Old July 24, 2002, 23:13   #61
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"...And the governors of Italy and Spain as well" an advisor added to President Cinna who had just stepped foot back on the continent after some time in North America. "And what about Morales?" the President asked seeing his name circled on the clipboard the advisor was holding. "He was elected governor of Spain sire" the advisor added slowly "Well send him a fruit basket or something, just keep an eye on him, I don't trust him one bit" Cinna remarked. He paused then said "Until an army marches through the city square, I would get the UNE leaders out of Brussels, it's better to invite them to Copenhagen, where at least their safety will not be in jeopardized. Give me an update on our victorious European army as soon as it tears through Spain." "Agreed sire." And that was that.
Old July 26, 2002, 11:08   #62
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
bump, i think its short life has ended
Old July 26, 2002, 14:27   #63
Space05us
King

Local Time: 16:45
ooc:it hasn't died it just ran into a road block. everyone is waiting for someone else to make a move.

Ic:
NEW FLASH
The fighting between Russian and European citizens has spread. There have been incidents of brawls breaking out in airports all over the world, and fishing vessles being sunk in the meditteranean (sp).
Old July 26, 2002, 14:53   #64
jdd2007
NationStates
King

General JDD invades Spain, fighting deep into the country.
Old July 26, 2002, 15:58   #65
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 05:45
To Internal Minister jdd2007 and President Cinna:

The fighting between Russian people and European people along the border is getting out of hand, we need to reinforce the border NOW

I'll send an ultimatum to the Russian External Minister in a few hours:

External Minister Giovanni Wine

--------------------

To Russia:

You need to control your people, Europe will not substain such an aggression from your people any more. Stop your people now, or we will do it for you.

External Minister of UNE: Giovanni Wine
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old July 26, 2002, 17:27   #66
Space05us
King

word spread fast about the threats coming from Europe. People start getting even more violent and the Russian people start fighting with each other over who controls what part of the boarder. Those who were once docile also become violent due to the threats made by the European leaders. Word has also been spreading that someone plans on bombing the European embassy in Moscow.
Old July 26, 2002, 21:40   #67
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:45
Small civil wars between communists and anti-communists break out throughout Europe.
Here is who controls what:
Portugal: Highly contested
Southern Spain: still held by Morales
Northwest spain: communist rebels gaing strength
Rest of Spain/SW France: Occupied and controlled by JDD's army.
NW France: contested
Rest of France: Communist dominated
GErmany: loyalist
Italy: neutral, still want Giovanni to become president
Belgium: Comm.
Netherlands/Denmark: contested
Corsica and Sardinia: loyalist.

map posted shortly

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 26, 2002, 22:05   #68
jdd2007
NationStates
King

General JDD rules with an iron fist in the areas of his control. The war in Spain is slow, and bloody, but it is not bogged down like a Vietnam. JDD sends back half of the massive army to take and govern all of France and Belgium, and make sure Italy stays loyal.
Old July 26, 2002, 22:12   #69
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

map

Red=communist dominated
Blue=loyalist dominated
purple=contested
green=italians that want giovanni.

Note that the groups are not united, it is not an organized civil war. Except for Morales in S. Spain, all communists are guerrilla rebels or urban mobs. There are 3 main communist groups:
1. Iberian (Spain and Portugal). THe most organized group, led by Morales.
2. French (France and Belgium). Mostly urban mobs.
3. Danish (Denmark). Maostly guerrilla terrorists with Russian aid.

The first loyalist group, in France and SPain, is somewhat unpopular with the people it controls and only controls them by military force (JDD's army). The German militias (The other main loyalist group) ae mostly neonazis. They are constantly having small battles along the border with Russia.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	17
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	20711  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old July 26, 2002, 22:12   #70
jdd2007
NationStates
King

The Loyalist forces of UNE has 8 'army groups' of varying sizes

1 on Russian border
1 in France
1 in Italy
1 in Germany
3 in Spain

1, a mobile army with many tanks, waits in Paris for orders.

To Giovanni Wine: lets control our nation before invading Russia. Do whatever you must to keep peace with our Eastern neighbors. Give them money, anything.
Old July 26, 2002, 22:15   #71
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: Is anyone the leader or external minister of russia? If there were someone we could have a big war!

Old July 26, 2002, 22:30   #72
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw some implicit reference made by cinna that the capital was in copenhagen).

Danish communist terrorists have blowed up the palace in Copenhagen. Cinna was leaving the palace just when it blew, and is now in critical condition at a hospital (OOC: so he can decide whether to die or not. I think it would be more fun if he died).

There are rumors that communist rebels along the northern coast of france are inadvertantly destabilizing the british goverment, but these may just be rumors...

Old July 26, 2002, 23:01   #73
civman2000
Emperor

Despite the army's attempts to keep order, battles between GErmans and French have broken out in Alsace-Lorraine.

The leader of the Neonazis (Johann Schliechen) has announced an official counter-invasion of Russia by the German militias.

Neofascists have appeared throughout italy in response to the neonazis, but so far they have very little power.

Old July 26, 2002, 23:45   #74
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Hm..sorry to interrupt, are there any countries open still? Didn't mean to miss the start of this one, but the OT forum has been keeping me busy and I had computer issues...
Old July 27, 2002, 00:19   #75
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I'll be the leader of Mexico. The leader's name shall be Comrade Juan.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Miguel!" Miguel was Juan's advisor on everything, as there were no others who wanted to be advisors.

"Yes, Comrade?"

"Please update me on the Europe situation."

"Of course, Comrade. They are still in Anarchy, with fighting between the Loyalists and the Communists. The North American Federation, the Russians, and the Japanese have all gotten involved."

"Miguel, I believe that this conflict could be the chance to show ourselves as a world power. We should go support the Communists in Europe!"

"But Comrade... North America would not appreciate this, and they could roll over us from the north."

"Miguel, you must realize that we are much, much stronger than before, with the acquisation of Central and South America."

"Comrade, the North Americans are..."

"Silence! I have an idea. We shall construct an alliance with our Communist brothers in Russia and Japan. With a strong, 3 way alliance, we will probably not suffer defeat."

"A good plan, Comrade, very good, but we should probably station more forces in the North. If we form the alliance, North America might strike us first, to keep our alliance from becoming too powerful."

"Okay, Miguel, it is settled. Station many more forces in the North, and propose the alliance to our communist brothers."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Short:
We station more forces in the North
We propose an alliance to Japan and Russia
Old July 27, 2002, 00:55   #76
Space05us
King

BBBOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!
The morning silence is shattered as a bomb rips through the European embassy in Moscow, many are dead including innocent bystanders and Russian diplomats. There has also been a rebel uprising in Siberia, they are a seperatist group who dont want any part in the inevitable(sp) European conflict.
There have been prison riots all throughout Russia, and demonstrations demanding the government do something about the current violence.

ooc: Verto become the ruler of Russia ((im just the people))
Old July 27, 2002, 06:09   #77
Giovanni Wine
King

To Mexico:
UNE greets the new ruler of Mexico, Juan

To Russia:
Please keep your people under control, I think it is the best for both our nation if we can work together to stop the terrorist that are bombing the European-Russian borders, and the city of Moscow as well.
If you show us a little of cooperation, we will send you financial help to stop this threat.

-----------------

Giovanni Wine, after the bombing of the presidential palace in Copenhagen, flew back to Rome, where he knows his people support him, and will not attempt to his life.

OOC:
Civman..... what is the situation of the people in Australia and Greenland.... are they loyalist?

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old July 27, 2002, 06:53   #78
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

From Japan, To mexico
Hello my communist brother, how are things in mexico?
I have just recieved your letter, asking for an alliance against Europe. What a brilliandt idea! Rest assured my friend, you will have Japan's protection should those capitalist pigs in North America decide to get involved. Im sure Russia would be more than glad to support you aswell.
Old July 27, 2002, 06:56   #79
trickey
Prince

From Japan, To Russia
Hello honoured communist, how are things. I have just recieved a letter from our good friends in Mexico asking for an alliance with you and I. it sounds like a great idea to me, how about you? I believe a joint invasion of europe would be an outstanding idea! Please wrte back when you recieve this.

((looks like we gonna have a big war, whether Russia has a leader or not))
Old July 27, 2002, 08:21   #80
civman2000
Emperor

um, I never was completely sure whether or not Britain was part of the UNE or not. I'm assuming not now, and that's why I havent said anything about greenalnd or australia.

Giovanni is being treated as a national hero in italy. Parades are being held in his honor, and he has been given a small palace to live in.

Morales, having heard about the new leader in mexico, has gotten involved in some diplomacy...

Morales to Mexico:
We need help, especially weapons. Together we can spread communism but not let the world know of your involvement until the time is right for that if you give us advanced weaponry. If I can get some advanced weaponry I can defeat the loyalist army.

The NW Iberian Rebels are gaining strength. They have been taking some lands to the SE of what they controlled preiviously, and used those lands to harass loyalists in Portugal.

With new loyalist forces in france, most of the country is now considered "contested".

In the biggest news so far, however, Schliechen and the Neonazis have split from the rest of the UNE!! Most of the army that was in GErmany was GErman and has joined the neonazis, but those who are foreigners are being slaughtered.

Schliechen demands that JDD accept his authority as the new ruler of the anti-communist forces. He calls for the death of CInna, and calls for Giovanni to use his influence to help hte neofascists to rise to power in italy.

He promises that JDD will remain in charge of the army if he complies and that Giovanni will be governor of Italy and Spain if he complies, and still have authority as External Minister.

Old July 27, 2002, 09:59   #81
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Mexico to Morales:

We will send you some advanced weaponry, if you allow us to station some of our army, navy, and air force in your territory.
Mexico to Japan:

I believe that we should destroy the neonazis first, if we launch a full scale invasion of Europe. They seem to pose the greatest threat at the time. It will also be easy for the Russians to invade them, should Russia join our alliance.
Old July 27, 2002, 11:12   #82
Cinna
Warlord

President Cinna lay helplessly on a hospital bed. It had been about a month since the palace bombing and he hadn't improved a bit since then. Cinna's daughter Contessa kissed her father on the head, and then signed the DNR forms. Within two minutes President Cinna had died, and with him went the last shred of hope for a United Europe. Contessa could be seen wiping a single tear away before boarding an escorted jet to Paris to meet up with JDD. If nothing else she would like to see Morales and the communists either dead or dying.
Old July 27, 2002, 12:35   #83
jdd2007
NationStates
King

So much has happened in the last few weeks, the Generals head is spinning. First things first.

To the world: I saw a glimmer of hope for the UNE when my army marched into Paris, but now, I see the continent for what it is: a ruined land. When Cinna died, my hopes for re-unification went with him. I am saddened about him, but millions of peasants have been killed by the rebels, so I cannot shed a tear over one man. I know what he would have wanted. I know, what his dying wishes were. I declare myself the leader of Europe...

With seemingly infinite rebel groups reappearing, European maps change daily. The continent seems like the Dark ages, with patchworks of feudal kingdoms. Strangely, the most distant lands of the former nation are the most loyal. Australia, the British Isles, Iceland, Greenland and Java all have crushed any signs of rebellions. In fact, the young men have joined "Continental Brigades" that have landed in Barcelona to aid JDD.

To Giovanni: I appoint you internal affairs minister as well. I hope we can work together, for if we feud, we are done for. You have Italy under your control. Giant marches in Rome ask for you to rule. Please, I beg you, use this support to gather an army, march northward and destroy the Nazis that have poisoned Germany. I myself will take the rest of France, Spain, the low countries, then Denmark. The Continental Brigades are a huge help, especially the New Zealanders. They fight like mad!

To Mexico City: Congratulations on your new leader. Intelligence reports that you are aiding the traitors in Spain. How can you do such a thing? Your people are starving, and your ancestors were enslaved, tortured and killed by the very people you are aiding in conspiracy.

To Washington: Thanks for all your financial help. Mexico City is counteracting your generosity by shipping aid to the rebels. Please, ‘persuade’ them who is the more powerful. Once Europe is united, your help will not be forgotten.

To Moscow: L E T S H A V E P E A C E
Old July 27, 2002, 17:51   #84
Giovanni Wine
King

OOC: Wow... things have changed a lot since last time I posted.

IC:
Giovanni Wine took easily control of Italy, and declared himself President of the Italian People.
Acting just like any independent nation, Italy start training a big army, the old Italian flag, and athem are used once again

"Italians" declared Giovanni Wine in a speech "Nazi Germans, have already invaded Northern Italy, we cannot allow this any more, we need to fight back.
Italy will soon be the center of the UNE, we will defeat the Nazi traitors, and soon Europe will be in peace once again, but not ruled by a German centrist organization, This time Europe will be ruled by a true Democratic spirit, where the Italians will have the consideration we deserve.
Let us all work together to defeat the traitors, and rebuild Europe"

--------------------

To jdd2007:
I took control of the situation in Italy, hopefully everything will be allright.

Saluti
Old July 27, 2002, 18:05   #85
trickey
Prince

From Japan, To Italy
Hello my friend. I know we do not see eye to eye on most issuses, and we might not have the best history between our people, but we have a common goal. Destruction of the German Neo-nazis. This group poses a clear threat to the world, and cannot be allowed to expand and develop their evil plans. I am requesting that you let me use your land as foothold to attack the nazis. If not, i will take it by force.
Old July 27, 2002, 18:22   #86
Space05us
King

as the UNE starts looking at the dead rebel bodies they soon realize that some of them are Russian.....
Old July 27, 2002, 20:02   #87
Jonny

To JDD, United States of Europe:

Some of what you say is false, and I wish to tell you the truth.

First of all, my people are not starving. You and most people only believe that because of the Anti-Communist propaganda being spread by the "news" agencies of the Democratic world. The living conditions in the areas we control are the best they have ever been.

Second, the people of Spain that we support are our ancestors. My ancestors, and the ancestors of 90% of the people in my country, are of Spanish decent. The people we support never tortured, enslaved, or killed us. Do not think that we are some "new Aztec Empire," that is foolish!

I also see you are trying to get North America to "persuade" us that they are more powerful. Well, I and my communist brothers can "persuade" the people of North America and Europe, if you so desire.
Old July 28, 2002, 13:46   #88
Space05us
King

ooc: another road block
Old July 28, 2002, 13:50   #89
jdd2007
NationStates
King

To Japan: STAY OUT OF EUROPE!!!

we can fight the nazis ourselves, and any financial, military or technological aid will help solve the problem, but do not invade Germany
Old July 28, 2002, 14:41   #90
Cinna
Warlord

so, can i chose another role or am i just dead