View Poll Results: Is Civil War a good idea for PtW..?
Yes! There should be a big effect 59 90.77%
Maybe... only if it's not too strong an effect 6 9.23%
No! The concept of Civil war is not a good idea 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14, 2002, 17:35   #31
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Local Time: 05:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am all for the re-introduction of a Civil War. I wouldn't hold my breath though. With the upcomming expansion, Firaxis will feel that they've fullfilled their 'quota' of add-ons for a while. They'll make note of the 'wish list', but I doubt they'll seriously consider adding anything like this for another year or so.
Old August 15, 2002, 19:50   #32
TexasPride
Settler

Local Time: 22:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Taking the capitol shouldn't trigger a civil war unless like ADG said the citizens are already exceptionally unhappy. In real life all that would do would maybe be a symbolic victory against that nation. London in WWII was one if not the most important city in that nation industrially. In modern warfare capitals are of no significance unless they have a serious industrial importance (or strategic i suppose). Only in the Napoleonic era was taking the enemy capitol a war ending victory.

That's all beside the point though!

What I want to know is when FIRAXIS will pay attention to whatever business sence they have and give the customers what they want as well as not messin with success.

GIVE US CIVIL WAR!!!!

Texas Above All
Old August 16, 2002, 05:20   #33
Firebird
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimizer
What is ridiculous? I think it seems like a fine idea.
I think he was sarcastic...
Old August 16, 2002, 05:27   #34
Firebird
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
Hey Firaxis. Are you listening, finally?

I see 90.38% of those voting want WHAT YOU TOOK OUT - Civil Wars.

You can also end your capital hoping in Civ 3. No matter how many times we take the enemy capital it just jumps to another city or town. It should at least not occur for several turns of Anarchy.

There is an old saying - DON'T MESS WITH SUCCESS. But you messed alot with Civ 2, where Civil Wars were a basic part of the game.
They didn't take anything out, because civ 3 is not a new version of civ 2. It's build from scratch.

I agree that it would be very interresting to have civil wars in civ 3, but it was never a basic part of civ 3. I have played many civ2-games without any civil wars.

Oh, and you are right: That capital-jumping should create several turns of anarchy!
Old August 16, 2002, 11:36   #35
TexasPride
Settler

Local Time: 22:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thats a good idea to have anarchy for a couple of turns on the capture of the capitol. Thats a good way to make the cap slightly more important but realisticly. Maybe put it on a CHANCE of anarchy though.Maybe something like a 50:50 chance of it. The US lost Washington in The War of 1812. I've never read heard or seen anything that suggests that there was any form of anarchy that happened then.

Texas Above All