Old July 27, 2002, 13:13   #31
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Aggie - 2100 GMT = 0800 here. This time is OK, but on days OTHER than Sunday, Monday and Thursday. Otherwise 2200 to 2400 any day, and 2200 to 1400 GMT on Mon/Tues, Tues/Wed, Thurs/Fri, Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun. Hell, I could even get up between 1400 and 2100 on some days, particularly Fri and Tue.

So basically, there are very few times/days that don't suit me. The turnchats seem to be scheduled in these times/days.

If I'm annoyed enough from another missed turnchat or two, I may post an (UNOFFICIAL ) poll on times that suit ppl here. If there is no alternative I may have to resign myself to missing things. At least until it forces me to emigrate.

Oh, and thanks for the thought, Aggie.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 29, 2002, 06:22   #32
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

So the next one will be Friday 2100 GMT /1600 EST as usual?

Old July 29, 2002, 13:13   #33
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I might not be able to make it this Tuesday. I'm going to the movies, pick up a DVD, and get a hair cut - in that order. The movie starts at 11:55 est.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 30, 2002, 04:08   #34
GoodFella
Warlord

Local Time: 04:31
I have returned
Congradulations on the victory over the Americans. Now where and who next?

Thankyou for assuming my duties while I was gone Sir Ralph.

Unfortunately thoughg, I probably won't be available once again for tommarow's turnchat, but basiclly just keep clearing jungle and improving land around Tassagrad and Banana H.Q.. If I recall correctly, they're our fastest growing cities in that region. Keep building the road connecting America with Apolytonia. I also recommend diverting one or two of workers in Apolytonia to road building to speed up the Gaia-Banana H.Q. road construction, and to then get a strong start on building a road to philly (which I recommend changing to "GF's Shack of Love"). I recommend diverting at least one, preferably two, non-slave to get a better worker bonus.
Old July 30, 2002, 09:09   #35
Timeline
King

GF, what about instead of building a road to america we get a road to our new iron?
Old July 30, 2002, 12:03   #36
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:31
Goodfella : read your PMs. My succestion could interest you
Old July 30, 2002, 15:43   #37
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Will there be a chat today?
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old July 30, 2002, 17:58   #38
Spiffor

I definietely think we should have a turnchat before Friday, at the very least. We need a moment where more officials are available.
In 30 July's turnchat, we had only 3 ministers, who took all the decisions (Timeline, SirRalph and myself). As a result, things were slower, and officials couldn't animate the public chatroom, because of work overload

I think the presence of Uber is must, since we need someone to give precise orders quickly (during this turnchat, the triumvirate discussed most moves)

We also need to reelect a city planner. This time, I came up with a temporary city planning project, which was approved through quickpoll, but this is not as satisfactory as the work of a true city planner.
Old July 30, 2002, 22:11   #39
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
I definietely think we should have a turnchat before Friday, at the very least. We need a moment where more officials are available.
In 30 July's turnchat, we had only 3 ministers, who took all the decisions (Timeline, SirRalph and myself). As a result, things were slower, and officials couldn't animate the public chatroom, because of work overload
I was there for part of it....
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old July 30, 2002, 22:32   #40
GoodFella
Warlord

D'oh! I just got back and forgot we have to connect iron and dyes. MIssed the turnchat, but yes, we have plenty of good tiles around Apolytonian Plains, roads to iron, dyes, and Philly need to be built now.
Old July 31, 2002, 03:26   #41
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 05:31
I will be definitely unable to make it to the turnchat next Thursday. I am trying to send my deputy (Will 5001), but he has not responded yet to my question. If none of us will participate, I will post general orders. Precise per-turn orders are impossible, as too many depends on the situation if sending settler stacks.

Ah yes, and a big fat for our president. Most active ministers asked to reduce the frequency of turnchats, in order to be able to make polls, but he turns out not a president, but a despot.
Old July 31, 2002, 07:10   #42
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Yeah, not so great when you can't turn up to them all.

I might almost be inclined to encourage more turnchats. Laws of probability state one might actually fall on a good day/time for me for once.

Old July 31, 2002, 07:34   #43
Harovan
staff

I just got Will's positive response. So my deputy Will 5001 is going to do my duties on the upcoming turnchat Aug 1st. He has instructions about priorities and the power to decide himself, if something unforeseen happens.
Old July 31, 2002, 08:23   #44
Spiffor

I also disagree with Ninot's decision. A boost was needed last week, because of constitutional squibbling, but we must calm down now, and have a turnchat at least every 3 days.
I still think Friday 21:00 GMT is much better.
Old July 31, 2002, 09:55   #45
Apocalypse
Emperor

Why Friday? I think we shouldn't have turnchats on that day. It gives people an excuse to ignore their real lives
Old July 31, 2002, 09:58   #46
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
It gives people an excuse to ignore their real lives
What's a real life?
Old July 31, 2002, 10:24   #47
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

It's only a start, but I have started an unofficial poll about which times on Wednesday/Sunday ppl can turn up to turnchats. We'll look at different days later on. For now this is just info, so no-one get het up about changing times to ones that don't suit them.

You can find it here

Old July 31, 2002, 18:44   #48
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Good idea, MWIA! I hope the ministers take the results into consideration.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old July 31, 2002, 23:11   #49
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I want to play as much as anybody, but a turnchat every 2 days is pushing it pretty far. Though right now it isn't too bad since no wars but still a little slower might be nice.
Aggie
Old August 1, 2002, 14:27   #50
GoodFella
Warlord

I should be at it today, but in case for some inexplicable reason I am not, continue building a road with the 6 worker stack to Ubergorsk, and use the other four workers to cut jungle and start road to Timeline.
Old August 9, 2002, 11:18   #51
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

after some heavy thought, im going with the afternoon turnchat time

however, next Wednesday, i WILL be going with an evening turnchat, to see how things turn out. Please note that next wednesday's turnchat will be the last one under my reign
Old August 9, 2002, 11:24   #52
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:31
I thought 9 PM won the vote...

And I could have made that time as well...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 9, 2002, 11:24   #53
Apocalypse
Emperor

Evening is good. That is really the earliest I'd be able to make it on Wensday.
Old August 9, 2002, 20:01   #54
Ninot
Emperor

OrthO...

it wasnt an official vote, i can ignore it, and i am doing that in a fassion. On weekends, it does seem smarter to do it earlier. So im doing the 9 oclock time on Wednesday. If we get a really good turnout, i hope such a time would be reused in the future (dependning on how much longer we go with chats)
Old August 11, 2002, 01:58   #55
Apocalypse
Emperor

I probably can't make Sunday. We shouldn't need any tech stuff though. Uber can decide since military is important right now. If Uber isn't there then Spiff can decide or you can have a quick poll.
Old August 11, 2002, 09:04   #56
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 00:31
i need the latest save. where can i find it?
Old August 11, 2002, 09:25   #57
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
Here.
Edited to makes the damn link work.
Old August 11, 2002, 09:28   #58
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:31
AFAIK, is the 570 BC save.
Old August 11, 2002, 09:28   #59
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 00:31
thanks.

i forgot that it was there. for some reason, i thought it was in this thread.
Old August 13, 2002, 01:48   #60
Ninot
Emperor

Bumping this. Notice the turnchat has become a turnthread.