Old July 21, 2002, 02:58   #1
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Idle workers
What do you usually do when you're done terraforming your continent, and your legion of 48 workers have nothing more to do, not even join cities because they're all full or can't grow anymore? I usually look for blind spots in my territory (spots not within a city radius and start planting forests. A relic from playing SMAC, I suppose.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 21, 2002, 04:46   #2
Ribannah
Queen

Local Time: 05:42
Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
I'd say it's high time to claim victory.
Old July 21, 2002, 07:58   #3
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 05:42
I fortify some units in order to clean pollution swiftly and the other ones I sent to far away cities (which are newer and smaller and let them join the cities. I also usually send some with my invasion forces for support, i.e. fortresses, quickly connect a road.
Old July 21, 2002, 19:10   #4
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I use them to plant forests, build road/railroad network. Depending on the situation, I may use them to connect another civ to my trade network so we can trade. Build fortresses at choke points or on resource squares.

Also, I usually chop down the jungle and replace it with forests. Usually by the time they are finished with the above things, if not before, the pollution is becoming an issue. I may also switch some current improvements between mines and irrigation, based on my needs at the time.

D