Old July 19, 2002, 13:38   #1
Keeper of Hell
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Military alliance bug?
Here's the situation: Large map, Continents, Random everything else. Regent difficulty. Aztecs declare war on me (China) after I refuse to let them threaten me into giving them a tech. I immediately secure a military alliance with America, who declares on the Aztecs, as normal. Now, here's the weird part. 3 turns later, America signs a military alliance with Babylon vs. Aztecs... but Babylon *doesn't* declare war after signing! I thought perhaps it just had not been announced, but the war line doesn't show up under Foreign Advisor either, though the alliance lines do. Anyone seen this bug before? Is Babylon actually at war and just not showing it? Oh, by the way, this was in a game created and played under 1.21, so it's not a problem with the new patch.
Old July 19, 2002, 14:06   #2
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 22:37
Do you have an embassy with Babylon?
Old July 19, 2002, 14:55   #3
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 23:37
America has to be attacked by the Aztecs before Bab will declare war... or have they
Old July 19, 2002, 15:15   #4
delsolsi
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Wise Ass
America has to be attacked by the Aztecs before Bab will declare war... or have they
Thats how I believe it works with an MPP, but a millitary alliance is different. Every time I've set one up, the civ I set it up with instantly declares war on the civ that the alliance is against. No waiting to be attacked.