Old July 18, 2002, 09:22   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Drawing Hands
Well, I've finally gotten around to writing another story...

DRAWING HANDS

Chapter 1: The Game of Drawing, Part 1:
June 12, 2073.

Ralph Stevenson drove though the streets of London in his bubble car. Today was the day of the release of Civilization XXXIV, the latest installment of the most successful game series that there ever was. Civ34 supposedly had a feature in which you could look at individual people in the game and follow there lives. It used cutting edge AI, and it was the first time a game used cognitive sciences to simulate its AI.

Ralph walked into the computer store. It had just opened with the game, but he had already reserved a copy. After validating his ID, he received his copy. He rushed back to his bubble car and drove home...

Just a teaser, I plan on making thisa very odd story
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hands.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	19876  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; July 19, 2002 at 18:49.
Old July 18, 2002, 11:26   #2
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
intersting, that old sid is still arnoud
Old July 18, 2002, 12:02   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

nope he isnt...just wait for the next part

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old July 18, 2002, 15:07   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:33
Realistically, that should be possible by 2012 If Moore's law has any say And, due to the fact taht civ releases onhly once every 4 or 5 years... (civ I 1992... civ II 1996 civ III 2001) Civ wouldn't quite be up to XXXIV

-
Sid is a simulated person right now isn't he- sucked into the game
-
Note: If you wanted to make this a longer story, you could extend the intro with more description of the society
-
I'll keep reading...
Old July 19, 2002, 18:22   #5
civman2000
Emperor

Chapter 1, Part 2:
As soon as he got home, Ralph rushed to his computer system. He quickly opened the box that had the game, and a picture of Sid Meier's cryonically preserved body. He looked at the picture and then set it aside. He inserted the disk.

A screen came up asking him if he wished to install Civilization XXXIV. He clicked "Yes". In two minutes it was installed!

THe interface of the game was quite odd. When he started the game, he could choose when he wanted to start. Howabout 2073, this year? he thought. He entered 2073 as the year to start, and decided to play as the Americans on the world map.

The situation was a very difficult one: The Greek Empire was secretly at war with America. If the people found out about the war, there would be major unrest.

After th first turn, a message popped up, coming from his foreign advisor: "We have reason to believe that the Greeks have agents armed with nuclear weapons in some of our cities!"

DAmmit! thought Ralph. He called together the cabinet.

"I think we can send elite police in on time to stop them," said the military advisor.

"But the war will then be public!" warned the PR advisor.

"The war will be popular though," said the Underminister of Propoganda.

"But Greece will anounce that we've been at war with them and that will hurt us a lot internationally!" said the Foreign advisor.

Ralph finally decided, however to go with the military advisor's suggestion.

As the elite police swooped down into the 7 cities, Ralph decided to take a look at the new features of watching individuals. He chose to look at one of the Elite Police that was with the group in Chicago.

His name was Jared Cooper. He was 6' 3'', with very short brown hair and blue eyes. He had been an Elite Policeman for 9 years, since he was 22.

As he flew above Chicago, he searched for the target. Checking his equipment, it was still supposed to be further East. His job in the mission would be to sneak up and detain the target while the others distracted him and destroyed the nuke. He actually had to dig under the ground and get him by surprise. He had done it only one other time, and was very nervous.

A message came over his radio: "We've got him in view! Wing B has the target in view! Has Wing D found the nuke yet?"

REply from Wing A: "Negative. WE think it might be underground though."

Then Jared saw the target. His equipment confirmed it. "The Mole has target in view!" he called over the radio. "Should I go down?"

Central Command replied: "Yes. get under him and leap on him when it's time."

Part of the plan was that the nuke would be destroyed before Wings B and C approached the target. He most likely had an emergency detonator on him, and he would hold the Police back with the threat of pushing it, only to be tken from below.

Jared dived towards the special Mole Hole, as they were known. As he approached, it read his access number and opened. He turned on his lights, and dove into it.

As he left the small landing area, his equipment automatically began digging a 10-foot diameter area around him. His equipment showed his relative position to the target. It would probably take about 5 minutes to get to him.

Suddenly, the digging stopped, as a large metal object appeared. "Oh ****!" he said over the radio. "Wing A, I think I've found the nuke!"

Comments appreciated and more are requested !

Last edited by civman2000; July 19, 2002 at 18:50.
Old July 19, 2002, 18:37   #6
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 00:33
pretty good . I think it is moving a bit fast though, maybe slow it down with more details, description ect.

Anyway, keep it up
Old July 19, 2002, 18:39   #7
civman2000
Emperor

yeah, all of my stories ave always gone quickly .

I have almost the entire story planned out right now.

Old July 23, 2002, 07:16   #8
civman2000
Emperor

Chapter 1, Part 3;

"You found the nuke??" came the reply.

"Well, that's what the GeigerWatch is saying. And it looks like it could be it."

"OK, I want you to stay where you are. We'll get two more moles down there. It'll take about 10 minutes most likely."

"OK."

10 minutes! Did we have 10 minutes? The target might hear news about operations that had already taken place in other cities before 10 minutes was over!

SO Jared waited there impatiently. He was very cold. The Mole suits were supposed to keep you warm, but he felt cold anyways. He looked at his watch. Still 8 more minutes.

He thought about what would happen if the nuke exploded while he was down there. The idea was incomprehensible. It was too big for one mind to envision, but he tried. He would be the first one to die, the first person to die from a nuclear weapon since 1945. He shuddered.

He looked at his watch again. 1 minute. He heard the moles coming. Finally they appeared. When they saw the nuke. They cursed.

"OK, get out of the way. Find the targe, he'll have moved quite a bit by now. We're behind schedule, Wings B and C are having trouble staying out of sight. Most of them have landed and turned on their camoflaugers, but you knowhow much it costs to keep thos things going for long. We'll dismantle this thing as quick as we can. Make sure you're under the target when Wings B and C come!"

Jared left in a hurry. THe target was quite far away, but was now standing right on top of a mole hole! There would be no chance of needing for repairs to the road afterwards, and it would be overall more comfortable coming up.

Over the radio, he heard the words, "Nuke dismantled. Go in."

He was only a few feet away from being right under the target. He heard tje commotion above him, and then the magic word: "Mole Blastoff!" He Fired up his jets and blasted under the target, knocking him down. He then pounced on the target and handcuffed him. Operation successful.

Then a message came over the radio. "Atlanta. Atlanta--" It paused. "Is gone. Operation failed in Atlanta."

Atlanta. The home of his family. Jared burst into tears.

At this point, Ralph stopped watching Jared and turned to figuring out how to respond to the nuke. However, the computer continued to watch Jared....