Bananna / Don't Care 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 19, 2002, 12:41   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 23:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
SMC's Warpath
Basic overview, i think the map may speak for itself.

Initial Attack: Archer/Spear stack moves NW 6 times then N twice. this bypasses the river, and there is no defensive terrain immediately surrouding washington, so that grassland is as good as the other 7. for stack defense purposes.

The initial attack is launching the second we get 2 spears and 6 archers. immediately after it leaves, i would like to begin amassing a small refresher army on the moutain again, consisting of 1 spearman and however many archers we can amass.

After Washington is subdued, 1 spearman and all remaining archers but one (one will be left in washington as a garrison / offensive defender) will move SE 4 times, and due E once. This bypasses the river (its hard to see on my map but it's there)

On the THIRD move of the main stack, the refresher stack begins it's movement. the stacks should end up at New York at the same time, allowing the refresher army to do its job, and to make quick work of New York.

this should get us Washington and NY easily. The question is do we want Boston or Philly as our third target?

Philly will get autorazed, Boston wont (im assuming it grows / get the palace).

leaving them with Philly leaves them totally crippled for a long time. leaving them with boston lets them grow a bit more, perhaps stay close in the tech race, and vassalizes them until they get too strong and we crush them.

i'm also makig this a poll so we can see which we should get.

Also note they may build more cities by the time we begin.
Old July 19, 2002, 12:43   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

attaching would be nice wouldnt it?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	maintroopmovement.gif
Views:	151
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	19992  
Old July 19, 2002, 12:53   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 00:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Excelent plan. I am not sure what you want by the vote - which one to take or which one to leave them.

I say leave them philly - we can take it at our leasure sometime in the future. This leaves us access to the unclaimed land to the northwest - although we will still have to race against germany adn greece to get it.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 19, 2002, 13:02   #4
Robber Baron
Prince

Boston. It would be a long haul for the troops, but establishing a strong presence as far north as we can throw our power is an urgent imperative.

A fourth option was not listed: sue for peace after taking Washington and NY. Assuming the capital has moved to Boston, I guess we demand Philly (not a great acquisition, but basically free. And one day well down the road, after laborious improvement, a good site.)
Old July 19, 2002, 13:03   #5
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Uber, this is a difficult decison and I am not 100% either way. For the record I would like to get one of these cities in trade at surrender. They also may have another ciry by then so we can get both, One by attack one by surrender. The northern city opens up incense valley perhaps(and maybe there next city will be there) and this city won't autoraze as you pointed out. The southern city would secure our homeland and is a good point for starting the war with france, so if we attack that one our forces will end up at the staging area. If we autoraze this one I would want a settler ready to build on the nearby grassland. Hard decison, but I go with attacking the north one and hope they have another city and we'll get this in surrender. This would consolidate our land, I hate having narrow thin strips, they are jsut too vulnerable.
Aggie
Old July 19, 2002, 13:05   #6
Edrix

Send our troops to Boston. If they only have Philadelphia remaining, they'll be too weak to do anything again.

Old July 19, 2002, 13:05   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:37
Or sue for peace and obtain philly after taking NY, then move the stacks towards France...Boston can be dealt with in due time. Leaving them Boston will also let them get a few settlers out, and therefore more towns, for the next phase. (I know, you want them destroyed, but I am still advocating pruning)

Where are the American workers? They should be secondary targets if not near NY anymore.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 19, 2002, 13:05   #8
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

The poll is which one to take, sorry for any confusion!
Old July 19, 2002, 13:07   #9
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Robber Baron
Boston. It would be a long haul for the troops, but establishing a strong presence as far north as we can throw our power is an urgent imperative.

A fourth option was not listed: sue for peace after taking Washington and NY. Assuming the capital has moved to Boston, I guess we demand Philly (not a great acquisition, but basically free. And one day well down the road, after laborious improvement, a good site.)
i disagree. while i'm not the IE minister, i'd say Philly is in a HORRIBLE spot.

not only for geographic concerns, but for fitting into any cityplan we could draw up in this jungle.
Old July 19, 2002, 13:07   #10
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:37
Did you provide time for healing in Washington ?
Old July 19, 2002, 13:07   #11
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
Did you provide time for healing in Washington ?
the stack wouldnt move until all are healed. it's more time for archers for the refresher stack anyway
Old July 19, 2002, 13:10   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

i disagree. while i'm not the IE minister, i'd say Philly is in a HORRIBLE spot.

not only for geographic concerns, but for fitting into any cityplan we could draw up in this jungle.
I APPEARS a horrible spot, but I am willing to bet it has gunpowder, knowing that the AI can see it already...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 19, 2002, 13:10   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I APPEARS a horrible spot, but I am willing to bet it has gunpowder, knowing that the AI can see it already...
gunpowder on jungle?

maybe u mean rubber?
Old July 19, 2002, 13:12   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Sorry, yeah, I was confused on the names there for a sec. Thought you were talking boston...but rubber is likely, there is no logic to the placement...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 19, 2002, 13:12   #15
Edrix

ADDITONAL COMMENT:
If we leave them with Boston, they could expand unchecked to the north (near Fragrant Valley and the Ivory Coast). Whereas Philly is much closer to home, and we could keep them under control more easily. Plus, we should probably have Boston if we plan on making Washington the capitol city of the new empire (unless we're building FP near Fragrant Valley - but that's another thread).

Old July 19, 2002, 13:15   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Unless we wait 10 turns before taking boston, it too will be autorazed. Those cities they make to the north can just be sued for in the next phaze, thus sparing us the time to send a settler team up there (unless Greece decides to take them...) We could end this war in 10 turns by taking Washington and NY, then gear up for France MUCH quicker while letting the weakened Americans build our cities for us.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 19, 2002, 13:19   #17
Robber Baron
Prince

Yeah, maybe allowing America to expand north works in our favor -- by staving off encroachment from other civs. (I figure those cities are ours anyway, eventually. )
Old July 19, 2002, 13:21   #18
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I would say take Boston. We wanted to expand north and around greece, right? So let's do it. Puts us closer to incense area
Old July 19, 2002, 13:30   #19
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

If we extend the campaign to Boston or Philly, it will take more than 20 turns. To keep it within 20 turns, we should take New York first.
Old July 20, 2002, 13:29   #20
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Make peace after taking Washington and taking/razing New York. Try to get Philadelphia as prize for peace. Right, it is a horrible spot, but a good placeholder and doesn't cost anything. We can later disband it by building a settler and move it to a better spot. So we'll have a settler for free.

Boston will be the new American capital, and will be taken later. Right now, it is not of much use, because it will be completely corrupt. Just let Abe build some more cities, they'll all be ours after a time. If we won't do this, we'll have to build all the cities ourselves.
Old July 20, 2002, 13:44   #21
Kuciwalker
Deity

Sue for Philly. Bottle the Americans in by taking Incense Valley and/or the Ivory Coast.
Old July 21, 2002, 10:34   #22
EmperorMagnus
Settler

Why sue for Philly? Uber Krux was right, it flat out sucks as a city. Get Boston and sue for gold, gpt, and techs if they have them. As for leaving the Americans at Boston to stave off other civs, couldn't we do a better job of that than the Americans could?
Old July 21, 2002, 11:23   #23
Kuciwalker
Deity

True. Also, the Germans will do a far better job as a buffer than the weakened Americans.
Old July 21, 2002, 13:52   #24
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

hrm. i suppose we COULD sue for philly, even if it's worthless at this point in time. it does ensure that the french dont plop a city there to aoy us....

interesting...
Old July 21, 2002, 16:09   #25
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Banana. Take Philly in peace terms. Immediately set it to build a settler and move the city to fit our preferred grid.
Old July 25, 2002, 01:06   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:37
BLISS! Ladies and gentlefruit, may I present the hard-to-find war plans for America. This is what I have been looking for - what we can expect to happen during a turnchat coming very soon to a time inconvenient for you.

In the interest of keeping informed aabout the GAME itself, keep this on page 1 until we have finished with it!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 25, 2002, 01:17   #27
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i went to the outback today (aussie resturant here in the states) so i have an aussie vocabulary...

errr...

bonzer?

Old July 25, 2002, 01:25   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:37
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
i went to the outback today (aussie resturant here in the states) so i have an aussie vocabulary...

errr...

bonzer?

Who's Australian?!

OK, someone can't tell the enormous differences between Oz and Kiwi flags.

And I THINK it's "bonza". You silly galah.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old July 25, 2002, 02:01   #29
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Who's Australian?!

OK, someone can't tell the enormous differences between Oz and Kiwi flags.

And I THINK it's "bonza". You silly galah.
no, i can tell the difference, but again i'm an american.

you're whole continent is called australia. therefroe you are an australian as much as a chinese person is an asian.

this doesnt go back to the sheep does it?
Old July 25, 2002, 07:50   #30
iain
Settler

Local Time: 04:37
I thought the continent was called australaisia. Although my spelling,I think, is wrong.