Old July 13, 2002, 12:44   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 20:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
please help me
Hello

When I first came into the game and ran for a position, I was active on the fourms. Then I lost, and I kinda left. I hate being a relatively small and unimportant part of something I like. I mostly want to be a leader or someone importnat. So I left. Well, I'm done pouting and I'm back now. This game has grown and changed a whole lot, and I'm trying to learn more about its ways and what happened since I left. I ave no idea where to start. I see guilds and strategies and turnchats and polls, and I just don't know where to start. I'd appreciate it if someone could kindly tell me where to start.

John

Oh, are there any positions that I culd still run for?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old July 13, 2002, 12:52   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:15
Well, the official positions are up this month, and will be again next month. There are several clubs, per se, The Culture Club, The Thinkers Guild, and The War Academy. There may very well be a judicial system in the near future, so judges will be called for. You could talk to one of the Ministers, once elected, to become thier assistant.

Less officially, you can be active, and just post good ideas. Or, at risk of sounding like a 'popup add' again, submit articles to the paper. Once I recover, and get organized a bit, we will be asking for reporters.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 13, 2002, 12:52   #3
Edrix

Where to start? Just do what I do; vote in the elections and post your opinions, but try to avoid
I haven't attended a turnchat yet, but I'm going to assume that it's a good place to go for up to the minute game information.
And you'll have to wait until next month to run in an election, as voting has already started.

EDIT: Wow, same minute reply.

Old July 13, 2002, 12:58   #4
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 20:15
There should be a top: thread with the up to the minute save game file. Where can I get the newest save game file?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old July 13, 2002, 13:00   #5
Edrix

This thread, bottom of the first post: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55581

Old July 13, 2002, 13:03   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:15
Both presidents are promising a one-stop website for such info. I will also add a link to the updated info in the next paper... How did I overlook that one?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 13, 2002, 20:57   #7
Timeline
King

Local Time: 23:15
Here is a list of all the current government reports.

The "Presidents Summery" reports contain the savefiles.

Last edited by Timeline; July 13, 2002 at 21:12.
Old July 13, 2002, 21:09   #8
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Timeline -

I think that you would be a better President than either Trip or Ninot. You seem to be a lot more organized (than Trip at least) and have as much experience. I think that the only better President than you would be Sir Ralph, and even there not by much.
Old July 13, 2002, 21:10   #9
Timeline
King

Wow, what a compliment!

Thank you for those kind words.
Old July 13, 2002, 21:21   #10
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:15
johnmcleod :

To begin with, we have discovered more of our Civ : we're stuck in a jungle with plenty of neighbours, and we're frantically preparing war against America and France. We hope we'll get out of this jungle once these conquests are successes.

We have a constitution, which is a pretty complete document. We're currently debating on a judicial system to enforce it.

2 major parties exist : the Democratic Industrialists of Apolyton (DIA) which is builder oriented, while it acknowledges there is a time for war. The other is the UFC, which is more warmonerly, and is divided between the Imperialist party (Trip's) and the Hawk party (jdd2007's)

The game has set up correctly, and we now play turnchats in a less chaotic manner. We'll really enjoy to have you as an active poster again !
Old July 13, 2002, 21:26   #11
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Timeline, would you be interested in leaving the DIA for the Independent Moderate Party (for the last time, I KNOW IT'S AN OXYMORON SO SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!)? I'm sure that someone with you're prestige would really help get it off the ground. Do you support trying to eliminate partisan politics (mudslinging and bloc voting) from the game?
Old July 15, 2002, 15:53   #12
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

JM

Also, see the Jungle Gazzette an excellent paper and has most of what you need to know. Then look for the most recent turnchat and view the game as it stands currently.

Also, see the Jungle Gazzette to see what happens to me in my latest adventures.