Old July 17, 2002, 12:23   #61
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 04:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Looks really good Firaxis - particularly the city & unit placement .

Bit disappointed that there's no flap map capability. That means that any scenario has to be on a global scale, since you'd have Russia crossing the edge of the map to get to France on a map of Europe! Which is a bit limiting.

Also, it would have been nice to see era-adding put in. I know this throws up all sorts of questions about era splashes and city graphics, but still...would've been nice...
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old July 17, 2002, 12:26   #62
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:29
Quote:
Originally posted by G(R)EEK
Well, I am thinking hard as to what we should ask for right now, but it is getting hard to find something that isn't there...
What about an ability to make a map you have created "flat", so that you cannot move over the edge of the map. Like when playing on a Europe map, it shouldn't be possible to sail west from Spain and reach Turkey or Russia.

But apart from that I like the patch.

The new iPod nano: nano
Old July 17, 2002, 12:27   #63
Level
Warlord

Local Time: 21:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Trip I think that is Civ color, it would be nice if you could set teams.
My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter
Old July 17, 2002, 12:32   #64
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:29
Hmmmmm, still, there has to be a way to set default scenario diplomacy (I mean, geeze, it won't be very fun to make scenarios when the Union and the Confederacy aren't at war).

[Edit]But why wouldn't they call it "Civ Color" instead of "Team Color"? It's not like playing ONE civ is a team. [/Edit]
Old July 17, 2002, 12:33   #65
Edrix

Re: 1.29f PATCH README
* Editor: Added zoom in/out functionality.

* Editor: Added zoom level to status bar.

* Editor: Added zoom quality controls.

* Editor: Added zoom in/out to context menu.

THANK YOU SID

Old July 17, 2002, 12:36   #66
isak
Civilization IV Creators
Civ4 Scenario Designer

Went through the readme again, and still see no mention of removing the hardcoded Food-production by the Center tile of a city.

So I guess nothing has been done about that, is that right? Will we just have to settle for 2 Food in the center tile in the Double Your Pleasure mod??

Thats a bit of a downer - not enough to ruin my day, but close...
Old July 17, 2002, 12:36   #67
Ed O'War
Warlord

Local Time: 20:29
Without an ability to set teams then it will be very difficult to create historical scenarios. Imagine Napoleon and Wellington allying against Prussia, or America and Germany against Britain in a WWII scenario. I really hope the team color thing means we can set teams for scenarios. Firaxis?
Old July 17, 2002, 12:38   #68
zulu9812
King

Re: Re: 1.29f PATCH README
Quote:
Originally posted by Edrix
* Editor: Added zoom in/out functionality.

* Editor: Added zoom level to status bar.

* Editor: Added zoom quality controls.

* Editor: Added zoom in/out to context menu.

THANK YOU SID
Sid didn't even work on this, did he?

I was thinking about team colours: it sounds more like a prelude to multiplayer than scenarios.
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old July 17, 2002, 12:41   #69
Level
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Hmmmmm, still, there has to be a way to set default scenario diplomacy (I mean, geeze, it won't be very fun to make scenarios when the Union and the Confederacy aren't at war).
Or the Fire and the civlians make a war alinance aganst the Fire fighters in one I made

Quote:
[Edit]But why wouldn't they call it "Civ Color" instead of "Team Color"? It's not like playing ONE civ is a team. [/Edit]
Isn't it show team color disk in the preferances?

Last edited by Level; July 17, 2002 at 12:53.
Old July 17, 2002, 12:43   #70
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Quote:
Originally posted by Level
You're right... but we can still wonder why...
Old July 17, 2002, 12:54   #71
reefer addict
Warlord

Local Time: 20:29
looks awesome guys

one thing i was hoping for was a way to make the manhatten project a small wonder, i didnt see it anywhere. is it possible or is everyone gonna get the ability to build nukes still because i split the atom?
Old July 17, 2002, 12:56   #72
Level
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Or the Fire and the civlians make a war alinance aganst the Fire fighters in one I made.

Quote:
Old July 17, 2002, 13:02   #73
Stuie
King

Re: 1.29f PATCH README
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkG
SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION III README

Additions v1.29f:

* Editor: Added a new flag to terrain types to be able to set whether or not cities can be built on a particular terrain type.
I notice they listed my favorite change first! Thanks Firaxis for everything!

Now if only I wasn't leaving on vacation Saturday..........
Old July 17, 2002, 13:02   #74
KingJoshi
Settler

Local Time: 23:29
Firaxians,

Since everyone will be making mods, how easy will it be for people to install other people's mods? I mean, something has to be done about that, right?

I remember reading in a chat about that though a Mod Manager wasn't being created, they were making it easier for mod makers and user. How?

I like to play the Double Your Pleasure mod which about doubles the techs, units, buildings and pleasure However, there might be times where I would like to play a different mod or even Civ3 unmodded (or view other peoples' games). Now, is there any way to install multiple mods and choose which you play?

I've created a mod manager that does plenty for me. But, the only way I can do that now is to uninstall one mod and install another. Though that doesn't take much time, a better solution would be nice.

Admirer of the Double Your Pleasure mod which you can discuss about at this thread.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:06   #75
CyberGnu
King

I haven't played in a while: are the city conversion and combat settler problems fixed yet?
Old July 17, 2002, 13:20   #76
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 06:29
/me thinks it will be a long night of programming on friday to make a new version of C3MT. (Or at least some parts of it.) I'll lso have to take some time to figure out what parts of the tool to drop due that it can be done better wih the official tools.

What definately will be left is the Civilopedia Editor and Unit Creation wizzard.

And for now I'll probably keep the SGE as well, but I might drop that when PTW comes out.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:21   #77
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Oh, and I don't see anywher that they have fixed the civilopedia links. I guess they still are incorrect. Oh, well it doesn't do so mush.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:22   #78
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
* Gramphos thinks it will be a long night of programming on friday to make a new version of C3MT. (Or at least some parts of it.) I'll lso have to take some time to figure out what parts of the tool to drop due that it can be done better wih the official tools.

What definately will be left is the Civilopedia Editor and Unit Creation wizzard.

And for now I'll probably keep the SGE as well, but I might drop that when PTW comes out.
Always appreciated, Gramps.

Some things that would be especially useful would be .BIC modification, diplomacy, etc. if that's not included.

Some of the same stuff that you can do with your save-game editor now, only with .BICs for scenario editing.

Danke.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:29   #79
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
* Removed the water restriction from terraforming so that all terraform types are now based on the terrain type (except for forts).
* Editor: Added a new flag to terrain types to be able to set whether or not cities can be built on a particular terrain type.
does that mean underwater colonies+improvements can be modded in?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old July 17, 2002, 13:33   #80
Level
Warlord

I think so but I don't think the graphic will be any diferent.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:41   #81
rflagg
Settler

diplomatic settings in editor
Patch sounds great, can't wait for some wonderful scenarios..this is what I"ve been waiting for.

So, Mike - we all need to know - diplomatic settings can be done for scenarios? (ie unable to negotiate peace with each other, or at least start out at war with each other?). It's a necessity for scenarios.

Thanks! Look forward to more civing!

-Rflagg
Old July 17, 2002, 13:42   #82
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Well done everyone Well done
Old July 17, 2002, 13:45   #83
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 01:29
First of all, thanks to Firaxis for all these changes and additions. I confess that I expected a few additions to the editor and maybe one or two typo fixes, but the patch gives us much more than that! Good job.

Quote:
* Editor: Added a minimap.
Quote:
* Editor: Fixed bug that caused the minimap to not be updated after loading.
It's nice to see that they are squashing the bugs before the patch is released

About the restriction to roads/railroads being built on terrain that has no road bonus, I think that that restriction only applies if you change the road bonus in the editor... Is this possible? (I never played much with the editor.)

All in all, kudos to Firaxis... but let's see how these things work in the game.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:50   #84
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Good news all around. Definitely looking forward to the patch.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:51   #85
Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
Firaxis Games

Local Time: 23:29
Some clarifications:

1)
Quote:
* Editor: Changed city placement so that roads/railroads are not automatically added to the tile but neither are they removed and they can be manually placed underneath cities.
This is mostly an interface issue for the editor. When you build a city in the game, you get roads/rails in the city tile. When you place a city in the editor, it does not automatically place roads/rails so that if you later delete the city, it doesn't leave a road behind. When the scenario is played, however, the roads/rails will be there as though you built the city.

2)
Quote:
* Changed city code so that a road/railroad is not placed under a city if a road/railroad is not allowed on the terrain type the city is built upon.
This means that the above automatic roads/rails are not placed when you build a city if the terrain type under the city does not allow roads. This is only for mods. You can make, say, mountains get no road bonus which will make roads be unable to be built on mountains. Unmodded, all land terrain has a road bonus.

3) Team Colors = Civ Colors. I've always referred to them as "team" colors for some reason.

4)
Quote:
Went through the readme again, and still see no mention of removing the hardcoded Food-production by the Center tile of a city.

So I guess nothing has been done about that, is that right? Will we just have to settle for 2 Food in the center tile in the Double Your Pleasure mod??
The center tile now produces as much food as is required to support 1 citizen (i.e., 2, unmodded).
Old July 17, 2002, 13:55   #86
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS 3) Team Colors = Civ Colors. I've always referred to them as "team" colors for some reason.
Ahhhh, okay, thanks for clarifying.

In a related matter, can you set diplomacy in the editor? That's something that will be very important for scenarios.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:59   #87
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 01:29
I'd like to add that it is nice to see the Firaxians posting here, not only Mike, but also Soren. Good support, guys.
Old July 17, 2002, 14:04   #88
Amadan
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS

3) Team Colors = Civ Colors. I've always referred to them as "team" colors for some reason.
Just trying to confuse us huh?

Seriously, the changes to the editor look great, and Firaxis desreves some respect for the time it puts in to creating FREE upgrades to their games!
Old July 17, 2002, 14:06   #89
isak
Civilization IV Creators
Civ4 Scenario Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
Some clarifications:

The center tile now produces as much food as is required to support 1 citizen (i.e., 2, unmodded).
In case you missed my ecstatic response at CivFanatics...

BIG HUGE thanks -

.... and I take back all those bad things I didn't have time to say in the first place
Old July 17, 2002, 14:06   #90
August Borms
Prince

I guess I'll reinstall Civ3 this weekend then