Old July 20, 2002, 11:34   #1
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 04:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Default Money Resource
Down at the bottom right-hand corner of the General Settings Rules page is the Default Money Resource, with a drop down menu of reources. It's currently set to 'None'. what it's significance?
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old July 20, 2002, 11:58   #2
Ijuin
Prince

Local Time: 13:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Whenever you explore a goody hut and get a gift of gold, the "money resource" selected in the Editor will appear in the square where the hut was. If you wish to set a resource for it, it is suggested that you choose a Bonus resource and not a Luxury or Strategic resource, as creating new sources of these after the start of the game can be unbalancing, and can even cause the game to crash if you have selected a Strategic resource for which you do not possess the required technology.

Personally, I set the default money resource to Gold. Choosing Game, Wheat, or Cattle may cause the game to crash if the game attempts to place them on Hill or Mountain tiles if you get money from a goody hut placed there.
Old July 20, 2002, 12:31   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 21:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ijuin
Whenever you explore a goody hut and get a gift of gold, the "money resource" selected in the Editor will appear in the square where the hut was. If you wish to set a resource for it, it is suggested that you choose a Bonus resource and not a Luxury or Strategic resource, as creating new sources of these after the start of the game can be unbalancing, and can even cause the game to crash if you have selected a Strategic resource for which you do not possess the required technology.

Personally, I set the default money resource to Gold. Choosing Game, Wheat, or Cattle may cause the game to crash if the game attempts to place them on Hill or Mountain tiles if you get money from a goody hut placed there.
I've never had the problems you mentioned. If I have a resource that's problematic, it just doesn't appear. Although I've always used Strategic resources that were always available.