Old July 16, 2002, 19:23   #31
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 22:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Actually, I am wondering whether we should put the nation through the process of official polls on these topics. If there is general agreement that we shouldn't, then the process is probably stopped at that point.
Old July 16, 2002, 19:33   #32
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

One way to handle future amendment would be that you need to be a citizen by date X before the election, the way it is in many countries.

On the aide issue, wasn't that what the VP job is supposed to be about?

EDIT: hit the wrong button.

In the early USA history, the 2 people with the most votes became President and VP. That was a sound deal, except how ties were handled. If we modified it so that ties were decided in some nonpartisan way, I would support such a motion.

I guess this is what I get for not reading the election polls.

I will add in more later.
Old July 16, 2002, 19:37   #33
Moral Hazard
King

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
An official poll would set a better precedent. But wouldn't object to there not being one. Considering the issue will obviously be in Ammendment 3, but who knows when that will pass.
Old July 16, 2002, 19:45   #34
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Probably fairly quick after this election.

The Constitution is exceedingly vague on elections.
Old July 16, 2002, 19:56   #35
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 00:24
RECOUNT!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old July 16, 2002, 23:48   #36
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:24
I think we should do a recount to nullify non-citizen votes.
Old July 17, 2002, 00:07   #37
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Well. The situation seems to have changed.

I can see no productive purpose to counting votes at this point. The incumbent has conceded to make an orderly and lawful transition possible. Trip is owed a good debt by all of us. I will not forget Ninot's willingness to form a government of unity either.

Now we know 2 things. 1, DLs were not involved in the vote. 2, we have a legitimate president.

The only question remaining would be if we wish to see a list of the voters (without their votes). I believe this may be helpful, so that we may determine from where so many non citizen votes came. What say you?

/Edit. 24 and a few hours left for discussion.

Last edited by notyoueither; July 17, 2002 at 01:03.
Old July 17, 2002, 02:18   #38
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:24
A nice idea, nye

And as far as the thread is concerned - for the future, there should be NO QUESTION of any but one president. The judiciary, when enacted, will see to that.

Where is the amendment for allowing the Prez/ Foreign Minister etc to appoint Ambassadord, helpers etc? That would have been an alternative. If our situation had continued, the winner of the election would have been the Prez, and the runner-up could have been appointed a Presidential aide- one with no actual power, but who the Prez could instruct to do various things he couldn't in the time available, eg put up certain polls, respond with the Prez's thoughts on an issue, update the website; kinda like a PA/Secretary.

This is kinda how I saw the dual Presidency working anyway, but with somehow sharing of gameplay duties.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 17, 2002, 13:42   #39
Captain
King

NYE, yes, let's see the voters list of voter names, but not their votes.

But it doesn't really matter. I guess we owe Trip and Ninot a great debt as they resolved this in a timely and pleasant fashion in accordance to the people's will. I hope they are not too put out by all of this.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 17, 2002, 15:38   #40
Robber Baron
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
the winner of the election would have been the Prez, and the runner-up could have been appointed a Presidential aide- one with no actual power, but who the Prez could instruct to do various things he couldn't in the time available, eg put up certain polls, respond with the Prez's thoughts on an issue, update the website; kinda like a PA/Secretary.

This is kinda how I saw the dual Presidency working anyway, but with somehow sharing of gameplay duties.
Yeah, like a Chief of Staff (a very important position in the U.S., which is not elected, of course, and not constitutionally defined).

(Don't know why I'm still mulling this issue over, though, since we're moving on.)