Old July 17, 2002, 12:08   #1
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Spore Launchers attack each other
the title is self-explanitory. i pop a pod, get surrounded by worms and launchers. the first the they do is attack each other

so, i was wondering, does anyone else see this, is there something wrong with me, or is this just another SMAX bug we have to live with?

Edit: im a prince now!
Old July 17, 2002, 12:30   #2
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 06:30
no, haven't seen this, but sure sounds funny
Old July 17, 2002, 12:34   #3
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Happens sometimes, you should be able to find 2-4 old threads on it. Alos interesting is when there is a pop you attack the square which has mindworms, locusts, and a tower, and you capture everthing expect the tower, Then you need to withdraw all you units which might have a higher or equal defense than the tower bdfore you attack it again.
Old July 17, 2002, 16:50   #4
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:30
seen it lots of times-- just come to accept it as different broods of wild animals going at each other

also interesting is when there is a fungal pop beneath your own units and you need to move them off the worm stack or risk their damage/destruction when you kill the tower
Old July 17, 2002, 17:16   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:30
Re: Spore Launchers attack each other
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
the title is self-explanitory. i pop a pod, get surrounded by worms and launchers. the first the they do is attack each other

so, i was wondering, does anyone else see this, is there something wrong with me, or is this just another SMAX bug we have to live with?

Edit: im a prince now!
Nope, just two animals going at it. Or maybe theyre fighting over you....
Old July 17, 2002, 18:15   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

maybe i didn't say that, but only the launchers attack each other, not the worms. the one that wins never seems to lose any hit points though. i've also seen artillery get a 100% hasty penalty attacking launchers, even though they havn't moved yet.
Old July 17, 2002, 18:23   #7
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 23:30
There are some quirky bugs with artillery. The spore launcher thing is one of them. I have had situations where I had multiple foils along an enemy coast to bombard tile improvements, terraformers, etc. Sometimes (and I don't know what determines when those times are) one of my foils will 'defend' the enemy coast and two of my foils will fight 'til one is destroyed.

Quite annoying.
Old July 17, 2002, 20:45   #8
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
There are some quirky bugs with artillery. The spore launcher thing is one of them. I have had situations where I had multiple foils along an enemy coast to bombard tile improvements, terraformers, etc. Sometimes (and I don't know what determines when those times are) one of my foils will 'defend' the enemy coast and two of my foils will fight 'til one is destroyed.

Quite annoying.
Ya think? I played a game as the pirates once, and attacked an enemy base and manage to capture a foil defending the city. Next available foil I had I used to bombard a speeder parked outside the city. What happened wa the newly captured foil defended the speeder and had an artillery duel with my foil. Hey! You're on my side now!

You'd think that this sort of communication error doesn't occur in the future anymore.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 18, 2002, 08:54   #9
Method
Emperor

the pirates capturing ships in bases was fixed by the patch IIRC
Old July 18, 2002, 15:27   #10
waab
Prince

Local Time: 06:30
I have seen the same bug, I think it is very intressting
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 19, 2002, 22:07   #11
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 00:30
Re: Spore Launchers attack each other
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG

Yup, seen it a lot of times, even when the unit I used to pop the pod was a Spore launcher!

Anyways, a new one hit me tonite I thought I'd share: wild worms invaded a square that had a bunker in it. I moved my missile speeder to the attack, expecting to take out both worms, as is the case every time you kill the primary wild worm defender. Lo and behold, the second worm in the bunker is protected from destruction by the bunker! FYI to those who weren't aware of this.

D

-=Vel=-
Old July 20, 2002, 00:01   #12
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:30
Re: Re: Spore Launchers attack each other
Quote:
Originally posted by Darsnan
Lo and behold, the second worm in the bunker is protected from destruction by the bunker! FYI to those who weren't aware of this.

D
Smart worms. They aren't called mindworms for nothing.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon