Old July 13, 2002, 18:42   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 23:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Trade Bug (Screenshot)
a while before this screen shot, i made a deal with babylon.

i asked them for a military alliance with india, and they made me throw in some gold and some ivory.

then i asked for a ROP, because they served as a buffer zone between me and some of india (the conquered English lands). To my suprise, they asked for ivory again in that deal. i said ok, and now, many turns later, india destoryed etc, i'm still allowed to trade them 2 sources of ivory (they have to request it, i cannot "offer" a second one).

i dont believe this was includeded in a patch (i asked for it a few times) and i cant do it with anyone else... bug?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	duh.gif
Views:	157
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	19471  
Old July 13, 2002, 18:50   #2
playshogi
BtS Tri-League

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I have another trade bug in my game. Early on I sold the AI my iron for gpt. Now, even though it has its own iron supply it continues the trade even though the 20 turns has long since expired.
Old July 13, 2002, 19:18   #3
HazieDaVampire
King

Local Time: 04:16
lol, this is major strange! Maby its a currupt file, since other havn't noticed this (or not my nollage), and i havn't either!
Old July 13, 2002, 19:41   #4
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:16
Quote:
Originally posted by playshogi
I have another trade bug in my game. Early on I sold the AI my iron for gpt. Now, even though it has its own iron supply it continues the trade even though the 20 turns has long since expired.
That happened to me too, only the other way around. Very annoying. I can't cancel without diplomatic consequences.

Solution? Sold the excess to a state I was about to declare war on for a lump sum. When it's safe to cancel the deal with my original supplier, I rolled the catapults towards the unsuspecting trade partner.

"Is this a dagger I see before me?"

MUAHAHAHAH
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 13, 2002, 20:00   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 22:16
Quote:
I don't know if that's a bug. You can stop the trade after 20 turns, but you do not have to. They can stop the trade after 20 turns, but they do not have to. There are no reprecussions for stopping such trades after 20 turns (that I know of).

I agree though that the AI could be smarter about cancelling some obsolete trades.

As for Uber's example... it is possible to trade your only 'source' of a commodity. Maybe they traded away the first ivory they are getting from you. Then they asked you for more. Can you post a save? It would help Firaxis if they notice this thread.
Old July 13, 2002, 20:02   #6
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Why is it a bug for them to ask for two ivorys? Unusual for an AI, yes. Have you considered that they can then trade the second away for something else?
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old July 13, 2002, 21:41   #7
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Open the diplo screen

Select Active

Select the iron

Say goodbye

Problem solved.

Old July 13, 2002, 22:23   #8
dexters
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Unless you need the source of iron, keep the trade.
Old July 13, 2002, 23:50   #9
reefer addict
Warlord

Local Time: 20:16
Originally posted by Iskandar Reza

I can't cancel without diplomatic consequences.

Solution? Sold the excess to a state I was about to declare war on for a lump sum.

"Is this a dagger I see before me?"

if you sell it for a lump sum you still need to provide the resourse for 20 turns. works to sell techs in a lump sum and then declare war but the resourse will cost you your reputation.

as for the 2 ivorys, ive never seen that before but it would be great to wheel and deal in multiples.
Old July 14, 2002, 00:04   #10
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:16
Quote:
Originally posted by reefer addict
if you sell it for a lump sum you still need to provide the resourse for 20 turns. works to sell techs in a lump sum and then declare war but the resourse will cost you your reputation.

as for the 2 ivorys, ive never seen that before but it would be great to wheel and deal in multiples.
That's true, but I'm the hitler of the map anyway. I don't give a flying fudge about my rep.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 14, 2002, 01:40   #11
dexters
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

HITLER! You fiend!

Die! :P
Old July 14, 2002, 03:44   #12
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 22:16
They could be selling the extra one to someone else, possibly.

I have done such, sell my only connected source, buy another source from someone else at a cheaper price.

On the deals, if it is a good deal for them, then they won't ask to cancel it.