View Poll Results: Which of these diplomatic options would you support adding in PTW?
Make peace with X. 3 37.50%
Cancel your ROP with X. 1 12.50%
Concentrate your attack on X city. 2 25.00%
Trade embargo of certain items, like iron or oil. 0 0%
Cease-Fire Treaty. 1 12.50%
Concentrate your research on X, while I concentrate on Y. 0 0%
Global - Pollution Reduction Treaties 1 12.50%
Global - START treaties. 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 17, 2002, 17:04   #1
Palleon
Warlord

Local Time: 22:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Diplomacy Wishlist
These are a couple of things that I thought would be nice to add to diplomacy, please vote for what you like, and feel free to add what you think I missed, or tell me which you didn't like.

Edit - Let me explain a few, a lot came from SMAC.

1) Make peace with X : Self explanatory I think.

2) Cancel your ROP with X. I've had a lot of neutral nations allow enemy units to use their rails to invade me. If they won't ally with me, I'd like at least for them to not allow units to go through their territory to attack.

3) Concentrate you attack on X city. : This way you and your allies can have some form of combat strategy.

4) Trade Embargo of certain items. : This could have less of an angering effect on a civ, if you just want to prevent from from building certain units, or if the AI doesn't want to lose a lucurative luxury trade, but you don't want them to make tanks.

5) Cease-Fire Treaty : A temporary 5-10 turn peace treaty, instead of 20, to let everyone catch their breath, and maybe work out something more permanent.

6) Concentrate your research. : The AI already does this, it would be nice if the human could get in on this, I just don't know if the AI would be willing to trade with you afterwards, and humans will do this without a treaty, but it would still be a nice feature.

7) Global - Pollution Reduction Treaties : If they allow a SMAC style UN, this would make every civ lose a certain % of shields from every city they have, to reduce pollution by so much. So if everyone has to reduce pollution by 10%, some civs might lose 1-2 shields a city, others more if they pollute more.

8) START treaties : Limits the amount of nuclear weapons each civ can have, and if they go over, they must pay fines to the UN.

Last edited by Palleon; July 17, 2002 at 17:18.
Old July 17, 2002, 17:20   #2
Palleon
Warlord

Ok, you were supposed to be able to vote for multiple items, that doesn't appear to have worked, if a moderator could fix that, I'd appriciate it.
Old July 18, 2002, 01:58   #3
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Palleon
Ok, you were supposed to be able to vote for multiple items, that doesn't appear to have worked, if a moderator could fix that, I'd appriciate it.
Unfortunately, that's the one thing that mods/admins can't do with polls. Sorry.
Old July 18, 2002, 03:20   #4
Palleon
Warlord

Bleh. Then I'll repost, hopefully with it working. Can a mod/admin delete this thread then?