Old July 18, 2002, 09:38   #31
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 05:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Still wanting to enforce unofficial gallup polls, which a majority wants to see restricted, CivMan2000?
Old July 18, 2002, 10:02   #32
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:29
I posted a debate thread about this, now that I have suggested an amendment :
prepoll thread about restriciting unofficial gallup surveys)
Old July 18, 2002, 10:58   #33
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
hmmm...the only evidence of that is an old poll that fell far short of the needed 67%. In any case, making any rule about it would require 2/3 which is very unlikely.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 18, 2002, 11:07   #34
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

#1 Yes
#2/#3 We should just cover this in the election reform ammendment rather than create redundant ammendments
#4 yyes
#5 yes
#6 yes
#7 Ill have to re-read that when Im less tired, hopefully then it'll be more clear.
Old July 18, 2002, 11:18   #35
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Actually Id like to add one

#8 Any ammendment ratification poll has to be both topped and for at least a 10 day duration to be valid. Our citizens should have the right to be given every opportunity to vote on these provided they are reasonably active.

I think thats reasonable considering ammendments have an even longer term effect than elections and those get topped for 5 days Of course, it wouldn't apply to this ammendment or any passed before it.
Old July 18, 2002, 11:25   #36
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

10 days is too long. I don't think that belongs in this amendment anyways

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old July 18, 2002, 11:48   #37
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Re: AMendment IV: BIll of RIghts
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
1. No one shall be banned permanently from participating in the democracy game, excluding those who are permanently banned from apolyton.
I disagree.

People who try to illegally affect polls or try to promote game decisions and paths against the will and best interest of the people (general notion) should be banned.

People who play ahead should be banned.

Quote:
2. No one shall ever be restricted from any poll, unless after the poll it is found that non-members may have significantly altered the vote. In elections, this is only the case if the winner has under 55% support and the people vote to discard nonmember votes by a >50% vote.
Votes by non citizens should not count.

Quote:
3. No member shall ever be denied the right to vote in any poll.
Agreed.

Quote:
4. No one shall be denied free speech unless it violates apolyton rules, is off topic, or (only if it a a new thread that is posted) it is redundant with a pre-existing thread.
Agreed

Quote:
5. No one shall be denied the right to post an unofficial poll, unless it violates apolyton rules, is off topic, or it is redundant with a pre-existing thread.
Agreed.

Quote:
6. THe right to associate into any form of organization shall not be denied.
Disagree.

What about organizations which are self destructive to our democracy?

A totalitarian party for instance?
A neo-military gang which harasses and spams people?

Quote:
7. In the absence of any specific rule concerning a poll in the constitution, it is won by the option that wins the most votes. Thus, until an amendment is passed concerning a type of poll, those polls may be posted without any special rules about how the results determine our actions. However, if an amendment is passed that would change the results (say make it require 2/3 when it only got 60%) it may be repolled without the 3-week waiting period.
AGreed.
Old July 18, 2002, 11:58   #38
civman2000
Emperor

THose parties can exist if they want, but spammer parties will get restricted by ming anyways. If parties violate apolyton rules they will be banned by the mods, and one that try to restrict others' rights will be appropriately punished by the court. About the 1st one, i think no one should permanently be kicked out. They might be kicked out for a month, but they can come back eventually

Old July 18, 2002, 12:07   #39
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

And then some:

The right to move around (from town to town)

The right to leave the game and return (we don't have to post or anything)

The right to express our free mind.

The right to be informed and reported true and complete infromation about the democratic processes and the game moves and strategies.

The right to have an effect and be considered unconditionally and honestly - our opionions and posts count for something and should be read.

The right to have a clear name and not to be defamed or cursed, or misquoted or flamed.
Old July 18, 2002, 12:17   #40
civman2000
Emperor

hmmm..i'm not so sure. Only one of those i would include is to have true information:
The government shall not knowingly flasely report any information, or purposely hide any information from the people.

Old July 18, 2002, 14:38   #41
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Good beginning, I will continue reading it later as I have to be somewhere soon.

I am glad someone is taking initiative on these important issues.
Old July 18, 2002, 14:46   #42
Kramerman
Prince

The bill of rights should have some kind of flashy 'preamble' or something like that. Here is just a quick example of what I mean, but I dont care much for it...

Quote:
All glorious Citizens (registered members of the Civ III Democracy Game) of Apolytonia are hereby garunteed these certain unalienable rights. These rights shall be embedded in the very essence of Apolytonia, and they shall be protected fully by all Her might and fury, as if She were guarding against foreign invasion.
I also think that whenever in the bill we are referring to citizens, we should say 'citizen' instead of 'one' so that we can differintiate between registered members of the democracy game and just passer-bys into the game from other parts of the Apolyton site. So we don't have non-members think they are garunteed all the same rights that citizens are, but they me be still protected under others.

Kman
Old July 18, 2002, 14:49   #43
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
hmmm..i'm not so sure. Only one of those i would include is to have true information:
The government shall not knowingly flasely report any information, or purposely hide any information from the people.
I very much agree that this sould be added to the bill. It is most important that the citizens are only getting true and accurate information form the gov to make sure they make the most well-informed decisions as possible, regarding the game in polling and elections.

Kman