Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 06:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Impressing.
When it comes to me, I stopped my Byzantine game,
it was becoming boring, and played a bit as Granada;
I conquered entire Castille and crippled Aragonia.
Later, I had a rest, and concentrated on converting everything into Muslim faith.
But I have a problem. The tax money percentage got stucked, and I can't continue the game until one tells me how to change that.
Heresson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2003, 12:47   #153
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Double-click on the slider, then it will unlock.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2003, 12:57   #154
Heresson
Emperor

DEFINITELY I should've read the instruction...
Thanks! That was another (too) simple question I guess.
Old February 11, 2003, 22:29   #155
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Local Time: 05:46
Quote:
Originally posted by Main_Brain Jupp but the Graphics are boring and without Fog the Framerate is really crappy
Not to mention all those idiotic NPCs.

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.
Comrade Tribune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2003, 07:54   #156
Heresson
Emperor

Well, I had a very bad situation in my Grenadian game.
Entire Christian Europe (the greatest might is Lithuania,
stretching from Ural to Adriatic Sea) declared war on me
after I annexed another big part of Burgundia.
I had a nice war with it, Switzerland and Savoi earlier)
Additionally, I was attacked by my southern Muslim fellows, Marocco and Algeria, and I was still engaged in war against Mamluks.
I managed to come out of it succesfully, but it was very very hard. I lost, not once, most of my French posessities (first to Hessen, which I managed to conquer later, however, and later to Meklemburg and Bretagne), half of Spain was lost to Aragon, my African posessities to local Muslims... But I bought some out of war, and everntually;
-reduced Bretagne is my vassal
-reduced Marocco is my vassal
-I am finishing the conquest of Algeria right now
-I liberated Tunisia from the Mamluks
-I reduced Aragon to Sardinia and their capital
-I built a nice fleet
-I annexed Burbonia, which dared to cancel its vassality towards me.

My loss is that my vassal, Navarre, lost Champagne to the bad French.

I have an alliance with one Indian civ, but no call them for wars. As soon as they let me down, they attack me,
I learned.
Old February 21, 2003, 09:31   #157
Heresson
Emperor

I'm in a strange situation. I don't want to lead too many wars, so if someone attacks me, I usually buy him out of war. Especially that once Switzerland was annexed by Burgundy, I am cut off from one of my provinces.
I have lost some of my trade points, but brought Olinda in Brazil to a status of a city. My vassal, Marocco, is going in my traces and built a trade point on two of mine destroyed ones. I'm at war with Portugal; I captured their capital again, but my fleet is definitely not strong enough to beat them at the sea and their colonies are out of hand. Suprisingly, it is very loyal to its ally, The Dutch, whose two cities I'm sieging. They have a medium fortress, and are supposed to be captured in a half of year, but the siege lasts for years now. I just can't sign a separate peace treaty with Portugal, somehow. I have +20, but even if I demand +2, they don't want it. Of course, they propose me peace treaty, and some money, but I just can't resign of destroying the Dutch.
Yet, I converted two Dutch-speaking provinces.
Old February 22, 2003, 20:38   #158
Jules
Warlord

Local Time: 23:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question about negotiating peace
In my Grand Campaign game as Muscowy, I established a military alliance with Ukraine. Not too long after, Lithuania (joined by Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Siebenbürgen, and Teutonic Order) declared war on Ukraine. They requested my help so I joined in. Later I wanted to negotiate peace with Lithuania, the enemy alliance leader, but I was only able to do it as a seperate peace rather than as leader of my alliance. I could however change Lithuania between alliance leader and seperate peace. Is it because Ukraine was attacked first that I can't negotiate on their behalf?
Old February 22, 2003, 21:38   #159
Havard
Warlord

Local Time: 05:46
Yes. In war the alliance leader is the attacker/attacked country.
Havard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2003, 16:49   #160
Jules
Warlord

Nationalism revolt risk question
Thanks, Havard; that clears up a few things for me.

Regarding nationalism revolt risk, I only seem to be getting this from provinces I've captured from Golden Horde, nowhere else (and I have captured a lot of territory from others; I've been quite the warmonger up to this point ). My question is: where does this nationalism revolt risk come from? The only provinces I've taken from the Horde have been Orthodox religion, Russian culture.
Old February 24, 2003, 17:10   #161
Jules
Warlord

Behold my domain!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	muscowy_1477.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	37927  
Old February 24, 2003, 17:33   #162
Nikolai
Deity

You get nationalism in any province you get, if it's not a province you have a CB shield on. (CB shields is those shields you have on some provinces in the diplomatic mode, if you didn't know.)
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Old March 4, 2003, 22:11   #163
Jules
Warlord

War in the Crimea: strange happenings
In accordance with my "Big Brother"...er, I mean "Good Neighbor" policy towards fledgling Orthodox states, I created an alliance with Georgia and Ukraine. Later Ukraine declared war on the Papal States, which somehow managed to get a hold of the province of Crimea. A coalition of Italian city-states sides with the Pope; Georgia and I tag along with Ukraine, hoping to finally rid the region of the Italian presence along the northern coast of the Black Sea (which belongs to me by divine right! )

Georgia is the first to move in, bypassing the rebel-controlled province Kerch (owned by Genoa) and attacking the Genoan army in adjacent Kaffa. They lose. By this time, I had captured Crimea from the Papal States. But instead of retreating towards home, the defeated Georgian army is now marching through Crimea, and is still doing so many months later. My troops are suffering attrition because of this, and I'm wondering how it could be taking them so long to move through the province? So I save the game and reload as Georgia.

Imagine my surprise when I find their movement path going into Terra Incognita to the northeast and exiting in Georgia to the southeast. Does the AI treat all of Terra Incognita as a single province? And how can they even go in there without a conquistador or Level 31 land tech?

Just thought I'd share this seeming oddity with you.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	game_pic_01.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	38900  

Last edited by Jules; March 4, 2003 at 22:18.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2003, 10:18   #164
Heresson
Emperor

Strange, but I don't know.

When it comes to my game,
after long sieges,
I managed to;
-crush southern India and anect most of it
-almost complete islamisation of my catholic and protestant provinces
-cripple Austria
-subdue Lithuania
-subdue England, Scotland and Puritans
-subdue Genoa, destroy Hospitaliers and Cyprus
-destroy Mamluks, and after taking most of it, subdue
Persia
-subdue Nowogrod (which has annected -how?- Denmark) and later Russia
-colonise quite some points, esp. in Africa
-subdue 1-province-left France
etc.
I used to have a big alliance with Oman, Uzbek Khanate, Delhi and Caliphate (another joke of hist. accuracy), but now I have it only with Uzbeks (stretching from Black Sea to Indian Ocean) and as big Delhi. None of my allies wanted to be my vassal.
My next pray shall be Turkish-Oman-Chineese alliance.
Old March 6, 2003, 03:29   #165
Jules
Warlord

The Empire of Russia
Update:
So after figuring out that my allies were trying to send their troops into provinces they hadn't discovered yet, I dispatched diplomats to exchange discoveries with them. Both Georgia and Ukraine agreed. Georgia was probably the most useful ally. Their army moving northeast through Crimea finally figured out they couldn't get home by marching around Terra Incognita, turned around and went back the way they came, laying siege to Genoa-owned Kerch. By this time I had obliterated the Genoan army in Kaffa and made a successful siege, then sent Mihail Glinski (my only siege engineer) with a few thousand cavalry and helped the Georgians finish off Kerch. Meanwhile, Georgia sent its navy into the Black Sea and defeated a few small flotillas of Italian ships, presumably preventing Italian reinforcements from landing in the Crimea. Didn't have a big enough victory score to demand all three provinces, but I was able to force the Papal States to give up Crimea. Yippee, I have a coast now!

In late 1516, the Reformation came. Bremen, Saxony, and Sweden are the first nations to switch to Protestantism by 1520. Sweden is significant because their military alliance with Novgorod is now vacated, and that was the only thing keeping me from finishing them off. I will probably force-vassalize them and try to diplo-annex later. I've really been trying to bring down my badboy from all my early conquests. I had over three decades of peace until Ukraine attacked the Papal States out of the blue.

Finally on January 19, 1520 I had the "Empire of Russia" event. Of course I took over the Byzantine mantel. Now we'll see what wonderful historical events are in store for the freedom-loving Russians (serfdom is almost non-existent now).
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	russia_1520b.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	38997  
Old March 6, 2003, 11:04   #166
Heresson
Emperor

When it comes to me, I've just subdued Sweden.
Old March 15, 2003, 10:50   #167
Nikolai
Deity

I have played OE for some days, and my empire got big! I had almost all of the Middle East, most of Northern Africa, some of south eastern Europe near Kaukasus, and all of Balkan with half of Austria with. All of my provinces is muslim, except for some of the ones in the Balkan area. Of course, the stab cost is killing me...
Old March 17, 2003, 06:15   #168
Heresson
Emperor

Well, my Grenadian game is crushing, so I started a new, Japaneese, one. At the start, I had many successes, conquering larger part of China and some provinces in Indochina. But later... With +3 stability and 100% tolerance, revolts are starting in Japan as if I had -3 stability... Now it's even worse, as I have converted to Christianity, to protestantism to be exact.
(I don't know how did it happen, as the guy who came to me was a catholic).
Oh well.
The game is vvvvvveeeeeerrrrry hard, also because i can't have mercenaries, and I get +1 soldier a month only. Still, I would have crushed China completely, but I can't risk going down to 0 stability, can I.
Suprisingly, Chineese priovinces at least used to be quite peaceful. These are my own Japaneese that are revolting.
Old March 17, 2003, 10:02   #169
Nikolai
Deity

That's not surprisingly at all. The Japanese has a lot of RR in their home provinces in the early game, because of the long Civil War they had historically. You can't do much with it, other than shortening it a bit, but I don't know how unfortunately....
Old March 17, 2003, 15:50   #170
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

@Jules:
Why didnt you aim for the Trade Center in Novgorod?
Too much Trouble? ;=)
Old March 21, 2003, 09:03   #171
Heresson
Emperor

As the game became tedious, my new choice shall be the papal state.

Leading wars in the name of God is fun
Old March 21, 2003, 10:56   #172
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 00:46
BTW, don't forget to marry off your many nieces and nephews.
Old March 24, 2003, 10:34   #173
Heresson
Emperor

I do that. I have 2 royal marriages right now
Anyway, the game is pretty hard. I started with allieing with Genoa and Modena, and easily annexed Mantua and Florence. That was the end of the simple things,
as I was stucked between hostile Lombard, Venice, Austria, Switzerland on one side, and as dangerous Naples on the other. Modena was destroyed by Lombard during the war. Eventually, I managed to destroy Naples in two wars and vassalise Lombard (taking Modena as my province), but it took me some time. The same time I think, I took entire Sicily from Aragon (unf. later it rebelled, which I didn't notice in time, and now Messina is my "Sicilia" vassal).
Later on, my only loyal ally was Genoa, and it was pretty useful. I managed to take all Austria but Wien, but it was hard, as I was being constantly attacked by Bayern and Czechs. But I managed to reduce Hungary to one province as well. But then, the era of great rebels started. Anyway, I moved, vassalised and reduced Moldavia, and later, when it was attacked by Great Vallachia (consisting of Vallachia, two Serbian and two Bulgarian provinces), I reduced it in two wars to
a 1-province vassal. But due to its problem, I stopped my lithuanian campaign, taking just 4 provinces.
When Genoa left me, eventually annexed by France (now it resurrected), I tried to ally with someone. But without success. Everyone hated me despite lavish gifts I used to send them. Eventually I allied with great Byzantine empire, consisting of practically all Anatolia,
Armenia, Kurdistan, Circassia, and 4 european provinces.
Meanwhile, I reduced by 2 provinces and subdued protestant Poland, which annected Czechs and Pomerania. Later it annexed Lithuania (which annexed Teutonic Knights), so my vassal is almost as strong as I am. It converted to catholicism, which was nice, but now I am afraid it would convert to protestantism and I would have to lead a war against it again. It happened to me with great Brandenburg (Br, Mekl, Sax, other).
Now it is reduced to Brand. and Mekl. I helped it fight the rebels. I crippled Burgund, and reduced (with big Byzantine help) Venetia to 1 province, which I plan to annex the best suitable time. I also lead two wars against Aragon, destroying it hand to hand with France.
Old April 1, 2003, 11:57   #174
Heresson
Emperor

England is no more, Spain reduced to 1 province in Europe, Sweden, Dahomej, Uzbek Horde and Russia severely crippled, France, Puritans, Ireland, Burgund vassalised, etc
Old May 8, 2003, 09:30   #175
Heresson
Emperor

OK. I quitted France with some 20 years to the end, with several 1-province vassals and some independants;
-Incas (crippled)
-Mexico (1 trade point. sic!)
-some Indians in the west of USA
-Zimbabwe
-Kongo
-Mamluks 1 p
-Ashanti
-Uzbeks 3p
-Mataram, Brunei and something
-CHina (reduced to shreds)
-Hospitaliers
-Scottland 1p
that's all I guess.
But my friend conquered entire world (no vassals), and that's what I'm going to do as England. I'm on a good way.
Old June 25, 2003, 20:59   #176
Heresson
Emperor

Well, I played England, and there is just 1 1-province state left in the word except for me, and some 100 years more to play. It became boring, just colonising and converting (I was just finishing converting Orthodox to Catholicism after I got rid of all those protestants and reformates).
I started playing Brandenburg. It was pretty hard at the start, and alliance with Poland and Lithuania helped me a lot. Right now, I have most of northern Germany (with three 1-province vassals), all of Modern Poland but Krakow, all Lithuanian posessities but Vilnius, Budziak, all Hungarian posessities but Buda and all Czech posessities but Praga,
with three trade centers (Mechlin, Gdañsk, Ryga)
Old August 8, 2004, 17:14   #177
Heresson
Emperor

(a return of the longest thread in this forum's history I guess)

Tired with conquering the world, I decided to have a more a challenging game. I played Netherlands, and I restricted myself not to go out from historical borders of them, colonies and something in between in needed. Well, I broke my promess because when England offered me Normandia and Caux, and some other civ Oldenburg, I thought I'll take them and make my vassals, but it didn't work. I really enjoyed the game. Lately in it, I made France my vassal, attacks by it were pretty annoying.

My more consequent game was a game by portugal. For hungreds of years, I stayed out of any wars, just colonised, colonised. Only lately, I decided to take other Iberian posessions, meaning - Spain. They have the same culture, so I guess I can treat them as colonies.
My empire is really nice.

Have You ever managed to colonise all the provinces available? I would be close to that, if not for the update that made 9 colons needed to build a town instead of 7. Annoying.
Old August 17, 2004, 11:17   #178
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Tedious I agree.
Old March 18, 2005, 18:14   #179
Heresson
Emperor

I thought I'll bump my beloved thread with some maps.
It's been a long long time, hasn't it!

Here's a map of my Aztec game. I allied with the Spanish, which costed me a lot, but paid of when France's attacked me.
The hardest wars was against Iroquees, two big wars against England, and against Quebec - all ended in great victory, though.
I converted to catholicism, practically all of my provinces are converted, and as such have Aztec culture as well
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	new bitmap image.gif
Views:	12
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	100004  
Old March 18, 2005, 18:15   #180
Heresson
Emperor

ANd here is my Viyanagar game. I didn't convert to Islam.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	vitanagar.gif
Views:	12
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	100005