Old July 17, 2002, 15:25   #1
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 04:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Department of Public Works
This thread is for those concerned about tile improvement in Apolytonia to voice their opinions. Feel free to send my private mesages as well. I will do my best as Minister of Public Works to hear all your concerns and serve Apoytonia's citizens as best I can.
Old July 17, 2002, 15:27   #2
Robber Baron
Prince

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks for opening this up, Goodfella.
Do you see opportunities ahead for stacking our workers, so that improvements come on-line sooner? Perhaps on the road to Banana HQ project (once the production improvements surrounding the new city are finished).
Old July 17, 2002, 15:42   #3
Edrix

GoodFella, two questions:
- What's your policy on new workers being sent to America? Do you think we should have some there to help improve the land after the war, or is it too much of a risk?

and

- Do you feel that we should immediately send new workers to any new city sites (like on Uber Isle) once we create them, or should we keep them in the core to help improve our existing infrastrucutre?

Old July 17, 2002, 16:28   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:31
Do you think we should mine the last unmined grassland near Termina as soon as possible (7 turns with the worker south of Tassagrad if I calculated correctly), or have you other priorities ?
Old July 18, 2002, 03:42   #5
GoodFella
Warlord

Right now I am in favor of stacking. First north of Tassagrad to build road, then south to build another road, then back north to build a mine in the cleared spot. After I want jungle cleared south of Banana H.Q..

I don't see too much of risk in sending workers to America. Hopefully, we'll capture some of theirs though and they'will have already put in improvements.

So far we don't know what Uber Isle is like. If it proves good for settlemnt, I would be in favor of sending one worker after we have our selves dug in there.

I need to check the game again, but right now I am in favor of working on the tiles around Tassagrad and Banana H.Q., as they need the most work done.
Old July 19, 2002, 01:50   #6
GoodFella
Warlord

1400 B.C
Worker south of Tassagrad moves southeast.
Old July 19, 2002, 07:49   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:31
Termina is 2 turns from growth as at 1400BC. When it expands, it will put a new worker on either the coast or the last cleared grassland - which is unmined and unroaded. I do not know how much Termina's production factors into plans, but if we could get a worker there ASAP, we can ensure we get another shield and arrow out of that city at least.

Apolyton is growing too slowly to worry about - ne further terrain improvements needed there.

Banana HQ is fine at the mo' as well, but when it grows in 8 turns all it can do with the worker is get 1 food + 2 arrows out of the coast, or 1 shield from the mountain.

We must look at when we can free up the two workers we have to improve these cities also.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 19, 2002, 08:06   #8
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 05:31
I suggest to build the road Apolyton-Tassagrad-BananaHQ ASAP. It shall speed up our attacking armies and reinforcements. If we capture workers in America (we will!), let them start to build a road from America toward Apolyton. We shall have a road to America. This has 3 main benefits:

- It's a quick way out of the jungle for our armies, even for War Chariots.
- It'll lessen the corruption of the captured American cities, when they're connected with our capital.
- Our productive cities will be connected to the Dyes in America.

A road, that's it.
Old July 19, 2002, 09:15   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

I do agree that the road as detailed by Sn00py should be constructed first - the plan towards the war should take precedence above all else.

The war is a huge gamble, and our only real choice. We must throw everything we have into it, to maximize our chances. This includes cooperation from ALL government departments, kinda like an assumption of an overruling executive jurisdiction in a state of emergency.

Old July 19, 2002, 09:46   #10
Robber Baron
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
... kinda like an assumption of an overruling executive jurisdiction in a state of emergency.
Careful. Don't encourage Uber!
Old July 20, 2002, 03:07   #11
GoodFella
Warlord

Yes, I am aware that Termina is going to expand soon. FOr the moment though, I decided it was most important to improve the tiles to the south of Tassagrad and finish the road to Banana H.Q. I felt that it was more important to improve the tiles around these two cities because they will also be expanding fairly soon it will definately not experience any of the unhappiness that I suspect Termina will get when it grows to a population of 4. After the road to Tassagrad is finished though, I might divert a worker over to improve the tile near Termina (if still neccessary and if it is favored over cutting jungle).
Old July 20, 2002, 03:21   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

You have a good head on those shoulders, GoodFella. Glad to see you are taking everything into account - your priorities seem to me to be the most sensible.

From your plans, assuming that the next pop point in Termina can be employed other than as an Entertainer, how long do you think it would be (assuming we have just the two workers we currently do), until Termina starts to see some improvements?

Old July 20, 2002, 03:44   #13
GoodFella
Warlord

Actually to my surprise I discovered we have three workers.

Currently one is cutting jubgle between Tassagrad and Banana H.Q. and will be finished I believe in 1350 B.C when I'll have it begin building a road.

The other two are currently stacked on the south-south-east tile of Tassagrad. One is already building a mine and next turn I'll have the just moved one finish it (1375 B.C.)

Then I'll have the two build roads on the new mine tile and the tile directly south of Tassagrad.

By 1275 B.C I think I'll have a worker availabe to either mine the tile by Termina or cut jungle by Tassagrad/Banana H.Q. Right now I am leaning towards cutting jungle but it's too early to tell.

Thanks for the compliment, just trying to make sure I do the best job possible.
Old July 21, 2002, 03:46   #14
GoodFella
Warlord

I should be able to make it tommarow (Sunday) for the next turnchat but in case I can't here are the plans:

1375 B.C.
Worker in south-south-eastern tile of Tassagrad builds mine.

1350 B.C.
Both workers after finishing mine on south-south-eastern tile of Tassagrad build road.
Worker finishes clearing jungle and between Tassagrad and Banana H.Q. builds road.

1325 B.C.
Road on south-south-eastern tile finished, move both workers to the tile directly south of Tassagrad.

1300 B.C.
Both workers directly south of Tassagrad build a road. Worker between Tassagrad and Banana H.Q. finishes road and begins work on mine.

1275 B.C.
Put another worker on building mine between Tasssagrad and Banana H.Q.
Put third worker into cutting jungle on river by Banana H.Q. (or any jungle tile pending best judgement of time and quality).
Old July 21, 2002, 13:57   #15
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

one of the workers is a babylonian indentured serverant and only works at half pace (well, "normal" pace because we are industrailist).

that worker suprised me the first time i saw it too, then i remembered the trade deals
Old July 22, 2002, 00:09   #16
GoodFella
Warlord

I'll post the worker actions of Sunday's turnchat later. Right now I must bring to everyone's attention that I won't be here for Friday's turnchat and probably not next Sunday's either. We must plan ahead for as many turns as possible and if anyone has any urgent requests for workers get them to me ASAP and be as specific as possible. Feel free to PM me.
Old July 22, 2002, 04:30   #17
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Edrix
- Do you feel that we should immediately send new workers to any new city sites (like on Uber Isle) once we create them, or should we keep them in the core to help improve our existing infrastrucutre?
RE: Uber Isle
If we do set up a settlement there, we should let it look out for itself and build its own workers. Transporting workers by sea is too much of a hassle, we would rather have our galley(s) explore the rest of Uber coast and then the coasts of our beloved continent.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 25, 2002, 02:38   #18
GoodFella
Warlord

Time to rescue this from page three.

First off I have opened a poll to decide a temporary replacement for the next two turnchats. The candidates are Sir Ralph, UberKrux, and Spiffor. Please take the time to vote.

Here's a short guideline I posted in the poll of what needs to be done by the temp, with the highlights in bold for easy reading:

Tiles need to be prepared (i.e. mined and roaded) around Tassagrad and Banana H.Q. since they will soon grow.

Hopefully, the temple in Apolyton will quell unhappiness, so tiles around Apolyton also need improvement.

Afterwards, it would probably be best to cut jungle, particularly around Tassagrad and Banana H.Q.. If it is safe, it wouldn't hurt to start the road to America as well.

With the slaves from America, whatever needs to be done I guess, but roads should be a high priority.

Well, good luck to my temporary replacement, the army, the government, and Apolytonia and all of its citizens.