Old July 14, 2002, 22:54   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 23:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Captured Industrial Workers?
Do captured Workers of an Idustrial civ work at normal rates? or the halved one... i never noticed.

If an industrial civ captured an industrial worker, would it work at double time?
Old July 14, 2002, 23:46   #2
Matt_G
Settler

Local Time: 22:20
They work at 1/2 the speed of your Civs native workers. Their nationality doesn't come into play at all, as far as speed is concerned.
Old July 15, 2002, 00:08   #3
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

That makes sense. Supposedly, Industriousness as a trait comes from your society, not a genetic trait. If removed from that society, and especially as slaves, they probably have no reason to be industrious.

Industriousness doesn't seem to come into play on captured workers.
Old July 15, 2002, 06:18   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
When you are industrious, that trait DOES affect captured workers.
Old July 15, 2002, 09:50   #5
Matt_G
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
When you are industrious, that trait DOES affect captured workers.
That's true. Let me give an example in case anyone's confused. Let's say I'm playing as the Egyptians. (Religious/Industrious)
A single native worker of mine can clear a tile of jungle in 12 turns. The Babs are next door. Hammi's workers can clear a tile of jungle for him in 24 turns. If I capture a Bab worker he will clear a tile of jungle for me in 24 turns. Half the speed of my civs workers. If he captures one of my workers, he will take 48 turns to clear a tile of jungle for Hammi. Half the speed of his workers.

This is the main reason I usually play Industrious civs. If I play the Babs (or any other non industrious civs) I just can't stand how long it takes them to do anything. I want to take them out and shoot them.
Old October 11, 2002, 09:50   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

When I played as the Zulu, the capturied Egyptian workers worked at the same rate as my Zulu workers (half their normal rate as they are industrious) and twice as fast as other workers I had captured.
Old October 11, 2002, 10:25   #7
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 20:20
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
When I played as the Zulu, the capturied Egyptian workers worked at the same rate as my Zulu workers (half their normal rate as they are industrious) and twice as fast as other workers I had captured.
I suspect you are misremembering.

Captured units work at half the rate of your native workers ALWAYS. Thus if your are not industrious and something take six turns for your natives it will take 12 for your slaves no matter what Civ you captured them from. If you are industrious that same something will take three turns for your native workers and six turns for your slave workers.

It doesn't matter one bit what a civ a slave came from. They will always work at one half the rate of a native worker.
Old October 11, 2002, 12:41   #8
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I don't know which thread came first, but at least this one answers the original question. (Quite simply, I might add).

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=37090
Old October 11, 2002, 13:09   #9
Purple
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_G

If I play the Babs (or any other non industrious civs) I just can't stand how long it takes them to do anything. I want to take them out and shoot them.
I know what you mean. You might want to try Accelerated Production when playing as a non-industrious civ.