Old July 15, 2002, 13:12   #1
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 00:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civ3 Roleplaying Game: Rules Discussion
These are the rules that I've come up with so far. I'm also thinking about how exactly the banana thing would work. Suggestions are more than welcome.

When we are in a dictatorship, the dictator has absolute power. He even has mod powers, such as editing posts etc., though he can't ban anyone. What he can do is kill someone, which means that they aren't allowed to post or vote for a week in this forum. If they violate this they are banned by Ming. After a week the person is reborn, and cannot be killed until another week has passed. There [i[are[/i] ministers, who are really just those who suck up to the dictator.

How you revolt depends on what government you are revolting into. When you revolt into the same government form, you still have to do the in-game revolution, even though it's really just a coup. During anarchy, NO PLAY IS DONE. You simply hit the end turn button. Here are the different ways:

Dictatorship: A Minister or Senator (I'll explain below) manages to get the majority of the other Ministers or Senators to support him. The Minister or Senator is now dictator.

Monarchy: Same as Dictatorship, except the person is now King.

Republic: Same as Dictatorship, except the leader is now the Chairman and the revolt can be staged by a citizen who gets two-thirds of the people to support him.

Communism: Same as Republic, except the leader is now General Secretary.

Democracy: Same as Republic, except the leader does not become President. The President is elected.

Now I'm going to explain how the different govs work (I've already explained Dictatorship, so I won't repeat myself here):

Monarchy: A Monarchy is just like a Dictatorship, except the leader is called King and he must declare a successor. After a month, the King dies (though he doesn't have the 1 week of no posting) and the successor becomes King.

Republic: There is a Senate. The Senate decides everything. Each city (or region, maybe) elects a Senator. This is why what city you live in is important (reference to the banana idea). The Chairman is elected by the Senate every month, and does not have mod powers.

Communism: Communism is a mix of Dictatorship and . The Politburo is like the Senate, except that the General Secretary chooses the candidate for each city, and as there are no opposition candidates, he effectively chooses the Politburo members. The General Secretary is chosen by the Politburo every month, when the old one dies. The General Secretary has mod powers.

Democracy: Democracy is exactly like we have now.

When someone dies (as in the monthly death, or is overthrown, not when they are killed by the ruler) they cannot hold any office for two months.
Old July 15, 2002, 13:23   #2
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 23:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think you would love:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~republic/board/

Someone posted this link a few weeks ago. I have a feeling this is what you are looking for.

Sell your photos
Old July 15, 2002, 14:35   #3
Kuciwalker
Deity

What is that game?

Anyway, I want to work out how to do this for civ3, not some other game.
Old July 15, 2002, 14:43   #4
Sheik
King

It is called Republic. It will be out I think next year and is suppose to be fantastic. The idea of the game is to take over the Soviet Union and lead an uprising.

Sell your photos
Old July 15, 2002, 15:28   #5
Kuciwalker
Deity

Sounds like fun.
Old July 15, 2002, 18:10   #6
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
hmmm...sounds fun, but i don't think it would work in practice. I think my proposed system in which the leaders are still eelected they just make game decisions like the current government would be more practically feasible.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 15, 2002, 18:53   #7
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
It is called Republic. It will be out I think next year and is suppose to be fantastic. The idea of the game is to take over the Soviet Union and lead an uprising.
That is so lame.

Anyway, skywalker didn't you post this in some other thread?
Old July 15, 2002, 19:06   #8
Sheik
King

Quote:

That is so lame.
I didn't like the sound of it either because it is first-person I think but at E3 it got great reviews and is suppose to be paving the way for adventure games or something. I guess it is going to have various objectives to acomplish and depending on what objectives you do the next missions may change. It is also suppose to have good graphics.

I found a review online at:
http://gamespy.com/e32001/republic-revolution/

Sell your photos