Old July 13, 2002, 23:28   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It is the end, and the moment was prepared for...
The final set of turns took me 1 and a half hours, a fraction of my first (and only other) set of turns. It ran from some rearrangements in 1820 to World Domination in 1826, effective as of 1828. The end, when it came, was a little quicker than I expected, thus I did not attempt to change to Democracy and maxing luxuries earlier (more population). However, with the saves I post in this thread, anyone looking on can download and (if your version of MGE works) see for yourselves what has been going on due to your own decisions. Perhaps you can do better with score, perhaps you'd like to continue and win in space, perhaps you'd like to just viciously sack Rusucurru over and over again. Whatever you want to do - you now have the results of all your decisions in front of you.

Congratulations are very certainly in order - we have taken a civilization from nothing to world domination before the 20th century, and with collective decisions. I have been privileged to be involved in this endeavour, and honoured to have been chosen as final Premier of Apolytonia - to lead us all to final victory.

Just a quick recap of our conquests:
1776 AD - Egypt and Rome conquered
1778 AD - America conquered
1810 AD - India conquered
1818 AD - Babylonia conquered
1826 AD - Carthage conquered

In 50 years we did this. The results certainly speak for themselves.

For perhaps the final time, signing off:
I salute you all
May the Great Banana bless us all!

Outgoing Premier of Apolytonia
MrWIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 13, 2002, 23:56   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Now to the good stuff

1820 AD

Some granary sales - we will soon be able to demand all the grain we could ever need from the vassalized Carthaginians

1822 AD
-Very little Carth activity - I think they have almost given up.
-The fortressed Cavalry E of Utica explores NW and finds one of the four unknown Carth cities - Caralis, pop=4
-A spy in the same fortress explores the other dark patch to the NE of the Carth continent and finds Leptis Parva - THE CAPITAL! - it has Walls.
-A spy is rushed in Carthage (76g) - those Walls will fall!
-Ironclad bombardment of Rusucurru and Cartenna (both emptied) as welll as a Catapult and Warrior on the island N of Tingis.
-An Ironclad discovers (and bombards) Selinus in the isthmus-like centre of the island N of Tingis - there is just Rusaddit to find now.
-Leptis Parva's walls are sabotaged and the spy escapes OK
-Sensing the end is approaching, I start changing cities to build Capitalization in order to have enough cash for both bribing and buying the last few WoWs (we have plenty of Freight that doesn't make it in time), and there is little use for other things in many cities
-The last Barb Cannon S of Dortmund is finally killed

1824 AD

-Civil Disorder in Bombay. OOPS! It is resolved via Elvis-a-like
-Several Cavalry are stationing themselves in a fortress NE of Utica untill all of them have enough moves to attack Leptis Parva at once.
-An Explorer sighted on the far W of that island the final city is expected on - exactly where shade predicted!
-Selinus is captured by a Cavalry arriving a=on a Transport (13g) A spy is disembarked, moves E, and discovers the final Carth city Rusaddit! The SMC was almost wrong in his predictions there. But, as ever, it didn't matter.
-The Transport moves to the main Carth island now and unloads the 3 Cavalry and 2 more spies for the final assault. They take Alalia (12g)

About here I realize with all those extra troops that Carth will be gone next turn - this I quickly rushbuild the rest of JS Bach's in Nalduria (50g - not quite enough Freight), and almost all of the UN in Paha Sapa (2328g) and Women's Suffrage in Rivertown(2320g). We still have more than 2000g.

1826 AD - VE (Victory on Earth) year

-The three WoWs are built (!)
-The Carth explorer moves into the wilderness of that Carth island, never to be seen again.... Rumours persist that they encountered a particularly nasty tribe of cannibals that ate them alive...And it is totally unfounded to suggest that the cannibals were paid by the Foreign Ministry
-Leptis Parva falls before the waves of Cavalry (32g) - Carthage's autocratic leaders are executed publically to much cheering. There is just cleanup now.
-Rocly finally escapes the fortress and takes Cartenna (33g)
-Rusaddit seceds for 118g (13g back)
-Gades revolts for 194g (19g back), and Caralis for 152g (13g back)

I stare at the one survivng bastion of the dinosaurs known as Carthage's government. The save game titled "finalmove1826.sav" is situated at this time. I then order the armies of Apolytonia on with a dismissive wave off my hand. As I turn my back on Carthage and towards the island upon which we started our journey, a great cheer erupts - we have finally done it. Rusucurru falls and we recover the final 8 gold in Carthage's coffers.

I end the turn, not bothering to do anything more than max the luxuries at 80%

The next turn a peasant revolt is reported near Boston. If anyone plays on they'll have nasty Barbs to contend with...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	win.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	19491  

Old July 13, 2002, 23:57   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Our supreme power
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	power.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	19493  

Old July 13, 2002, 23:58   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Final score
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	score.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	19494  

Old July 14, 2002, 00:00   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Maybe JA was always on the right track...

We ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	rating.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	19495  

Old July 14, 2002, 00:02   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

1st in everything?! Wow. How did we do that?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	demog.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	19496  

Old July 14, 2002, 00:03   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Poor, poor Carthage...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	cart1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	19497  

Old July 14, 2002, 00:06   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Carthage: the great Colonial Power.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	cart2.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	19498  

Old July 14, 2002, 00:08   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

And lastly, the saves:

this one is just before the last attack on Carthage's lasts city: Rusucurru
Attached Files:
File Type: sav finalmove1826.sav (102.2 KB, 19 views)

Old July 14, 2002, 00:09   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

The start of the last turn of moves/attacks;
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1824end.sav (102.2 KB, 3 views)

Old July 14, 2002, 00:12   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

And finally, where I started this set of turns.

Well, that's it, if you want the orders I was given, shade's are exactly as they are in his thread about the end of Carthage, and if you want atawa's PM me.

If you want any more saves (I have a few going back as far as 1000AD, PM me and I will post them.

A bientot - until the next game.

Outgoing Premier of Apolytonia
MrWIA.

Old July 14, 2002, 00:14   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Sorry! Forgot the last save.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav fe_a1820.sav (102.2 KB, 3 views)

Old July 14, 2002, 00:35   #13
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Congratulations are in order for everyone that helped bring this game to its successful conclusion!

Old July 14, 2002, 00:52   #14
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:17
Well done everyone.

Now someone organise a new one

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old July 14, 2002, 04:00   #15
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 23:17
this was just a warm up, now we're ready for the multi site challenge
Old July 14, 2002, 09:14   #16
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws bananas up in the air*

See if you can catch them!!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 14, 2002, 09:43   #17
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Old July 14, 2002, 13:06   #18
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws bananas up in the air*

See if you can catch them!!
I got one!

but did you have to post the same pic half a dozen times? it took forever to load
Old July 14, 2002, 14:27   #19
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Well done and efficiently finished, Mr President MWIA. Though you did not get to enjoy a full term of leading our proud and glorious civ, you certainly led us to victory with authority and proper use of troops, gold, and spies!

Three cheers for MWIA. And three cheers to everyone who participated as Citizens or elected leaders at any point in this very fascinating game now concluded!

This was not the easiest way to play the game, but it was a very compelling and rewarding way to do so. Everyone who helped to make it work, whether they stood for office and won, or stood for office and lost, or stayed in the background posting comments, or voted in the polls had a part in this.

Clearly, Civ2 is the best computer game ever written, and equally clearly, the participants of this democracy game are among the best players of the game. I don't mean that individually (though that may also be true). I mean that in a teamwork and cooperative sense. Great individual players might not have done so well in a group situation. The obvious discussion-talents and willingness to go along with the majority voting of so many players was truly impressive (and a bit of a surprise to many).

So, congratualations to one and all!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Last edited by cavebear; July 14, 2002 at 14:33.
Old July 14, 2002, 15:36   #20
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

WOOHOO!!!
Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game
Old July 14, 2002, 17:23   #21
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Great job all, hope to enjoy another game!

Btw, when will the new game start?

Old July 14, 2002, 21:24   #22
Marquis de Sodaq
King

A fine outing, citizens!

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old July 15, 2002, 03:54   #23
Messer Niccolò
Prince

Local Time: 05:17
ggod work!
Old July 15, 2002, 04:32   #24
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 04:17
Good, Thank You all for joing the game which end so well when is the next game starting!
Old July 15, 2002, 07:59   #25
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 06:17
Good job, as expected.
See all of you soon !
Old July 15, 2002, 12:15   #26
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 06:17
GG
Old July 16, 2002, 08:36   #27
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:17
Well once i was just bored and i took japan and I in 1934 I won the game by ruling the hole world and getting the spaceship
Old July 17, 2002, 13:40   #28
teic
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:17
When are the ellections for the next game?
We have lots of time till the next game so why wont we start early with the ellections.