Old July 22, 2002, 20:51   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 00:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Firaxis Accepting Mod/Scenario Requests for PtW
Well, requests to get your mod/scenario INTO it, at least.

So in case you didn't see it in the news, they are.
I'm going to send them my Civil War scenario once I'm finished with it soon.
Hmmm, I wonder what scenario I should make next...
Old July 22, 2002, 21:11   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:48
Waterloo
Old July 22, 2002, 21:20   #3
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 01:48
Laziness?
Old July 22, 2002, 22:28   #4
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 04:48
Well, requests to get your mod/scenario INTO it, at least.

Yes it is all very excting. The best mods, sceniros etc come from the fan community, so it is good move on their part.
Old July 22, 2002, 22:36   #5
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Not much time though... only a couple weeks. Hopefully people will get cracking and some good scenarios will be submitted before the deadline (a WWII especially ).
Old July 22, 2002, 23:15   #6
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 05:48
Just curious, but how will the diplomacy issue be fixed in a world war two scenario? Unless the diplomacy is put in by Firaxis with an upgraded in-house editor, I could see some pretty freakish alliances popping up over Europe in 1939. Unless this has all been sorted out and I missed something big?
Old July 22, 2002, 23:17   #7
Jon Shafer

Nope, no diplomacy. And I highly doubt that Firaxis will modify scenarios in any way. Looks like it'll be an interesting day in Germany, 1939.
Old July 23, 2002, 03:25   #8
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 05:48
Trip, how about a WWII scenario in the Pacific theatre. It would be the allied forces under Supreme Allied Commander Mac Arthur against the Japanese. You could only use two sides, i.e. Allies which would include Americans, Australians, British and New Zealanders and on the other side you would have the Japanese. The map would stretch betwn say the US westwards to Burma and Indochina. Of course if you want to make it 100% accurate you can use China and Russia but then it would be difficult to manage relations without a better editor. What I really like aboiut this idea is the use of naval and air power would be much more significant than in the European Theatre and thus a good change plus you can use Marines which are also not utilized much. It would be a longer and slower game because of all the water tiles and the difficulty of taking over island after island (or island hopping as they used to call Mac Arthur's strategy back in WWII).

The problem that I see is the lack of naval and air units. There are only a few in the game but they would have to be a lot more for such a scenario.

So long....
Old July 23, 2002, 09:39   #9
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 22:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You see? Firaxis still believe we can create scenarios, despite having no diplomacy editing, no events/scripts, no turn length editing and perhaps other crucial editing features. Cleverly designed custom maps and civ placements are one thing (and worthy to be included in PtW), but scenarios they are not. Why do they keep perpetuating this lie?
Old July 23, 2002, 17:06   #10
Destroyer
Prince

Local Time: 04:48
How do we create scenarios without a proper editor?

Shouldnt Firaxis be asking this be the question for their second xp?

I think they are just taking the piss by asking.

I for one will not even bother starting to mod until the tools are there.
Old July 23, 2002, 17:21   #11
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 06:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Destroyer
I for one will not even bother starting to mod until the tools are there.
You had tools for MODing, right from v1.07f

You have tools for map making, and now better them before (MINI-MAP).

And you have limited scenario tools (still interesing things can be made regardless of limitations).
Old July 23, 2002, 20:37   #12
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 23:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Perhaps I should drop all of my other mods and make the "The invasion of England by the Irish" mod.