.

What happened to Civ 3?? It's a sad story. Check the threads.
Old July 13, 2002, 20:26   #3
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:15
Blame it on hype. Hype always ends up making things dissapointing. Like Scooby Doo the Movie.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 13, 2002, 23:19   #4
MOHonor
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
You don't recognize so many people as they left being dissatisfied with Civ 3.

What happened to Civ 3?? It's a sad story. Check the threads.
I've always wondered, so I've got to ask. You're a java-script bot right? Like no real human being would spend the amount of time you do being ridiculed and laughed at. So again you're jimmytricks code-frankenstein?
Old July 14, 2002, 00:10   #5
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:15
Ok people, fill me in on Coracle now. I see coracle bashing posts everywhere. What's up with Coracle? I just had to ask.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 14, 2002, 01:05   #6
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 05:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
Ok people, fill me in on Coracle now. I see coracle bashing posts everywhere. What's up with Coracle? I just had to ask.
Well, I do not think anyone knows what is up with Coracle exactly... I do not think he himself knows what is up with him exactly...

The thing is that Coracle spends an awful amount of time posting on how much he dislikes Civ 3 (which, BTW, he calls "Soren Johnson's Culture", IIRC). Especially the culture flipping idea, that is... he seems to be utterly disgusted by the concept - I bet he lost a great city to the culture flip in the past and can't get over it... He also hates having his road movement bonus cancelled in the enemy territory.

Now, I do not think he might be a bot - would have to be a very good bot, one with an AI never seen before. My reason for believing so is that he sometimes posts an idea that has some merit (even if not completely on topic). Sadly enough, he seldom responds to arguments of others... usually just repeating that this or that feature of the game is "A BIG, ILLOGICAL CROCK" (do I have it correct? ).

If you are new to the Coracle thing, read his posts for about a week (uh... well... maybe less...). After that initial period, you will know what he dislikes about the game and you will be able to either safely ignore his posts from that time on or look at them just as I do - as something that is an amusing part of this great community at Apolyton...

In the end... you will probably find out you are missing him when he is banned... Much like you would be missing that small pinch of salt in your apple pie...

Last edited by vondrack; July 14, 2002 at 10:20.